Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I haven't seen anyone really talking about it but The Muppets Mayhem is great!

10 episodes about a low level record label employee trying to get Dr.Teeth and the electric mayhem to make an album that they owe the label. I don't massively care for the human storylines but the muppets are on form and while it is super cameo heavy most of them are great additions.

I've only two episodes to go because it was so easy to binge over the bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I resubscribed to see the new Full Monty series.

Watched the lot this evening. It is quite poor. Not a patch on the movie. I adore the movie. It was so gritty and real and I felt I knew all the characters.

The series unsurprisingly goes a bit hammy and it takes away from said characters.

There was such subtlety to the social commentary in the original where in the recent series it is soo ham fisted. One episode stood out as something completely different to the whole show and a bit OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The first season is up there now.

Actually thats seems to be only on the US Disney+

• Registered Users Posts: 85,597 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Justified City Primeval will be available to stream at once from Wednesday 6th September 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I stopped watching it after the second episode. The other half stopped watching it after about 5 episodes.

• Advertisement

Source EW

Donald Glover and brother Stephen are writing the Lando show for Disney+

Glover is returning to the Star Wars galaxy, reprising his Solo role as a young Lando Calrissian

A €2 price increase incoming from the 1st of November brringing it up to €10.99 a month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm might have to consider things then; am gonna watch the Justified sequel when it arrives in September, and hopefully by then we'll have got through all of Bob's Burgers, but the expansive ex-Fox backlog can't paper over the reality Disney+ is three underwhelming things:

1. Star Wars
    2. MCU
    3. "legacy sequels"

And bar Andor and Loki, every single swing of the three categories has been half-ássed brain porridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Pony up, Disney had a poor quarter , losing subscribers etc , Wall Street loved to though as they are raising prices on their streaming platforms

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

Supposedly 3 tiers going forward. Have only seen UK pricing, not euro. Reportedly a cheaper ad supported level, a level (standard) at or about the current price and a premier tier.

In the UK the premier tier is supposed to be about £3 more expensive per month. The reports go that premium will include 4k and Atmos as they strip them out of standard.

As I said, haven't seen euro pricing or even an official confirmation on what is happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

apparently this is a perennial story, so either nothing in it, or it will do the rounds again in a few years, but given that Disney have deep problems, a streaming service that has never made money and racked up billions in losses over the years, you kind of think they will have to restructure in some way, also as consolidation of streaming platforms seems inevitable, Apple TV, Disney+ and Hulu could merge

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I haven't read the article itself, but... "Is Bob Iger contemplating the once-unthinkable option of selling Disney to Apple?"

I can't help but think of Betteridge's Law o Headlines: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no." 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

They have us all by the balls!

There's no going back to linear TV after you get used to On Demand.

Sure, you can chop and change sometimes, right now I don't have Disney, but I'm going to buy a month when Futurama full season is up!

Really it's now €8.99 for me to watch that season, unless I "find it" elsewhere, cos I don't really have anything else in mind to watch on D+.

Got an email from Sky about some Lionsgate+ this week! More ill-fated services, from companies that don't have the catalogue to stream!

Sell your rights to one of the bigger players and stop ruining the market! *ends rant* :)

Got to pay for those $250 million special effects in Secert Invasion season 2 some how ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So increasing the price due to losing subscribers, which will cause them to lose more subscribers meaning more increases and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,656 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Randomly started watching the Korean series "Moving" and I'm hooked.

I normally avoid all those subtitled series on Disney+ but I watched the first episode this morning.. then the 2nd, then the 3rd.. am now on 5th.. I'm actually addicted. Great storyline and action and likeable characters.

It's a bit like the series "Heroes" from the early 2000s

I see Ahsoka will be released a bit early. They decided to go with a US primetime slot instead of the usual 3AM EST launch.

So instead of this Wednesday, it will release Tuesday at 9 PM EST US time. And even though that would be 2 AM Wednesday morning, from what I see online articles say it will release at 1 AM on Wednesday morning.

And this will be the same each week.

They'll probably see how it does before deciding whether to do this with other big series like Loki.

Thomas Brodie-Sangster stars in The Artful Dodger, which will premiere Wednesday, Nov. 29th

The eight-episode series is “a tale of reinvention, betrayal, redemption, and love with a twist,”

https://tvline.com/news/the-artful-dodger-photos-release-date-disney-plus-thomas-brodie-sangster-1235032700/

The Continue Watching section is annoying how it doesn't always remove things you've watched. Ahsoka is sitting there saying 8 mins remaining and Only Murders in the Building showing as unwatched. I tried going through them multiple times to get them to clear.

• Advertisement

Yeah that happens me all the time and it drives me nuts. Even if I leave an episode run to the end, Continue Watching keeps resetting it back to 2 minutes left of the episode just finished. Argh.

In other news: Disney drops its remake of the Spiderwick Chronicles into the Memory Hole. It was already shot and ready to roll, but yet another case of a studio erasing something from existence. Confusingly though this was made by Paramount Television Studio, who are now "shopping" around - so why not Paramount+?

Yikes, yet another show canned, even though it was shot. This time "Nautilis", a Captain Nemo show. Not exactly something to stir the blood but crazy how these are stacking up.

You'd think with the shows already finished shooting that they would go ahead, especially with the gaps they'll need to fill due to the strikes.

But as long as we still get Kardashians. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone else find watching really popular stuff shortly after release is nearly impossible due to the stream stuttering and resolution dropping way down. Gave up trying to watch Ahsoka ep 3 and had to watch it through "other means"

I have a 5 year old LG C9 connected via lan cable to GB fiber. Netflix and other streaming services work perfect.

EDIT: From checking around online it seems to be a known issue with the Disney+ app on the LG C9

Post edited by youcancallmeal on

Worked okay for me this morning. Though I'm watching through Edge on my PC.

Just still had the continue watching issue. I let episode 2 run to the end again so it would go on to episode 3, which it did but then when I stopped it about 10 mins in and when I went back later it was back to episode 2 with no time apparently gone on ep 3.

Same with the latest Only Murders.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Important to note that the Kardashian show is only on Disney in Europe. It’s not on Disney US (similar to Only Murders, Abbott Elementary etc) and Disney US is the one that all the focus goes on

They air on Disney owned platforms, Hulu and ABC, which is why they air on Disney+ here since we don't have those.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,284 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am guessing more tax write offs zzz. A bit like the batgirl film which was in pre production and it was scrapped. Sad to see between this and things just being wiped off streaming platforms not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,656 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

seemed to play fine at 9pm on my 4K Firestick

Was actually a really good episode.. wasn't blown away by the first 2

Ahsoka jumping out into space to fight the ships was badass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Sure. Just pointing out it wasn’t commissioned and made for Disney + like the shelved shows it was being compared to

Advertisement