Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 NFL regular season thread (no picks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,783 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Packers looking good. Injuries a concern right now the the 49ers. McCaffrey was getting physio on the sideline, Deebo gone for a concussion test.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Shanahan being so conservative on this possession

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Blocked FG, not great. 49ers have looked tentative entire first half. Rain not helping. Defense going well, 3 Red Zone stops but the offense needs to step up now, especially without Deebo who is likely not coming back.

49ers will start 2nd half with the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

Suh comes across like a guy who could be a very good coach if he fancies that career path.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Such a stupid penalty

• Advertisement

McCaffrey after the tackle is just different gravy.

EDIT: just saw the replay and they barely grazed him with a fingernail.

Point above still stands though. Great after the tackle.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Crazy game the last few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

What a return. Looks like I picked the right playoff game to stay up for.

That recovery was massive

What a passage of play haha.

Brilliant return, brilliant fumble recovery and brilliant throw from Love for the TD.

• Advertisement

Missed the first half, good thing it only started to get a bit mad now.

Why is virtually every ad on Sky for betting companies 🤮

49ers don't take full advantage of the turnover.

Missed FG for Green Bay

Great drama in this

Some drop by Kittle

Too easy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Ooohhh

This amount of time would be an eternity for Rodgers, we'll see what Love is made of.

49ers escape. Sad end to a very entertaining game.

If the Lions take care of the Bucs thrill go there with lots of belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Red team win. Booooo

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Love is good but that was a bad mistake to kill it. If Rodgers was holding that ball, they win that game. Hooray!!!

Long term, the Packers look good for another few years of being contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This has become one of my favorite January traditions.

Because it was a bad throw that ended it.

I understand as a 49ets fan you celebrate the pick and think it's a great play but it was all on Love. It was thrown to three 49ers. That wasn't in keeping with how the rest of the game went.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Just back home from game, we 100% deserved to lose, Packers owned us all game but just didn’t have the experience to close it out.

it’s easy to pile on Purdy or whoever but i honestly think we got out coached, it was so frustrating and most of friends are super homers so it makes it worse lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Were you actually at the game? Cool if so

it was a great game. If some of the Packers could actually tackle they would have won.

I don't know that they got outcoached. There was a lot of inaccurate passes, even checkdowns he was throwing uncatchable balls, partially due to the weather I imagine as he has struggled in rainy conditions before.

On top of that you have some bad drops from receivers and it seemed like 49ers defenders were losing their footing all night. Also Ambry Thomas is on full on panic mode whenever the ball comes near him. Gave up 2 huge PI's on critical plays.

I'm not sure you can place much blame on Shanahan outside of the awful clock management to end the first half.

Ultimately the difference was 2 dropped INT's from the packers and their inability to score TD's in the Redzone on 3 possessions at the start of the game, coming away with only 6 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So it’s a disappointing end to the game for packers then ? I understand what you mean but sad is an weird way to describe the end of a game of American football.

It'd be a disappointing end to the game no matter which way it went with that ending. If it was an interception where it was a contested ball or the player read it and stepped in front of the receiver that's a different thing.

Ball thrown to three defenders is a disappointing way for a great game to end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭myate

Nice man. What was Levis like...on tv, at the start & end the crowd sounded loud, not the rest though! I was at the Divisional last year against the Cowboys, never heard anything like it (having been to the Vikings playoff & a bunch of regular season)...deafening for the full game. Unfortunately can't get over this year...been looking at tickets though, 1000+ for section 129 (where I always sit) for next weekend!

Advertisement