Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food in Clondalkin

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I was upstairs in gunpowder, the usual bog standard menu but was nice. Plenty in there at 5 on a Friday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Parking is ridiculous cheep tho, it's like 4 quid for 24 hours. That's nothing all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So we are still in need of a decent place to eat in Clondalkin village... the Himalaya and the place over the Roma chipper were great back in the day but both long gone and not coming back. Went to eat in at the Victoria and was underwhelmed, Pattaya even more so.

I didn't hear there was a fire in the Steering Wheel, what happened? Was that when the upstairs renovations were going on?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Still some good venues around clondalkin, the likes of Joels, Pandinis, Honghop and Woodfire n Wings but the village it's self could do with a bit of investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Bring back Claires pizzeria! In fairness the village is overrun with takeaways that aren't the best and a good restaurant would be welcome, I'd heard upstairs in the laurels where the treetop used to be was opening as a new restaurant a good while back but nothing since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭con747

Your making me drool when you mention Claire's, the Mexican Taco 🤤 I still dream about them. I rarely get back up there these day's but still stock pile the Macari on Castle crescent onion rings uncooked when I do and freeze them for later use!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,904 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Already getting a bit of a name for itself. My daughter picked up a giant kebab pizza last week (I drove her over and paid for it 😅) and she said it was savage

• Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Mao is now a kebab shop with a huge, unbelievably ugly sign.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭halfpastneverr

That sign is horrendous looking alright. Gaudy as feck.

Village is looking a bit grim these days in general. Only food place I'd frequent there anymore would be the East Village on Monastery there for breakfast at the weekend.

I noticed the east village at the round tower has changed its name to the Monks Kitchen. Wonder what the story is there? Not making enough money or is the lease up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

They posted this on Facebook:

*UPDATE*

East Village Coffee is no longer involved with the management or operations at The Round Tower visitors centre. We really enjoyed our time there and leave with many happy memories but feel it is time to move on. As Clondalkin natives we were honoured to be entrusted by @sdublincoco with the running of such an important site which highlights Clondalkin’s amazing history. We wish Mark and the fantastic team @monkskitchenclondalkin all the best with their future endeavours.

We will continue as normal at the OG on Monastery Road and have some exciting plans for the future

So, new owners? Wonder if the menu will be different?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

It's on their website https://monkskitchen22.com/ - I've never eaten in East Village so I don't know if it's different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

AFAIK it was a sort of collaboration when they were in the tower with whoever is running the monks kitchen (wasnt the monks kitchen originally on tower road where the dentist is now at some stage in the 90s?) tbh I think the food was better on monastery Road than the tower, its a nice spot but something about it bugs me, I dunno if it's that it feels like a school cafeteria or something!, but still nice to have another choice for a decent breakfast or lunch in the village

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭raxy

In clondalkin or lucan? Clondalkin doesn't seem to be open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Passed yesterday and the Gunpwder branding gone.

Treetop Restaurant and Steering Wheel bar

The Monks Kitchen was a cafe in Clondakkin years ago. Wonder if it’s the same people?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,904 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yeah was Clondalkin. Is there one in Lucan too? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭con747

Not sure if there is one in Lucan, the last new place I heard of opening in Lucan was Baxto Kebab.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭raxy

The xlkebab website gives their location as Primrose la lucan. No mention of clondalkin. It does list the clondalkin address but not under their location.

Anytime I've passed they've been closed. Been a few weeks though, should have got off the bus sooner tonight to give them a try.

Advertisement