Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Food in Clondalkin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭con747

5500 wrote: »
    An indian buffet restaurant/takeaway after opening up on the monastery Road called chilli tandoori, just saw some pics on Facebook, it looks tiny / I didn't think buffets were allowed operats as such with covid19?

Just had a look at their FB page, I reckon they just do the take out and social distancing inside at the minute. Most businesses planning to open would have had to make a call on their advertising before opening because of the situation and their menu's saying Buffet were done in the hope of being able to now or in the future.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I tried the green corner during the week, little ones wanted pancakes and I called in just after 11, told breakfast finishes at 11 so no can do, (in fairness the girl asked the chef and he said no, there was only 2 people inside mulling over coffee so not busy) so that was that out the door I went, called pandinis and collected pancakes 15 mins later!

:pac:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

An indian buffet restaurant/takeaway after opening up on the monastery Road called chilli tandoori, just saw some pics on Facebook, it looks tiny / I didn't think buffets were allowed operats as such with covid19?

On some of the fb photos people are sitting back to back tables withh zero digital distance. Bit strange.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

anewme wrote: »
    On some of the fb photos people are sitting back to back tables worh zero digital distance. But strange.

****in hell just saw that. The lack of social distancing is insane. Squeezed as many tables in as possible on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭con747

****in hell just saw that. The lack of social distancing is insane. Squeezed as many tables in as possible on the floor.

I can't understand how people would be so stupid to do what is being done there by customers and what you could loosely call management, I initially thought they were promo pictures but looks like a serious lack of judgement on both parts.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

con747 wrote: »
    I can't understand how people would be so stupid to do what is being done there by customers and what you could loosely call management, I initially thought they were promo pictures but looks like a serious lack of judgement on both parts.

Judging by the photos its also a buffet?! Double whammy tbh

Anything that has been in that premises has never lasted. Wouldn't go near the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Tried woodfire and wings and thought it was only alright and pricey for what we got

Yeah, I actually tried that before and agree. It was alright and cost €50 for 4 of us, (2 adults 2 kids).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Just seen on social media that the East Village won the tender to take over the round tower centre, no mention of when they are due to move yet, challenging times still for a take over but would like to see them do well in it

Saw two Garda go into East Village the other day to obviously tell them to manage their queue outside. No social distancing going on at all. People on top of each other nearly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Saw two Garda go into East Village the other day to obviously tell them to manage their queue outside. No social distancing going on at all. People on top of each other nearly.

The Garda are always in there. I assume it’s to get coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Its been appalling since the beginning of Covid, they've had people post it on their page once or twice on social media and brushed it off. Shouldn't have even been open early days!

The Garda are always in there. I assume it’s to get coffee.

That's what i thought at first too but was sitting in traffic outside it and they were in and out quite quickly.

Anything that has been in that premises has never lasted. Wouldn't go near the place.

The Sabaidee Thai takeaway there was good, we were sorry to see it go. few gluten free options for Mrs D around now.

Hard to imagine how you could comfortably fit a sit-down restaurant in there in normal times, crazy stuff now, are there not any inspections when new restaurants open?

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Incredibily narrow paths around the main sections of the village. Stop to tie your shoe laces and Social Distancing would require others to walk on the road. Doesn't help when people park on the inside of the double yellow lines on main street too. With the car park right beside them completely free to use now.

Regarding places to eat. I grew up here and haven't really seen anywhere that has been anything more than quick excited interest when a place is new and then they go plain after a while.

Claire's Pizza is a big loss.

Macari's are trading on legacy when the only competition they had in the village was the Roma, who've greatly improved over the last few years. Donatella's isn't really that good. It's mainly there to catch people who fall out of Boomers.

I'm surprised Star Pizza next to Boss Hogs is still about, their food is horrible.

I've eaten in Quinlans recently and it's alright. But that's more so down to... well how hard is it to do pub food?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Claire's Pizza is a big loss.

I absolutely loved the place, so sad to see it closed down. Mexican Tacos were amazing but the restaurant was brilliant. Really busy place.

Quinlans food is done by the treetop now, they've moved from the laurels, its decent but as you say, standard pub grub

Donatella's isn't really that good. It's mainly there to catch people who fall out of Boomers.

No chipper in the country is that great, but from all the ones I tried in clondalkin, donatellas is the best.

9th lough chipper is the best. Lovely family.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Jontronix

duffman13 wrote: »
    Its been appalling since the beginning of Covid, they've had people post it on their page once or twice on social media and brushed it off. Shouldn't have even been open early days!
    I own East Village and we've always abided by the Covid policies throughout this pandemic. We opened for takeaway and deliveries in the early days, which was within the government guidelines.

New Chipper opening on 9th lough road near the polish food shop. Giulios, it's getting fitted out at the moment.

• Advertisement

Jontronix wrote: »
    I own East Village and we've always abided by the Covid policies throughout this pandemic. We opened for takeaway and deliveries in the early days, which was within the government guidelines.

Best of luck with the new venture, we visited a few times in the past, but felt service very rushed (it was Saturday) look forward to visiting the new location where theres much more space.

Jontronix wrote: »

It's great to see good business in the village but the amount of people out on the path sometimes is a bit ridiculous. My elderly mother always has to cross the road as the path is blocked with people. I know that's not your fault but a word with people when this is happening would be appreciated. Best of luck down at the Tower.

The paths in that part of the village are ridiculously narrow, that's down to the council.

Life ain't always empty.

The paths in that part of the village are ridiculously narrow, that's down to the council.

Say nothing to the council or they'll make it one lane with a stop go system each end in order to widen the footpaths

Like the complete arse they've made of the SIAC roundabout?

What they really need to do is CPO a few properties in the triangle area and knock and rebuild to bring the building line back. Won't happen.

Life ain't always empty.

Anyway, back on topic. I've tried the new Poppadom's a few times and enjoyed it. Pity they don't do a few meal deals but i suppose that could be brought in later. Anyone else tried them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Anyone know anything about that Bun Bros thats going in along side four star pizza

The Dundalk one doesn't have great reviews

messrs wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about that Bun Bros thats going in along side four star pizza

Not seen that. Will investigate in the morning when i pass by.

• Advertisement

Not seen that. Will investigate in the morning when i pass by.

What did the detective find?

Advertisement