Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibsborough, Dublin 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭niconline76

not sure this forum is still active but i'll give it a go anyway...

Today I walked through the new Phibsboro Friday food market near the basin and was surprised to see most stalls disappeared with only 3/4 sellers left trading... such a pity as it did start well and the footfall seemed ok

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah I was there today again, it's sad there were so few, I wonder why? I love the vegan cake place but wasn't there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gunner5

Yeah same walked through today. Have only been there at lunch times so couldn't say whether they were getting enough business by being there . Being festival season may its more lucrative to go where the crowd is?

Monck’s Green closing down today. Real pity although I much preferred the “pre-gentrified” old Woodstock version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Used to get a meal there before a match nearly always had the beef which was lovely .A lot of elderly folk would eat there when it was the Woodstock. When it changed over I never made it in as it seemed to close early and I presume it changed quite a bit .There seemed to be a demand for a basic enough menu well cooked pity its gone .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pmcc1

Hi - Phizzfest weekend May 12-14

Cryptic treasure hunt on Sunday starting 12:30 near the library. See Phibsboro up-close, while solving puzzles in rhyme. (Prizes are all fancy dinners & wine : )

Nice Bach organ recital also on the Friday, 7pm in All Saints church.

Duck Race on the canal, and LOADS of fun stuff.

see phizzfest.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Most certainly not a dodgy area. Good breakfast places and pubs. Trip to the botanic Gardens is always a winner.

Does any1 know what’s going on the canal beside the Bernard show, why is it closed with no access on both sides?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They are widening it and putting in a cycle lane. Won't be open again until early next year.

there seem to be some work going in the former Taylor and Blue coffee shop, hopefully the place gets a new life and it doesn’t become another of the (too many) vacant spaces around here…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Not sure how reliable this is , but i heard that an Ethiopian supper club is going in there .

Could be interesting

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They used to do that before but have a restaurant now? Gursha it was.

has anyone tried the Indian cuisine in the Bohemian pub yet? Any good? I thought they just did pub food. Great to see the place so full of various initiatives anyway…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Haven’t been there but looks like they are following in the footsteps of Taza in Artane. That was a pub that added a restaurant that became a restaurant with a bit of a pub. Good luck to them! 😋

hopefully it remains predominantly a pub but it’s a big and nice venue so they could pull it off with different things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Looks like two new cafes are going to open on the NCR: 3FE and The Hudson Rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭VonLuck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Hudson rooms has gone in the corner of Berkely road where Legit Coffee was . That will be about the 4th business in the last few years trying to make that space work . The lack of parking seems to doom everyone in there

Yep. 3fe is beside Doyle's Corner in the space that was a Mexican restaurant for 5 minutes and a solicitor's office previous to that. It looks like it's open now too.

The Hudson Rooms is where Taylor and Blue/Legit Coffee used to be. i agree with the above: it's a tricky enough spot to make work. I'd never wander down that far, really.

Yeah it's just not very visible to me, with the other two cafes before it, next to spar.

Does this 3fe do food?

• Advertisement

surely no shortage of coffee places now!

Tesco off-licence moving a couple of doors up but there’s also ongoing work in other units at shopping center as well as former Woodstock/MG. I heard another pizza place may come too but not sure where exactly

I heard that a Bunsen was opening in Woodstock. There's certainly something going in there as they've been working on it for a while but not sure I believe my Bunsen sources!

Not sure if 3fe does food. It does have seating but this is all based on driving by; I haven't had a chance to drop in yet.

yes they do food as well , some competition for 2BB as I guess it’ll attract similar crowds

seems like the Bunsen rumour has been around a lot, unless it’s coming from the same source! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭hynesie08

To the old miss mary's or the kung fu buffet? any chance they've fridges now?

not 100% sure but i think tesco off license is moving into former EuroPalace… we’ll see if they improve their stock as beer wise at the moment even Spar is better than them !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bunsen opening in Phibsboro would be an unofficial statement that it is indeed the Rathmines of the Northside. 😁

I hope that rumour is true! 🍔 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

2 Boys Brew is stupidly expensive. Queued out the door though. 3fe is cheaper for food.

Yeah it is quite expensive but also amazing. Must try 3fe.

• Advertisement

noticed in the weekend that basically all empty units in the shopping center are getting works done with a bit of overall maintenance too, I wonder if the developer is behind this or what’s the story

Advertisement