Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I've heated grips and normally agree but this morning the backs of my hands were freezing. I had summer gloves on because the winter ones I have are **** and I need a new pair but normally the summer ones are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Got a pair of these...

€98.77 to the door from China. No tax or duty (came through the Netherlands). The quality seems very good.

Brilliant with heated grips. Warm on palms and backs.

Probably should have asked this before ordering, anybody had any experience with Monster Fairings?

I'm doing a medium resto on my 954 Blade and went with them, they're US based but I assume still manufactured in Asia. Reviews I've seen are mostly positive.

The tank is currently in the paintshop and the lad drops that back he's taking the wheels to paint them bronze and the calipers are going black (currently gold)

What started out as a 'light refresh' has turned into

Tank resprayed

Wheels and calipers resprayed (not done yet)

Swingarm polished

All new fairing

New headlight (Old one is a little tired)

All wiring tidied up, new loom tape etc.

New indicators (Previous owner put LED ones in that are ****, why does everybody do this??!)

PC3 removed and to be replaced with PC5 and dyno tune (not done yet) Might replace all 4 coils prior to this.

Fitted 'sports' heated grips

Removed aftermarket levers and returned to OEM

Scorpion titanium can

While it's apart I am also going to replace the cam chain tensioner and I'm going to get all new braided lines, it has braided fronts but they're grubby as hell and the rear is rubber so going to get a full set.

I've likely forgotten loads too. Feckin hell bikes are mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

who is doing your wheels for him?

I got mine done by Kat in Fermanagh, would highly recommend.

https://www.instagram.com/klc_wheel_refurb/

Going the motogadget route on wiring is great too if you are doing the wiring yourself, i've installed two units now in different bikes.

The fairing is likely to arrive bare, so you will need to respray that.

I've to paint and Pinstripe the S fairing for my Dads bike this year at some point. He's converting the R100rt into a R100S

• Advertisement

@blade1 Yes... just think Fr.Ted and the ding. I started tidying a few bits then it got out of control

@goblin59 I have a lad that does a few nixxers to keep himself going, usually does long term car restoration but he's done a bit for me and tidied up my Blackbird to a high standard.

The fairing is coming in the original colours and supposedly an exact match, the decals are missing but I have a guy doing them for me.

And then last night a PC5 with quickshifter popped up for sale in the UK and it's now on the way to my office in London.... I had intended getting the PC5 as above anyway. At least I've got it for a decent price

It's neverending 🥵

I stupidly knocked over my ZZR in the shed and put a few little dents on the tank, a small crack on the fairing and broke the screen.

The tank and fairing aren't that noticeable but I'm fussy and if I didn't sort it I'd completely lose interest in having the bike.

Was looking up tanks and fairings online and one place had one tank and one fairing left in stock and had a 50% discount so I pulled the trigger on them🥵

Tank came with all its bits and bobs

Also got a puig screen.

Ah nothing worse than a stupid drop.

I'm sure it'll be minty very shortly

Wasn't even touching the bike at the time FFS.

I moved another bike and forgot it was chained to the ZZR.

Tipped it over.

Costly mistake.

• Advertisement

Ouch, tough one, nothing worse than that.

Biker down at Bluebell this morning, I stopped for a bit to help and got the bike off the road. He had gone straight into the back of a Tesco delivery van the poor sod. Bit banged up but he was conscious and talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Rule of thumb. If you are unable to see right through it, then try get around it or stay welllllll back.

Missing an entire foresight behind vans or trucks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Hey , apologies on barging into the thread , but if anyone knows , you guys might ...longshot ..does anyone know if LME Motorcycles in Dundrum is still open? Bought an order from them online , on saturday and after the charge went through got an automail to say that the owner Liam wouldnt be available for the forseeable future and to ring his number. Just tried it and it disconnects instantly as soon as I try . A/ Hope the guy is ok B/ if the shop is closed down I should probably try and get a refund .They do a lot of Honda 50 specialty stuff as well , but that site (honda50.ie) just has the same contact details

cheers!

I had heard it was closed down, I'm not sure if Liam is still about

• Registered Users Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hopefully you get sorted. Bear in mind, it being Monday, most bike shops wouldn't normally open . You might get an update tomorrow if you try then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

That isn't the shop that burned down recently is it - made the news ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

I don't think so but I didn't hear that. I just saw a while back in a FB group it had closed down. Liam was elderly enough and had run it for 40odd years. It was a back lane garage really

Moto pitstop in Rathgar is the shop that burnt down

• Advertisement

Its a pity ,I just found his store , and more importantly his side store selling old toys and models - had a load of good stuff! , Hope he's ok , if anyone sees him let him know he needs to get someone to put a notice on his webstores though!!

He got me out of a hole during covid when I needed a part, an absolute gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,089 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fuckin' Givi top box key broke in the lock!

Between one thing and another I have no original keys left, they're all copies - there isn't that much "meat" left in the key once it's cut and it seems the cutting process causes stress points which eventually crack

Luckily I was able to use the stump of the key to unlock it but most of it is well embedded in there - same thing happened me a few years ago but there was just enough left sticking out to be able to retrieve it

I've got the lock barrel out but it doesn't look like there's any way to get what's left of the key out. There used to be Givi lock sets online fairly cheap so that's the way to go I suppose. In the meantime I hope nobody in my work car park feels like robbing a tyre pump and first aid kit 🤔

€13 on Louis for one lock barrel and 2 keys, shipping is €8.99 though...

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Givi standard lock barrel and keys, €13

Givi "security" lock barrel and keys, €20.65

The second one is longer though and it doesn't look like it'll fit my case (don't know the model number but it's an early 2000s side case) there doesn't seem to be anywhere for the longer barrel to go. Later ones seem to have a different locking mechanism.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I managed to get a broken key out of lock before with a strong magnet. Might be worth a try?

Tried it with some rare earth magnets, no luck, there's a plastic cover on the keyhole so it's almost impossible to push that out of the way at the same time as holding a magnet close enough.

I've ordered a replacement lock set from Louis

Best thing for it rather than messing about.

I made space in the shed to continue the work on the Blade. Obviously needed to stay hydrated

Aprilia testing in Sepang

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Apparently it's not aero rake, their picking up channel 4.

• Advertisement

Postie brought some goodies. Came with a quickshifter but don't know if I'll bother with that.

Advertisement