Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moon landing hoax

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BailenaMbocht

less than 5 minutes if you can spare the time

We can NOT travel beyond low earth orbit. There should not even be a discussion. The agency credited with this feat openingly admit to been restricted basically to flying really high. This is the official stance on this matter. If you believe differently then the burden of proof is on you to prove mankind travels beyond 1 or 2 hundred miles.

Nasa footage is basically disney for adults. The hubble telescope showed us cgi and cartoons.

Most are generally good/honest people who could not believe they've been lied to by those trusted with delivering us actual facts. They know this and use our honesty and honour against us to enable this lie.

I can only guess as to the purpose of this deception, but we have been deceived for sure

Post edited by BailenaMbocht on

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But we can fly above low earth orbit.

You've been provided with mountains of evidence. You ignore it.

You provide no evidence or arguments to defend your notion that there's a decades long conspiracy involving millions of people and trillions of dollars to fake space flight for a reason you can't even state.

A five minute rant on twitter from a flat earther isn't going to convince anyone or even provide them something worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BailenaMbocht

removing space agency footage and press releases/news coverage you have provided zero evidence of flight above low orbit. Any questions aimed at, or explanations requested of the moon landing are disregarded and answered with the exact source i am questioning (nasa etc) or lights in the sky, or sometimes I'm just not intelligent enough to understand your constant reference to nasa.

I'll be answered with "so thousands of scientists are wrong or deceiving us". Like your answer above"conspiracy involving millions of people". This answers nothing and is used to end discussion and paint a false narrative that millions of people would have to be in on it.

These are examples of the mountains of evidence you refer to while that clip quotes musk at todays front line of space exploration and numerous quotes from official nasa spokesmen and nasa websites . But you disregard the obvious questions posed and label it a "5 min rant"

You my friend are the one unwilling to accept any evidence that questions your beliefs .

You've not provided any reason why any of the footage and evidence presented to you should be doubted or any argument or evidence to show that they are fake.

Likewise you cannot explain how or why such evidence would be faked other than all of the people in these space agencies must be involved in some nonsensical conspiracy. This isn't an answer to anything. It's just a very good reason why what you're proposing is impossible and why normal people don't accept your conspiracy theory. Your counter to this likewise isn't very convincing.

You have not provided a jot of evidence that any space flight is fake.

All you have is "I don't understand something, I'm not willing to expend any effort in trying to understand it, therefore I've stumbled across a decades long conspiracy."

I'm not willing to accept that as "evidence". Nor is it likely to make me question my beliefs for obvious reasons.

Additionally I'm not particularly interested in listening to 5 min Twitter videos from a flat earther. Because they believe the earth is flat.

Also your questions keep being answered. Please don't pretend otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Did you really post a video that quotes people saying we have gone to the moon as proof we haven’t gone to the moon? All of the quotes you think say we haven’t left LEO specifically says we have. “Besides Apollo we haven’t left LEO”.

Oh and you should say NASA is Star Trek, not Disney. Did you miss the memo?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That video told us absolutely nothing. It's just a bunch of quotes out of context put together by an idiot trying to scam people.

This comes up a bunch in conspiracy theories. We are being told that there's some secret plot to fake something, then as proof of this, we're given quotes from people involved apparently telling us it's fake. For some reason despite being able to keep this conspiracy running since the 50s, and it involving millions of people around the world, they still keep messing up and admitting to the whole thing on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,121 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not even going to waste the 5min to watch that, as I assume it'll be nonsense.

It’s just a few quotes from people who know space and the moon landings are real talking about space, and insinuations that there is a coverup because NASA lost some data.

NASA has never used CG for Space, not once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

You're intentionally ignoring responses to you I see. Consumer grade telescopes can get impressively clear photos of satellites. You can easily find videos on YouTube demonstrating the reflectors on the moon. So nope, we don't need to utilise the Hubble telescope to verify that the moon was landed on.

Basically your conspiracy involves the Chinese, Indian, American, Russian and European space agencies to engage in a large scale lie that they all align on. Three of those countries often have contentious relationships with both the EU and US but they all aligned on an elaborate lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Literally millions of people watched the Saturn V launches - and I don't mean on TV I mean with their own two eyes. Are they all in on it too?

Why build a Moon rocket and then not use it?

There is no reason a manned spacecraft that can reach low Earth orbit cannot leave Earth orbit, it's just a question of more fuel.

You don't understand concepts about spaceflight an eight year old can grasp, and therefore assume something you don't understand cannot be true. You cannot admit there are people far smarter than you (or I). It's an ego thing with these conspirators.

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,075 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The whole "the moon landing was fake" conspiracy falls down when one very very simple question is put to the CTers

" Why"?

Why would the moon landings be faked?

Who profited from it?

What benefit had it to those that say are behind the fakings?

What benefit does anyone have be the continuation of this fakery? Who is still making profit from the assertion that the moon landings were fake?

Post edited by sydthebeat on

well done for posting a video which categorically states that man DID land on the moon.

very well done sir !

chapeau

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The types of people who buy into the conspiracy don't question it

The only answer is that there's a giant conspiracy to convince everyone that the Earth is flat.

But believers don't want to state this because they know it makes them sound ridiculous and it shatters the "just asking questions" illusion.

It's a religion.

If they started questioning it the whole thing would unravel.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The video starts off with Elon Musk correctly stating that in 1969 we took people to the moon, which contradicts the conspiracy in this thread.

The video then cuts to Neil Degrasse Tyson confirming we went to the moon, which again contradicts the conspiracy. He states that many people have been in low earth orbit (to space stations), which is true, however only the astronauts have left it go to a planetary destination (the moon), which is true

A clip talks about NASA administration allegedly losing tech. Okay, half a mil is a relatively small amount out of a program that costs 10s of billions, stuff like this is common in large government agencies/corporations. A strange little cheapshot there.

Next clip is a guy saying he'd go to the moon in a nanosecond, but that we don't have the technology to do that anymore. He's correct. We shut down the moon landing program, and we'd have to fire it up again to go back (which is currently happening with Artemis). Same with Concorde. We used to have supersonic passenger flight across the Atlantic, we don't anymore, we'd have to fire the program up and redevelop everything.

The rest of it is just cherry-picked and selective quotes deliberately chopped up and taken out of context to make it sound like these people are saying something else. Real bottom of the barrel stuff.

It's a dishonest grifter video, clumsily designed to get people to doubt space travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭OrangeBadger

If it didn't happen the Russians and Chinese would he have exposed it with glee since they hack and rob everything already.

Plus if humans didn't make it to the moon then how did we get the cheese???

Exactly.

Relationships between the US and the USSR were at an all time low in the 60s.

Do you really think the Russians wouldn't have cried 'fake' if they had the proof the Americans didn't actually go to the moon.

• Advertisement

Without satellites, where would we get these type of images?

The argument would be "It's CGI". And that would be the end of the argument and the details given.

Theorists only vaguely hand wave at explanations like this. There's no thought about the actual logistics of how such a thing would be accomplished. No thought about the implications of those logistics.

For example, if someone were to argue that those images were just produced by CGI it leads to many more questions.

Who made the CGI image? Where? When? Are they involved in the conspiracy? Do they produce these images every day? How much are they paid for this?

Theorists can't provide any details because their explanation has no explanative power. It's no better than them just saying "It's magic."

The funny thing is that a lot of them declare that they don't believe the official (real) story because it can't explain some issue they think they've found.

That means Joanna Donnelly and all the folk at Met Eireann are in on the conspiracy too. ⁰

Maybe they are on to something.

According to my car sat nav, it is flat!!

Nice video of Apollo 11 launch. 30 seconds of real time recorded at 500 frames per minute second through a quartz window.

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Amazing the lengths they went to in order to deceive everyone…

I mean designing and building the Saturn V launch system just to feed the narrative that it was all really real….. when in reality it was all just for a big lie…..

Because surely the skeptics have to acknowledge that the Saturn 5 rocket did exist, and was launched on multiple occasions (with hundreds of thousands of Joe Public witnessing it).

Another fake news story, with hundreds of more people involved. Since satellites don't exist, this is all made up.

And on the subject of launching craft, what do the conspiracy nuts think happened to the 7 astronauts who went up in Space Shuttle Challenger?

Have they been spirited away from their families, living off grid? Or were they whacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

• Advertisement

The claim that was made here was that the Challenger astronauts didn't die and weren't killed. They were given new identities, some of which were people with similar names or invented brothers or sisters of the astronauts. And these identities were prominent enough to have their photos available on the early internet. And for some reason Nasa didn't spring for plastic surgery.

The reason for any of this remained unexplained.

It all seemed to be based off one decades old meme where low res images of the astronauts were put next to low res images of the people they were supposedly pretending to be.

Advertisement