Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Walkabout mini golf is pretty good, made.me think a VR mode for whatever EA's latest golf game is would be pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Yeah the game situation isn’t great at the moment. I’d even settle for 360 videos from YouTube. I thought they were good with the PSVR1 but quality was bad. Then VR2 comes out the feature is removed completely. Even been able to play your own 360 videos would be a good move.

Pity they don’t make more of that feature it was great to be able to view other countries, museums, ancient sights stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭brady12

Ya I have it but sure i'd s**t played out it before came to psvr2😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭jj880

Sounding like a broken record at this stage but still waiting on a sniff of new Astrobot. Even a cinematic 10 second teaser with "Astro's back late next year" would be enough. Something! Anything!

Im hangin in there as Rescue Mission is still my all time top VR game but if a sequel doesnt appear before mid next year I'll probably upgrade from Quest 2 to 3 and forget about PSVR2. Nothing exclusive to PSVR2 tempting me so far.

• Advertisement

Damn. Still no media player at all?

A media player/sideload app called RAD was supposed to be available shortly after launch for a subscription. Wonder why its taking so long to get it sorted...

Edit: From RAD discord apparently:

Ok. Maybe Sony worried about adult content then.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Yeah I think it’s they are afraid of people using for adult content and so just stopped everything media wise 🤷

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sony filed 2 trademarks relating to Astrobot for the US and EU markets in late August. Something is happening. They just being very quiet about it. And "insider" called Shpeshall_Nick claims the first Rescue Mission is being ported. I've no doubt we'll get more. But I wants it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Decent sale on few things on PSN store.

Probably gonna get Switchback and Hubris.

Both 30% off.

Picked up the Moss 2 game bundle for €22, downloaded, played and finished the first one last night. Great little game, if a bit short at just over 4 hours. Started the second one tonight, supposed to be about twice the length so looking forward to the rest of it.

Moss is a great example of a VR game, rather than a game in VR. It's unique and lovingly crafted, and looks amazing on VR2. These are the kind of VR games (along with Rescue Mission) I prefer the most, unique experiences that just wouldn't be right on 2D.

But I can only get 45-70 minutes before I have to take it off for a bit, get a pain in my forehead that is immediately relieved when I take off the headset. Maybe its a bit front heavy or I still haven't figured out the best position.

Still don't know why we don't have Point Blank on VR. Game is perfect for it. Oh memories!

• Advertisement

The later levels of Moss 2 are some of the best visually Ive seen in any VR game.

Yeah twice the length is about right unless you're looking for the collectables.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Exactly my feeling on vr. I can appreciate the shooters and horrors but they just don't do it for me at all, I can't wait to get stuck into Moss 2 this week and hopefully we get a release date for Ven soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I've seen people on reddit recommending wearing a beanie for anyone who suffers pain with the headset. I'm going to give it a go myself because it definitely gets uncomfortable around the hour mark for me.

Will give the beanie a go. Anything to help really. Was looking at the comfort straps, if the beanie don't work I may pick one up.

Also tempted to get prescription lenses, anyone else got them for any VR headset?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

For Vive, PSVR2, Rift S, Quest 2 in the past.....soon to be for Quest 3

https://vroptician.com/ for all headsets I've used in the past, but there are more options nowadays, but I've never had any reason to complain about their products. Zenni are tied in with Meta for the Q3 launch for example, but were only offering direct shipping in limited territories. I'd be wary of some shipping from China if the price looks to good to be true etc. Frankly I now consider them an essential accessory for any glasses wearer in VR. Next to contacts, which aren't suitable for many, it's by far the most comfortable way to use a headset. Downside is, of course, that you need a pair for each different platform.

Nice one, will definitely splash out on them. Install is a clip on/off, very smart, was worried how big of a job it would be. Time for a quick checkup and bring the information needed to the optician so I can be right. And at only €70, considering how much I pay Specsavers for a new pair, very affordable. End of the month payday! Anyone know what the Insert Prism (+€70) is?

Played a couple of hours of Moss Book 2, just as good as the first. Won't get back to it for a few days, but looking forward to playing the rest. Again, a great VR game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

IIRC, the prism are adjustments that are required for double vision sufferers, so if you've never been diagnosed with such an eyesight issue, you're very unlikely to need it. Likewise, I wouldn't bother with their exclusive blue-light diffusers and what not.

I do note that most suppliers charge extra beyond a certain prescription, which I'm sure is the normal with normal Opticians anyway.......probably big bug-eyed ones, but it's a reasonable price to not have to faff about with specs. If sharing the headset, it's just a simple matter of unclipping the adapters, and then just popping them back on for yourself. Come with a normal glasses case for safe-keeping.

Sounds obvious, but be sure to double check your entries on the website. Should only have 6 fields to fill in, but if you're like myself, one eye is significantly worse than the other so not a good idea to mix up left and right.

• Advertisement

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1021000/iVRy_Driver_for_SteamVR_PSVR2_Premium_Edition/

What is the iVRy Driver for SteamVR (PSVR2 Premium Edition) DLC?

• It is the FULL version of the iVRy Driver for SteamVR with PSVR2 support.

What is iVRy (PSVR2 Edition)?

• iVRy is a Virtual Reality headset driver for SteamVR for your Sony PSVR2 headset.

What does that mean?

• Want to play PC VR* (Virtual Reality) titles without having to buy another VR headset?

• With iVRy and a Sony PSVR2 headset you can!

• Supports all PSVR2 display modes without additional tweaking.

• User configurable quality and performance options.

• Integrates with SteamVR, so no 'manager' / 'server' apps or additional configuration required.

• Includes SteamVR Dashboard overlay, to change driver settings in VR.

• Built-in support for NoloVR 6DOF tracking and motion controllers.

• Built-in support for Valve Lighthouse 6DOF tracking and motion controllers.

• Compatible with most HTC Vive and Oculus Rift** titles.

• Upgrade to "Premium" edition via Steam DLC to remove the limitations of the "Lite" edition.

There seems to have been a PSVR1 version of this for Steam games (with free demo). Maybe worth a wishlist if you have PSVR2 + a good spec PC.

Propagation : Paradise hotel looks great .

I complained on here about lack games . I gave walking dead another go on easiest difficulty and i'm hooked . Also gave into hype and got moss , first 20 mins great fun . Just a pity spider-man 2 and diablo 10 hour trial out or I stay playing them for weekend . I deleted red matter 2 and I only hour left finish game . Puzzles head wrecking and what's point if I keep having look up videos how solve them . It's a great game though visually and mechanically just not my cup tea .

Walking Dead has an easy difficulty. Didn't know that. Does it do away with any of the tedious gathering / crafting stuff? I got fed up with that but must give it another look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Got Tennis on Court i started off very bad at it but getting use to it now... Haven't tried online yet though..

Can be got on Kinguin for 20euro but buy off Click Clak or something if you are I bought 1 off someone and region was wrong... Just got refunded to credit for some reason..

Kinguin is worth checking for discounted codes for games, I think I paid 15 for VR Skater shortly after release...

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

Advice needed.

I've 3 teenagers who have asked for a ps vr2 for Christmas. Wondering what games would be good to put with it.

They play a lot of terraria, hollow knight, star wars, and the eldest is into FPS.

Or are there accessories that can go with it?

Apologies for the questions, my gaming knowledge ended with the ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Have they used VR before?

I'd start off with games that are easy for swapping/watching each other play.

Beat Saber/Pistol Whip/Synth Riders is a good start.

Synapse is also great and would suit swapping headset around every death.

Main accessories to get would be a wheel setup for GT7 but is fairly expensive.

RE Village,Red Matter 1+2 and Horizon Call of the Mountain are the main single player games at the moment with Arizona Sunshine and RE4 coming soon.

Depends how the teenagers would do with horror/gory games.

The three teenagers scenario got me thinking. Are there any couch co-op / local multiplayer games on PSVR2?

PSVR had a few good ones to get people involved.

All I can find at the moment is Runner. 1 player wearing the headset drives the motorbike another player shoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

They've used their cousins one I think.

Thanks for the suggestions. They're not into racing games.

It'll be one headset for the moment so want to get something they can take turns on.

• Advertisement

Advertisement