Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2023 (Nationwide)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

Is anyone else getting this error when trying to access public jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ThePenultimateWarrior

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Quick one - does anyone know if there'll be a competition for 2024?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 foxinIreland

Does anyone know what OOM they are on in Dublin. My vetting was done yesterday. Thanks 🙏🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Adventurerguy

Just wondering has anyone got a role from this panel for Co. Meath? My OOM for Meath has been reached and I’m going through clearance now and I’m wondering what dept I might assigned to in Co. Meath? Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 acar321

I’m OOM 87 and starting my job in mid November

I got the msg yesterday Department of Rural and community Development. I still don’t know the day I will start. Thanks for everything guys ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddydoyle83

I'm meath panel too .. do you mind me asking what yout OOM was? And how long the clearance process was? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 frances5420

Does anyone known number the reached for clearance so far for Tipperary and Limerick. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Fi72

Does anyone know how far they are on with clearance for Longford please 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭BalboBiggins

For people who are starting soon, have they confirmed if you can wfh a set amount of days or is it fully on site until probation is passed?

My number is OOM 141

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Any updates for Mayo or Sligo? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 29 VolkIreland

I am 88 for Limerick (only one preference for the city) and the final day for sending anything in was yesterday.

Now I just have to wait even longer, I guess 🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mattiemattie

Why do you need to give current job 2mths notice.? It seems excessive

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ThePenultimateWarrior

Just got assigned to the Payments Section of my local Department of Social Protection. Anyone know anything about this section? Is it public facing? Or back stage processing applications/payments? Any idea about WFH, Flexi, etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

I believe Revenue are working in the office FT 5 days a week while training. No WFH yet and could be 6-12 months away at a guess if even as of the vibe at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tlcfitz

I heard Revenue are one of the best for WFH options (4 days at home, 1 day in office) but obviously initially you have to work full time in office when getting trained in. My neighbour recently started in Dept of Education in Athlone and has to work 6 months FT in office but once that's done she only has to do 2 days in office and 3 days WFH which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Yes, Revenue have the best WFH model I believe. 1 day per week in office with some departments. But to answer the question, I know people recently hired into Revenue and it's FT in the office and they've not been given a date to start WFH and could be up to 12 months away. Hopeful of a review in maybe 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 sswathi

Hello All,

I was interviewed by the Longford Westmeath Education Training Board a week before for their permanent clerical officer position. Today, I got the email that I failed, but I am placed in the temporary clerical officer panel, valid till March 2024. Currently, I am working part-time permanently. Is it worthwhile to accept this? Will being on that panel will be of any advantage to me? Can I reject the offer after agreeing to be placed in the temporary CO panel? Any help or advice, please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭furrybones

@sswathi You can turn down the offer when/if it comes around. ETB's typically extend contracts if your performance is satisfactory. Also, when it comes to applying for the PAS competitions it's very beneficial to have previous/current service.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dizzyrascal88

Hi Jack

What location is this for please. Could you give me tips on the interview?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sswathi

@furrybones thanks alot for the reply. Still hunting for a permanent CO position. Not sure if quitting current part time job is worthwhile for a TCO in ETB if they ever offer me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 littleflamingo

Hi all hope it’s OK to post here.

I applied for clerical officer panel for Galway county council in the summer, I had interview in October and placed 10 on panel. I got an email with an ‘offer’ last week pending references and medical.

I’ve sent over details for my references. Has anyone gone through process with the medical, how long does it take to get a slot? I have 6 weeks notice at my current role (which I stated on my application), at what point do I give my notice? Should I ask county council when is best for me to hand in my notice? I’m happy to do it now and have a few weeks off in interim but obviously will wait until medical and references go OK.

im very nervous and really want this opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Hi - I went through the same process with another local authority. The medical was straightforward. I have a weird issue with my abdomen which only arose in recent years. During the medical for the council, the Dr norlticed it, so I was glad I was able to say, 'Yes, I've looked into that and here's the explanation.' The council official who contacted me about the job was clear at every step of the way on whether I should hand in my notice at my current job. I'm sure that if you email your contact and remind them of your period of notice, they will be able to give you a steer. Best of luck in your new job!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddydoyle83

I'm on the meath panel too .. can I ask what your OOM was if you don't mind

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pb4

Hi, just wondering how long after garda clearance. I've had clearance nearly a month ago now. Should be fine, did it last year for hse. Started hse but don't really like it tbh & it's shift work so hoping for nicer hours & a less frantic job. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 VolkIreland

Assigned to Revenue in Limerick. Anyone any information on the role?

Any ideas how long it may be until my start date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Cmur77

Hey all, just wondering how long usually after garda vetting is completed is it expected to hear about the next step or be told about the role we are considered for? Its been 9 days for me since garda vetting was completed.

Advertisement