Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Can't see AR working if the external cameras are just black and white

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh, I didn't mean right now. In the future, near enough future imo, it'll be all AR. We'll need to buy the PSAR1 once it releases! :)

So I see Bulletstorm is getting a VR release soon. Looks quite fun, and I did enjoy pkaying it originally. Some new content, but can free roam like usual, not a rail shooter... except for the rail shooter bits, which aren't many. Some of the setpieces will be unreal in VR, ie: the giant death wheel chase and controlling Robozilla!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭jj880

Down to 75 euro so could be a while before a bigger discount.

Ive done enough harping on in the Bargains thread about Turkey PSN so will only make 1 post here as it's such a big discount.

Synth Riders Complete Music Collection is 21.60 in Turkey. No VPN needed for game purchases.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

and PS5's have dropped too.

Glad I waited tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

What recommendations do folk have for racing wheel and chair combos for playing GT in VR on PSVR2 ?

Playseat challenge and a G29 logitech wheel and pedals would be a great starter kit

Wondering, is it possible to use the PSVR2 without a TV attached to the PS5?

I'd like to setup the PSVR2 in my living room, but not attached to the TV.

Perhaps you need a TV for initial setup, but after that can I unplug it and put the PS5 in a corner somewhere?

I had read PSVR2 uses tv for tracking before but wasnt sure if its required. Seems it does improve tracking but not a requirement. Perhaps someone who owns a psvr2 can say how much of an improvement tv tracking gives.

• Advertisement

You can get both in Smyths, Playseat Challenge is €250, G29 is €330 without the shifter (€60 for the shifter), and quite a bit more expensive than when I got it there for about €250 I think. There's a crowd on Amazon UK selling the Playseat for around €210 with free delivery, but I don't like using Amazon. You can get it for €235 from MicksGarage. Similarly, the G29 can be got from about €230+ on Amazon. Make sure it's the G29, not the G920 which is the same wheel but for Xbox.

Great info - appreciate it. Can I ask how you find it ?

I'm willing to invest but worried about it gathering dust in a couple weeks !!

I actually haven't pulled the trigger on the playseat yet. Other... adult bills getting in the way. The G29 is pretty much the best beginner wheel you can get, and it certainly adds to it. But it's really all down to how many racing games you like to play. It even works with the likes of Snowrunner. The DualSense is by far the best controller for PS5 including GT7, but the wheel just makes it that much better, albeit slower until you get used to it.

Having the PSVR2 with GT7 and the wheel is just an amazing experience. I will get the Playseat eventually. But mine does see the box for long periods. Possibly because I don't have the Playseat. It is a lot of money for, in my case, rare use. But I could be sending it on worse!

I'm also great at making excuses, and partly blaming my lack of playing on the fact that I could invest in a direct drive wheel for even more immersion. And now I see YawVR is making somewhat "affordable" (in comparison to others) full motion simulators. I want...

I've had both for about 2 years now. It greatly reduces the gamification of driving as the wheels and pedals are what you'd use in real life, rather than a controller. It won't immediately make you fast becasue you've to retrain your muscles to affect the game, but it does greatly enhance the immersion. Might add that the two work very well together as the seat folds down without having to detact the wheel and pedals.

Now when you add a PSVR2 to the mix and the difference is outstanding. Your virtual hands are when your real life hands are, same applies to the feet/pedals etc. One effect I found was amazing is that when you're racing open cockpit cars and the sun is on your thighs in the game, I found my real life thighs getting warm, it's truely outstanding. I made a point of buying a mk1 golf GTI, the car I learnt to drive in, and the nostagia was immense. Also to note that Grand Turismo is the only AAA game with proper PSVR2 intergration (well 95% anyway), although I wish they'd port Cyberpunk 2077.

Looks interesting. Could be really fun and addictive.

Id say you need a strong stomach for it. Potential motion sickness.

Reminds me I really have to try the vr game on PC that uses the WiiU balance board to simulate snowboarding

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Gorn and Townsmen VR Premium Game Trials up on the store now.

Great to see PSVR2 finally getting some love.

Post edited by MikeRyan87 on

Demos are only available for PS Plus premium members

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Ragnarock down to e15 in latest sale, tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

A few other discounts I noticed...

Walkabout Mini Golf e25

Saints and Sinners 2 e28

Red Matter 2 e24

Pavlov e20

What the bat e20

• Advertisement

Gonna get

Creed, Walkabout Whole in One, Red Matter 2 and Ragnarock.

Great to finally see some decent PSVR2 sales. I don't think many VR games will get added to Extra/Premium in the future so it's safe enough buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭brady12

Was half thinking of selling mine at Xmas if nothing else comes out. Then I seen some hype for red matter 2 and synapse. What are they like are they good?

The new update on No Man's Sky is night and day from the previous iteration, really good

Have they changed the controls so I don't need to hold my arm forward in the next room to speed up?

Context?

When I first got the VR2, when playing NMS in the ship, I felt like I had to learn far forward to push the throttle forward, so much that I end up having to physically move forward to catch it to bring it back again. Made ship fighting a nightmare. Will give it another go there the weekend, kinda getting back into it lately.

But I do see Ven VR Adventure is going to try and cash in to that missing Astro game. Looks pretty freaking good. Seems to get middling to good reviews on pc. Will be keeping an eye.

Gave NMS a quick go over the weekend since the update. It's definitely better, but my god I'm terrible at flying... Forgot how to land and took me about 15 minutes and nearly destroying my ship to figure it out. Enabled the twist to roll option, so I'm constantly rolling instead of turning. Haven't even tried a fight yet, ran from the last one, not a hope I'll survive.

On foot controls are grand, but now I don't know how to melee boost anymore. Will take a lot more time in VR to get used to it, but it otherwise plays and looks perfectly. I've gone back to 2D to do the current Expedition though.

Also gave GT7 a go with the Dualsense instead of the wheel. Still a crazy good experience.

Red matter 2 is class I was more then have way through and starfield came out so duno when I will finish it buts cool

Was very tempted to get Paper Beast for the 5e upgrade last night.

Then remembered I haven't played Synapse at all since the day it came out. Jumped back into that and played for an hour...what a great game.

Seems to be a trick where you can buy Deluxe edition of A Fisherman's Tale for 2e then upgrade it for 4e for the PSVR2 version.

Post edited by MikeRyan87 on

• Advertisement

When the hell are they going give us games to justify buying it ? Red matter 2 very good games but I don't like puzzle heavy games and I'm having force myself try and finish it . Horizon was bang average . I got NFL pro era and was great fun but for a hour . I had resi evil village and it was class on vr2 but iv played and finished it on release on ps5 . If I go back and re play it I could play it on psvr2 but I never replay games really . The only game i'm pumped for is bulletstrom VR & that game is like 12 years old 😅. I started walking dead being a fan of games and tv series but I wasn't fan of lose souls lose everything if die once chance get it back loop .Must give it another go on easiest difficulty. I hear synapse is class but I don't like rogue lites so prob won't like that ! Any one any suggestions what play ? Only game id love to buy and play is star wars tales from galaxy edge from playing the demo . I'm giving it until xmas but I might sell it at xmas if there's nothing in pipeline from sony . Id way more use out oculus quest 2 and that felt cheap in comparison and graphics were crap but at least could dip into some steam vr games . What are yer thoughts on it ? Premium console but where are they f*****g games Sony!

Advertisement