Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibsborough, Dublin 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

raheny red wrote: »
    Does the Brian Boru have TVs set up for the Euros?

Was there the other eve, no TVs
    Don't:rolleyes: think pub are allowed to have TVs due to fear of crowds gathering..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Hey, what's Kung fu like for food? Instagram page looks like they've good sushi & Ramen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Zipppy wrote: »
    Was there the other eve, no TVs
    Don't:rolleyes: think pub are allowed to have TVs due to fear of crowds gathering..

I noticed a tiny TV outside Hanlon's last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pmcc1

The kids in St Peter's N.S. are transcribing all the olden days Admissions Records into their online, census-style, searchable database.

www.historyproject.ie

Its got all the girls school admissions 1887- ~1917 at the mo.
    Names, Ages, Addresses, Weird 19th Century occupations...

The other Admissions books to follow. Some go back much earlier.
    Fair play!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

TVs are Heavily Discouraged and having the sound on is Heavily Frowned On, but not banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 d11gunner

L1011 wrote: »
    TVs are Heavily Discouraged and having the sound on is Heavily Frowned On, but not banned.
    The Back Page is taking bookings and has TVs showing the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

Does anyone know if there is a dump near Philsborough? not a recycling center

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Many pubs around reopen for outdoors? Brian Boru and GBS have some seating available but not sure of many other places?

Even Downeys on the Cabra road had tables outside yesterday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭eastwest

cena wrote: »

Ballymun isn't the answer you're looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭niconline76

...I suspect there'll be a strong local opposition on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭niconline76

any idea on wtf is going on with Phibs' Tesco's aisles re-planning??! they've been moving stuff around for well over a month now, must be the longest re-org ever... :(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

We used the North Strand Recycling Centre not far from Connolly. Think we paid €12 for car to dump what we had, such as loads of garden waste, old bricks etc.

They have bottle banks and the usual things there that don't cost to go in and use as you would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Whatever about apartments hasn't there already been a number of student accommodation sites rejected because there are already too many in the area?

any idea on wtf is going on with Phibs' Tesco's aisles re-planning??! they've been moving stuff around for well over a month now, must be the longest re-org ever... :(:confused:

Its really pissing me off, knew where everything was and could do my shopping quickly. Took me 15 minutes to find the mince beef at the weekend. Hidden in the new freezer section behind a pillar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

whatnow! wrote: »
    Its really pissing me off, knew where everything was and could do my shopping quickly. Took me 15 minutes to find the mince beef at the weekend. Hidden in the new freezer section behind a pillar.

Thats why they do it. They want people looking for things and buying other items they didn't intend on purchasing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Despite the messing with the re-org, the new checkouts are a godsend...along with extra staffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

• Registered Users Posts: 9,276 ✭✭✭cgcsb

There's no such thing anymore. There are 3 active landfills left in the country but none accept domestic waste, you have to go to the recycling centre where they'll accept non recyclable material for a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Anyone hear a fairly loud high pitched machine sort of sound in the middle of the night last night? It didn't sound deep enough to be a train, was quite loud, it sounded to me like it was coming from the vague direction of St. Vincents but could be totally wrong. I heard it in the middle of the night like 4am sort of time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Could be a siren/klaxon from McKee Barracks on Blackhorse Avenue in Dublin 7.

I live nearby and they test the sirens there every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

The area seems to be quickly deteriorating, I also live in Phibsboro.

Had a k.... (I recently learned the k-word is a 'slur', even though every irish person I know used it, but ok) walk into my little garden the other day. Yer wan sat down and I came up to her and said 'excuse me can I help you' and she was like 'ill just be 5 minutes', so I was like 'I'm sorry but you are on private property'. Then yer one was like 'ill just be 5 minutes' so I was like 'you can sit on the steps over there, this is my private territory'. She was obviously after using drugs, she's homeless. I do not judge homeless people using drugs to cope with life but... don't do it in my garden please.

She still refused to leave. Called the gardaí then she had the audacity to light her heroin/meth/crack or whatever pipe it was right in front of me. I became so angry that I chased her away with a stick. It took a few light beatings before she finally fooked off like. Gardaí later told me she is indeed known by them.

I don't mind people being on drugs but if you are told to leave, they should leave. She was obviously still 'sober' (as sober as someone like that can be I guess) the moment I told her to leave. I even offered her an alternative location for her to use. But no. Irish people are so entitled....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Last week, I left the glass door open into my living room when i went to the bathroom and when i came back there was a guy in there on drugs. He was walking aroound wiht my backpack around his foot and he was oblivious to it dragging around. I was just shouting at him to get the **** out ("but it is raining" "so what"), what is he doing in here and he was trying to lie to say my housemate (non existent) said he could be in there, was bizarre, difficult to get him to leave but in the end he apologized and went on his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

I'd have knocked him unconscious he was lucky. Best to call the guards. This area is sadly going downhill due to the COVID restrictions and their effect on the economy. Must have been a scare !

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tropple

I think it's quite the opposite actually, the area is doing better than ever during Covid. Lots of young families and professionals spending their time and money in the area rather than in offices, and there's a better sense of community than ever as neighbours and communities get to know each other better.

Haven't noticed any particular deterioration either myself, though having some randomer in your house or garden is obviously not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Webster29

Good for the sellers but struggling to get my head around it still.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pmcc1

This is on on Sunday Sept 19th. We had good fun doing it the past few years.

Usually finishes up in a cosy pub, but we're grateful to have the Hall for the afters this year. There'll still be a little glass to be had though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

They're planting trees/hedgerow along the shopping centre carpark.

Advertisement