Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 40- 6th/7th April 2024 'spoilers'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

they'll claim this was the plan all along, but not a chance. however, it has played out beautifully.

Bloodline Rock is a great pivot.

So Cody will finish his story at Wrestlemania. It doesn't need The Rock, but they may still insert him as something like an enforcer to stack the odds a little more. But I've little doubt Cody gets the belt at WM40, as he should.

There could still be a scenario where it's Rock/Reigns vs Rhodes/Rollins on Night One, with Reigns v Rhodes on Night 2.

I also think this is the start of the Roman Reigns babyface turn with Rock/Roman at Summerslam for the title of Tribal Chief. He's already taking the position of little brother in the dynamic, walking behind Rock and taking his lead, and I think the story will see him rise up after not being able to take it once he loses the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,874 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I don't think Gunther can leave the US atm with this visa so maybe Jey will be Cody's partner vs Roman/Rock. Jimmy can cost him the match

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

I watched the presser back and thought it was excellent. It really felt massive with Cody picking Roman and Rock going full blown heel. As someone mentioned earlier it felt way more than a presser and they have serious momentum now. I thought Rock played off the heel role beautifully, he had such presence on that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Agreed, especially when he cursed out Triple H when he was backstage. Really interesting to see how they push this heel Corporate/Bloodline Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Punk was doing good shít-stirring on the panel too. Saying stuff like; "Rock is his boss, right? Hit him back. I shouldn't say that...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just watched. It does now seem like they planned all this. Still strange.

Wonder why Cody didn't have his music play to interrupt The Rock instead of just speaking.

Good seeing Big E again and does Punk have a neck injury as well since he seemed very stiff, turning his body instead of his head?

And it seems like they're just saying Becky will win the Chamber.

I don't want to see Cody in any match other than the main event vs. Reigns on the Sunday night.

It cheapens his story, all for the purpose of shoehorning in an unwanted and unneeded Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,340 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

TKO Holdings taking a leaf out of its other company with that thing last night night

The only thing missing from last night was Dana White he would have done a better job than HHH hyping.

That only thing missing was going a UFC style weight in be fore that face off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Trying to remember from previous press conferences, did Triple H go by Paul? He was introduced as Paul "HHH" Levesque then Jackie called him Paul backstage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The press event Pulled in some serious numbers for them. Product is read hot at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

a friend messaged me asking the same thing. Going he’s HHH since when are they calling him paul. I imagine this is a TKO move to make them feel more sport like.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,934 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He's definitely been referred to as Paul "Triple H" Levesque for at least the past year anyway, i've noticed it in any of the pressers i've watched... can check out Saxton introducing him at the wrestlemania press conference last year;

(20 minutes 18 seconds)

I can safely say I have never watched a press conference until the mania 40 kick off one. The hype was too much not to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,934 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ha, fair enough, really can’t blame ya 😅

I throw on the post-event ones sometimes, can be a kind of interesting weird mix of kayfabe and real. And man, what a total pro Cody always is! You’d genuinely think he was the actual boss usually. That’s the EVP experience I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Teaser trailer for Wrestlemania (because apparently we're doing that now...)

I have no idea what they're going for with the way they're featuring all 4 of them. Tag match on one night, title matches the next? Just plain 1-on-1s? 4 way for all the belts?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The day that’s in it, I’m presuming that ad, at that lenght, is going to be airing at some point during the Super Bowl.

It’s weird, it 100% implies Rock and Seth are heavily involved in the main event now. Are they in the corners? Are we getting Rock vs Seth (which I think would be a brilliant story tbh; Rock winning the title, Roman losing his, and then Rock vs Roman can play out whatever they originally had planned). Big match for Seth too.

but.l.how does the EC fit in. rock going to be in the chamber to win it and set that match up? Or maybe we just run Rock/Roman vs Seth/Cody on night one, and Roman vs Cody on Night 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,263 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love Seth Vs. The Rock but DM Hunk deserves something also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

Sami Zayn again?

Would be fun if he went after Dragunov/NXT champ or, for the biggest WrestleMania evarrrr and since they have some kind of relationship now, whoever the TNA champ is?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Petermc83

It be happy with Cody vs Roman vs Rock ( Cody wins)

Seth vs DM Hunk vs Sami ( McIntyre wins)

Gunther vs Jey Uso ( Jey wins to free up Gunther for a Cody title shot)

Becky vs Rhea ( Rhea wins)

Bayley vs Iyo ( Iyo wins with help from Dakota who turns on Bayley)

Logan Paul vs KO ( KO wins the US title)

LA Knight vs AJ Styles ( LA Knight Wins)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I've been out of the loop for a few months now. What has happened LA Knight and his "story". The bloke seemed destined for massive things.

Does he not fit in with Seth and the other title?

• Advertisement

Seth is on Raw, LA Knight is on Smackdown, LA Knight did well for himself but he is only a temporary Main eventer, his in ring work is average his character work is fantastic. I could see him beating Logan Paul for the US belt at Mania myself.

Has WWE aired ads before in Superbowl prime slots?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The amount of blatant misinformation allowed to be posted on that platform is simply staggering. Like, the guy is flat out lying about what went on to suit his own agenda!

And you can't even report it for misinformation is the shocking thing, it's not an option when you hit the report button.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The worst part is there are people commenting under that guys post believing what he is saying

It's guys like that, that make you understand why the Rock has and had some understandable trepidation about going heel again it wasn't about wrestling or movie fans it was about guys like that using it to attack and lie about real things the Rock does.

What happens if Cody only wins the WWE title and Roman keeps the Universal title.

Roman then keeps the Universal title till he breaks Hogans record of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Correct - The WWE Universal Championship. It's just the one Championship now (2 belts)

It won't be separated. If it did there'd be 3 World Titles then which is obviosuly not gonna happen.

Advertisement