Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,061 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It was become a new thing to do; didn't seem to be a thing wot happened til recently; has me wondering if perhaps US tax law or something changed that studios take preemptive cancellations on things fully produced already. Or if it's just a case of nuking potential royalties before they occur (hello striking writers and actors).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Its not a tax issue, they are generally going to claim the costs of their business against tax when its incurred like any business though someone like D+ has never made a profit so they wouldnt be paying corporation tax in the first place, its more to do with the content being worth less in their books so they have to declare it as a financial loss. If a new series costs $30m and they calculate that they will write the cost off over 3 years to match with subscriptions , but then re-look and say its not worth anything, they hit their P&L with the $30m in year one. They then get to stop paying residuals so thats the cash saving

The Batgirl example, reputation risk is also an issue if it was that bad

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭fman

It's all getting very Producers-esque where it could make more business sense to have a flop.

or the strike is good for these companies because they get to slow down their release of flops ;-)

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

For the first time that I’ve seen, they’re offering a discount. 3 months at €1.99 per month for “new and returning” customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I upgraded my Samsung phone this week which I bought last year (trade in) and get ANOTHER 12 months free Disney 🤣

When it finally comes time for me to start paying again it'll prob be €20 a month with inflation

• Registered Users Posts: 60,476 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They had to try something they lost 12 million subscribers over the summer and now with kids going back to school all over the world they will probably lose a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Over the last few nights I watched nat geo mini series "A Simple Light" with Liev Schreiber as Otto Frank and Bel Powley as Miep Gies. It shows how Miep who was Otto Frank's secretary helped the people hiding in the Anne Frank annex.

I'd highly recommend it. It was gripping and showed the sacrifices and risks people took to help during the nazi occupation of the Netherlands. It was hard to watch at times because we all know the ending but you still end up hoping for a happier outcome even though you know it won't come. It was 8 epsiodes but felt well paced and manged to balance all the elements perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Whats the best way to get this as an existing customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Try to unsubscribe. They might offer it to you to convince you to stay on or you'll just have to hope they're still running the offer the day after your subscription ends.

• Advertisement

Disney will be buying out the remaining share of Hulu from Comcast, and it seems they will merge their apps after the buy out. I guess some kind of consolidation in the streaming market will be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New episode of Dug Days out today. More Up is a good thing. Called Carl's Date. Enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Do they still have unused recordings of Ed Anser for this or have they recast Carl?

Wikipedia says he recorded for it in the Spring of 2021. So looks like it was probably the last work he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,737 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coleen Rooney: The Real Wagatha Story will be available to stream on Wednesday 18th October

So is it going to end up like The Nevers with only a handful of people able to watch it due to random airing times?

I see they messed up adding Goosebumps. For some reason they only added episodes 3 and 4 instead of the first 5. Looking online it seems to be US and Australia as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

They fixed it by last night. At one point they had 1,3 and 4.

I noticed they removed it from the banner at the top while fixing it.

Dunno when I'll start it though. Had just been checking to see how long the episodes were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,737 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What We Do In The Shadows, Season 5 on Disney+ 25th October 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The first episode of the Influencers series is missing as well. I thought that might be for some legal reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,330 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am up to episode 6 of goosebumps it's not bad at all, gets better as it goes along an easy watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Yeah we're up to episode 6, waiting for the next one, However I think they kinda got the release dates wrong for the whole series IMO, as I think the last episode (Ep 10) should be dropping tomorrow (just before Halloween).

• Registered Users Posts: 60,476 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AMC+ Have picked up Natilus after Disney dumped it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,061 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hello pirates, this is Nero Fandango, can you hear me?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Disney to buy Hulu for $8.6bn.

Will we see any benefits / changes in Ireland from this deal, apart from a higher price I guess!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,330 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Enjoyed the solar opposites Halloween episode

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I hope they keep their word 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I recently went in and switched my UK subscription ahead of next year's renewal given the auto-enrollment onto the Premium Tier. Very cheeky of them.

Advertisement