Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moon landing hoax

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Sunjava

It would be funny if it was faked...at this stage who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BailenaMbocht

i don't think I've avoided any point directly aimed at me for a response. If i have , my apologies'. To your point there plenty of points i have been asked to explain and i cannot. Obviously never claimed to have all the answers. Usually i have more questions than answers that I myself cannot answer.

i will only speak to the satellites and ISS performing maneuvers to avoid collision. The agreed speed of the ISS and satellites is 17,000 mph. Just for context. This 10 times the speed of a bullet. The quantity of satellites has varied greatly the last few decades but it is in the 10's of thousands not to mention space debris. All these whizzing around 10 times faster than a bullet.

I have no difficulty understanding how you say it's calculated. You cannot see satellites from earth.

Confirming the phone was routed through Houston changes nothing that its not possible today to converse into a headset 1/4million miles away without delay if at all and it was certainly not possible in the 1960's. Your context changes little. The pic of the green landline presented like this basically for humour. If you have difficulty understanding functionality beyond the picture presented I can help and add context where needed.

The video attempts to explain why the lander is manufactured from tin foil ,paper mache and shower curtain rods. If you see a space worthy craft then so be it. I do not see something that could transport men safejy to and from the moon. All the context your adds changes little . At 1 stage he admits to aluminum foil been used.

Obviously we disagree on most if not all of what is being discussed her and neither one has the ability to change the others opinion or probably the opinion of readers. I will probably not answer the replies queued up for me because this is a futile endeavor for all involved. Also the replies made to me are questioning my intelligence more than seeking discussion and leaning towards becoming more insulting.

good luck all

ok guy.

Your obviously an expert on the laser reflecting mirrors. I figured 1-4 million miles 1 way and the same back it would have to be oriented precisely. Even a tiny % of a degree off would bounce that laser anywhere but back to nasa. Also many civilian astronomers have searched in vain for these mirrors

But i guess i do not understand how the mirror returns the light exactly back where it came from no matter the orientation.

I stand corrected

• Advertisement

yes. I do not believe a probe flew by and snapped a pic of pluto the dog on pluto the planet

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You cannot see satellites from earth.

But you can.

go outside on any clear night and look up, and if you keep looking up for 5-10 minutes you’ll have seen at least 2-3 satellites go past.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

This is a big issue that flat earthers have to keep avoiding.

They've been shown this is a case and provided tons of resources to show this.

They can't explain it. They can't deny it. The certainly won't actually put it to the test themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Also... it is too small to see, but as of last Friday night, one of the satellites orbiting the Earth, is Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Yeah, you "figured" it would have to be oriented precisely, but you didn't bother to check how it might work. You just assumed it wouldn't, because that suits your beliefs.

• Advertisement

Apparently all the kids in UCD are in on it too.........

No, I think the argument is that these people studying physics and engineering just aren't as smart as the folks who've cracked the whole global conspiracy by watching youtube and not reading a single science book.

The guys at UCD were just wasting their time making a satellite that can't possibly work and were too dumb to realise it wouldn't work. Should have spent more time on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

"I don't think I've avoided any point directly aimed at me for a response"...........

followed less than an hour later by.......

"I will probably not answer the replies queued up for me because this is a futile endeavor for all involved"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

As explained, you can see certain satellites from earth. For example Starlink and the ISS. There are plenty of websites that will show you exactly what time the ISS is passing overhead where you live.

There's been a couple of posters who have claimed that "satellites are fake". None of them have attempted to simply look at the ISS in the night sky or even acknowledged that. That speaks for itself.

"Hey look at this thing"

-"No, it doesn't exist. Not looking at it"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Has the speed of light changed since the 60s or something? There was delay in communications back then over that distance. Look up pictures of the Lunar Modules hull. Curtain rods? Paper mache? What are you on about? Maybe have a read of Tom Kellys book about how it was designed and developed. Aluminum foil was indeed used for shielding as weight was always a concern. Maybe read How Apollo flew to the Moon by David Woods for good measure. Do the research.

With any technical "issues" anyone has about moon landings then it's worth using this thought as a starting point - The fully fuelled Saturn V had an approximate weight of 400 African Elephants, about the same as a Navy Destroyer. From ignition it took one minute for it to break the sound barrier and over multiple launches it never exploded. There is a reason the phrase rocket science is equated with peak human ingenuity and intelligence i.e. making a Navy destroyer go sonic boom in sixty seconds. Remember that it was people like this who were working through whatever conspiracy theorists find problematic i.e. if you can do one incredibly difficuly task (launching a Saturn V) then it follows that you can do other tasks of varying difficulty (e.g. relaying comms across 1/4 of a million miles).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Good grief, can't believe you took the time to type this out. You do make a good point on the quarter of a trillion of inflation adjusted tax dollars, though. Really makes the argument that it would be "more difficult or expensive to fake it" (i.e the most abused argument in this thread) more laughable.

The greatest use of NASA by the US government was it's use as an escrow to siphon limitless tax payer dollars out for use in their foreign escapades. Escapades that would never get the support of the American people. For instance, all those billions you think were spent to send a tin foil box to the moon and back with zero incident, were in actuality used to fund the war in Vietnam. Anti-war sentiment was so huge at the time that Nixon's administration would never pass any bill for further funding. Which compelled them to create this fantasy land that would not only allow them to use billions of tax payer money but also hypnotise the everyday American into a false sense of patriotism. Really ingenious when you think about it. "NASA" funds were used for the war in Afghanistan, the war in Iraq. it was even used to fund the abomination that was Obama Care (ever notice how nothing space related happened during Obama's administration? its because they literally had no funds left to even launch the odd rocket here and there). NASA funds are now being used to fund the war in Ukraine and Gaza, so it's only natural that they've already started to wind down the ISS progam.

What's more baffling is that people continue to this day to believe the fantasy version... 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

By the time the Iraq and Afghanistan wars came about, Nasa's yearly budget sat at 30 billion a year and under. In 2023 it's down to 25 billion.

The US military budget in 1990 was 325 billion and has steadily increased to 816 billion in 2023.

Why would they need to use the peanuts assigned to Nasa when they've already got hundreds of billions in their war chest?

As usual Markus, I would ask you stop for a moment and just apply a bit of logic to your posts before jumping to using your rolling around laughing emoticons.

You've completely ignored my point on the sentiments of the American people. They can afford to give the military 816 billion because there is little to no backlash by the everyday American, unlike the Vietnam or other wars. NASA is little more than a rainy day fund.

Why not go outside on a clear night and look at the ISS passing overhead. It puts all this to bed.

Here are the timings for the next few days if you are in Dublin.

Tue Dec 5, 5:14 PM5 min23°10° above W10° above SSE

Thu Dec 7, 5:14 PM3 min12°10° above WSW10° above SSW

Fri Dec 15, 7:32 AM3 min12°10° above SSE10° above ESE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Good grief indeed. That's probably the biggest pile of shite I'll read today. Thanks. You of course have impeccable proof of all of this? 😂

3 people died in the Apollo 1 fire, Apollo 13 nearly claimed three more. Zero incident?

The lunar module as a tin foil box. Thanks for the laugh.

• Advertisement

What's your source for that info? Oh yes, it's NASA! 😂

The moonlanding is real because NASA said it happened 👍️

Is this yet another occasion where you point me to one of those awful CGI'd videos of the ISS passing in front of the moon?

How are we able to watch live television broadcasts from the likes of Asia or Australia? With barely 1-2 seconds of delay?

The source is me and everyone. The ISS passes overhead and can be seen with the naked eye on a clear night sky. I've seen it multiple times myself.

Anyone can see it. You choose not to. Then you come on here and claim it doesn't exist.

You don't have to watch videos or need sources or any of that. You can see it with your own eyes.

This should be a part of the psychology forum.

No the moon landing is real because all the evidence says so and the conspiracy you are proposing is nonsensical and impossible to the point that you can't even defend it.

i have claimed that satellites do not exist as described and stand by that. There are definitely a number devices above us recording/filming etc. There is far more evidence they float on high altitude balloons than whiz around at whatever speed.

Nobody has ever denied seeing things in the night sky. The issue here is ,if seeing objects in the night sky is bullet proof evidence for you to confirm everything we've been told about satellites and ISS then, I'll say no more. You have your proof. However, they are not enough evidence for me. They prove nothing for me, especially when coming from organizations that consistently produce nonsense and cgi/green screen and present it as live recorded facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

How is it possible to predict the transit of hundreds of high altitude balloons weeks, months and years in advance?

Then, when some randomer with a big lens on his camera takes a picture of it crossing in front of the moon, how do they make it look like a space station and not a balloon?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,075 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

How do the planes spraying the mind controlling chemicals not run into these things if theyre floating around up there hanging off balloons?

Advertisement