Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Aw man, Legendary Tales is looking good, but I don't know if I'm ready to splash €55 on a VR game. Paid Friday, and I reckon I'll give in... Think I've maybe a €20 PSN voucher on the PS Stars thingy... €35 is more palatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Posted this in general gaming news, but it's more relevant here I guess.

Also, we’re pleased to share that we are currently testing the ability for PS VR2 players to access additional games on PC to offer even more game variety in addition to the PS VR2 titles available through PS5. We hope to make this support available in 2024, so stay tuned for more updates

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Was hoping for something more.

Future PCVR support is a good sign though.

What does the PCVR support entail? PC vr games usable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭jj880

Id hope SteamVR support anyway. Its a good move. HL Alyx being available for PSVR2 would sell units Id say.

Half price The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners 2.

Also opens up the hardware to a lot more developers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

This basically means you don't need a PS5 any longer right?

I don't have a PS5 but I would be interested in trying the PSVR2 with my PC

I'd imagine so but you have a Quest 3 (wireless PCVR, pancake lenses) so would it be worth it for you to buy PSVR2 for PCVR?

Or are you looking to just try it out of curiosity to see how PSVR2 compares?

• Advertisement

I think eye tracking could be useful... not sure, I'm just considering it at the mo.

I just want Alyx and Boneworks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Been meaning to but not got round to trying Walkabout Mini Golf yet.... the forthcoming Wallace and Gromit DLC could give me the needed push

https://www.uploadvr.com/mini-golf-wallace-gromit/

You wont regret it. Been lashing the latest 36 holes here since Thursday: Ice Lair. Its great.

Is Bonelabs anything like Boneworks in terms of controls, or a completely wonky version?

Tried Bonelabs a few times (on Quest) and it just drove me mad with the finnicky controls.

I read Boneworks as Bonelabs from Potential-Monke's post. I have Bonelabs also it just didn't grab me (partly as you say because of the crash test dummy esque controls) but looking at Boneworks I'll definitely give that a shot on PCVR. Looks excellent 👍.

Yeah sooner PSVR2 gets PC support the better. That should include a media player also. Seems madness for a VR headset with such a good spec to have no player.

Pretty sure it's Boneworks. Mate has the Quest 2 and swears it's the most realistic VR game out there in terms of how everything works as it would in real life. It looks great, like a game made with VR as the main focus point, rather than a game running in VR. Same with Alyx, Astro Rescue Mission, Beat Saber, etc. I haven't pulled the plug on Legendary Tales yet, I'm 80 points away from the €20 voucher!

I also hope they make the PC support easy, because if it involves devs having to do something completely different just to get their games to work, it may be dead before it arrives.

Boneworks it is then. Looking forward to it. Next Steam sale is in 4 days for anyone interested.

Apparently Bonelabs is the newer, better version of Boneworks... so not sure now. I'm 99% sure he was on about Boneworks.

Tom's Guide knows.

• Advertisement

Some decent VR discounts in Spring sale. Thread here. Obviously in sterling but % discount available at a glance:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/psvr-2-playstation-vr-2-spring-sale-on-psn-4318926

Some highlights (in euro):

Ragnarock 50% off 12.49

No Mans Sky 50% off 24.99

The Light Brigade 30% off 17.49 (35% with ps plus 16.24)

Demeo 50% off 19.99 (55% with ps plus 17.99)

Seeing a lot of debate on twitter about what players would like to see on PSVR2. Apart from Rescue Mission another game keeps popping up Id never heard of: Dreams. PSVR Without Parole gave it 10/10.

It really does look amazing.

Edit: Its in my library. Remember claiming it via PS Plus now. Mustn't have realised it had a VR mode at the time.

Post edited by jj880 on

I remember trying Dreams when it came out and I was impressed with it. The few preinstalled games were good, and I could see the potential in the make your own game part. But then I asked myself why I'd waste time learning something that won't give me a future, so I didn't bother with it any more. I still didn't learn anything to make games in the meantime, but I have recently started learning UE5 so better late than never.

Wouldn't have even come to mind as a game I'd want on PSVR2, but it must have a community.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Hi all, just bought the psvr2 and looking forward to playing later, once the controllers charge.

Any recommendations that I should try first? I’ve Gran Turismo lined up as my first game.

If you get any motion sickness Walkabout Mini Golf is a good game to start with. Always playing from a fixed position. Its really good also.

When you finally cave and purchase the most recent All-Inclusive edition. Should keep me busy for a while....

Nice. Synth Riders is excellent. Every bit as good as beat saber and easier on the wrists if you're gona play for long sessions which it looks like you will be with that bundle 😄.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

hey all, only got the VR headset this week but disappointed with the image quality.
    ive looked on YouTube and followed some suggestions but nothing has worked.

Is it suppose to be razor sharpe or was I expecting to much? In GT7 the inside of the car is mostly excellent but everything else is slightly grainy.

Walkabout Golf is slightly better but still not great.

Any tips would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

That's just how it is. It was my first VR headset too and was expecting it to look like the videos on youtube, but 4K on a monitor and 4K glued straight to your eyeball looks very different. I think the tech is really impressive but needs a far higher resolution for it to be properly immersive, I doubt even 8k would do it. In 20 years when you have machines capable of outputting 16k+ (or whatever they're calling the latest resolution at that point) it'll probably be amazing. Also mine makes me incredibly ill so have barely used it since after the first few months of getting it, was going to sell but waiting for the PC support now so I can give flight simulator a go with it on PC.

Advertisement