Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭muddle84

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Not a great pic, that’s in the garage at home. I’ll be washing it tmrw so will get a better one then.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,699 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yeah I'd paint those walls. Bring the place right up 😁😉🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭muddle84

Have Jury Service next month. Anyone know wheres decent to park on the northside. Its Parkgate street court. Paid parking is fine. Any of them suit motorcycles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭blade1

More to the point, I pity the poor fucker, who's faith lies in your hands 😂

I said the exact thing when I opened the envelope

• Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bicycle racks right outside IIRC, there's always photographers and guards milling about 😉 wear your most bikery looking gear possible and no defence counsel will fail to object to you 😁

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I picked one up on Ali out of curiosity.

Seems good enough quality. I'd still wonder how it would hold up safety wise.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

How much was it and what are the safety markings like?. I never know what to trust.

• Advertisement

€16 delivered.

Didn't notice any safety markings and if I did I'd probably take them with a pinch of salt.

I can get over loosing skin or breaking bones but I'd rather keep my eyes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah I get it, ornamental

I stupidly put a massive scratch in a nearly new Shoei visor a couple of years ago banging it off a wall while carrying it, right in my eyeline too, expensive lesson learned, but I'd rather stick with the real thing...

@listermint here's a post I did in Legal Discussion forum which might be of interest 😮

If I'm called again, I'm going in full-on biker gear and the most obnoxious band t-shirt I can rustle up

I've served on two juries, I've done my bit.

I can see why people might want to see what happens the first time out of curiosity, but in reality sitting around for all or most of a week is a bore, and doing it a second time is just a pain.

First time around was a rape trial - it's common today to give long exemptions from jury service for these but we got nothing.

Second time around was an assault case - nobody on the jury could figure out how on earth the DPP thought there was enough evidence to prosecute, it was a waste of everyone's time. There was a very young looking prosecuting counsel, it seemed like a training run for her...

That was a lucky escape though, we had video link in the jury room as Mark Nash was being arraigned, I mean everyone recognised him and knew he was already convicted of murders and didn't want to be assigned to that trial for sure... some people in the same batch as me had to serve on his trial.

😮😮

If you get on a trial the lunches are very good though. Otherwise if you're sitting around in a jury room all week doing nothing you have to feed and water yourself while keeping your boss off your back.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Also if you feel that the law is unjust (certain herbal plant products, perhaps?) there is no obligation on you to convict, no matter what the prosecution says.

Good night and good luck 😉

I think I just came.

Supercrapp exhausts are useless though, they just don't flow well.

Note the OE eccentric chain adjusters, a real quality touch.

It was the fastest production bike in the world, yet was (and is) a very capable tourer or even commuter.

150 MPH baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

its a bit slow compared to a gen 1 Hayabusa production bike though?

their top speed was 194mph, which then made agreements come out to prevent factory production bikes from ever getting to those speeds again and being max 186mph

A Hayabusa wasn't around in 1984 though...

Happy Christmas to whoever is left on here! 🙈

• Advertisement

Ah heyor. Only 35k miles on this thing... that's tantamount to bike abuse so 'tis.

Shiny shiny silver fairing bits... what sort of twat would buy into that colour scheme!!! 😛 the flame red one was great too but was not in stock...

Ohh but that white face tacho with a 13500 redline...

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

Nice, but doesn't have the good looks the 900R had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

From Garda Twitter. Or X.

Did I see that bike for sale on donedeal the other day? 🤔

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Can't recall the last time I had the bike out. Looks like it'll be another while yet before I do.

Was out last week, and week before and before that too. Is the SSE more tropical or what ? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm commuting still but feck me it's cold. I'm right next to the M50 and my office is also just off it so busy roads and it's not been raining but if it gets any worse I'll have to take the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

I don't miss commuting on the bike this time of year. Not one bit. That's down to covid, working from home and change of office location.

And the bike won't come out until the next warm, dry Sunday.

Yes, I've gone soft.

I've a Keis vest about 7 years, Klim jacket and pants and hand warmers. It's really comfortable I don't understand folks that ride with just the gear and layers tbh.

• Advertisement

Can't understand people riding in the winter without heated grips. Even with them not on full I can wear summer gloves if it's not raining. OK so a moped or a 125's electrics might not be able to cope but anything bigger than that.

Roads are caked in salt at the moment though and it's not possible to be certain the estate or other untreated bits won't freeze up before I get home, so I took the Luas (had to be in office today) which means leaving the house over an hour earlier...

Advertisement