Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LizzieKelly

Just tell them about the holidays when being offered assignment. They might hold you off starting til you come back Or depending how long the holiday is and how long your placement you might have enough holiday entitlement to cover it

the placements can be 3 months or 6 months or maybe longer and they might get extended but it won’t lead to a permanent position. You would have to apply for the permanent clerical officer panel to get a permanent role.

ya When it’s over it’s over and you have to start again. There seems to be tco panels being run several times a year now though so keep an eye out for next one. You won’t have to keep interviewing each time if you have been through an interview for a tco in the last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭koifish

It's worth noting (and I've had some colleagues in the CS who confirmed TCOs they worked with being made permanent) that some depts seem to have a separate internal permanent panel that is built from TCOs working there, where the managers requested to retain them. In the 2023 TCO booklet;

TENURE

Assignments will be to a temporary position. The duration and period of a temporary contract will vary from post to post. There is no entitlement to a permanent position.

Notwithstanding the above paragraph on tenure, we retain the right to consider holding a confined Selection Process for permanent appointment to certain positions within the Civil Service in certain limited circumstances. Any such process will be held in compliance with the Commission for Public Service Appointments (CPSA) Code of Practice. 

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ConorL76

Hi everyone!

I have recently gotten clearance for my Garda vetting, and the Garda bureau told me that they told PAS.

Just wondering how long it will be before PAS will be in contact with me so I can start!

If anyone has any experience in this situation, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

Hey, does anyone know how long they continue to place from the B panel now that the C panel is open for applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭koifish

The booklet says "It is not envisaged that appointments will be made from this competition after 31st December 2023" for TCO 2023B. I think C is more nationwide/different counties from the B panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

TCO 2023C is specifically for Clare, Cork, Galway, Kerry, and Limerick. I would imagine that's because their panels are depleted or close to it.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CelticRiddle

Starting on Monday in DSP on an 18 week contract, I'm in for the permanent competition aswell but haven't sat the interview yet.

Question is, how likely will the DSP extend my contract when it's up?

I'm hoping to have Sat and passed interview for permanent role to ease the mind before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TracyMcCabe

How much notification did you get for start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CelticRiddle

Just under 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭aaron5250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

If it's a fixed contract, then not likely, but possible. However, if it's an open contract then there's every possibility that it will be. From what I've seen with DSP, they issue a lot of open contracts and extend if they're satisfied with your work.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Beckett99

Apologies if this was answered elsewhere, but are the 2023 and 2023B panels separate? If I refuse a contract on one panel, am I still considered for the other? Thanks all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DaftCat

Hi all, I have applied for the Temporary Clerical Officer 2023C role. It has been almost 2 weeks since the assessment date passed, I'm just wondering how long do you normally wait to hear back on your results?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eyeheartcapybara

This is normal, we should hear back sometime this week

• Registered Users Posts: 34 berniegirl

Got results this morning for clare.. OOM 28.. waiting on limerick now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I got placed 46 for Kerry what are the chance of me getting interview ,had everyone an option of 2 locations

Sorry about that.. my bad.. I just checked I’ve only one location on my application for Temporary.. I’ve applied for the permanent CO too so assumed I’d picked two areas..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Gawd almighty. My second tilt at CO and I'm waaay down the field. I've been working since the 1990s, how can I be this bad at figuring out what to do in these makey-uppy scenarios?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DaftCat

Got an OOM of 73 for Cork but I had to choose two locations so chose Kerry as my second.

In the permanent I got late 200s in one location and early 400s in the other 🤷‍♀️ I didn’t spend as long thinking about the temporary scenario this time around.. just selected my first thoughts 😏

• Advertisement

I got 560 .I found the tread on tco 2022 in work and jobs and got a few tips there .For the personality questions I choose the most positive answers and for the 2nd part I choose the answers that paint a model potential employee and took my time with the questions .There should be the tco 2024 starting in October so keep the faith

Thanks, CG - appreciate it. Back into the fray I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 seekingajob2023

I’m OOM low 50s for galway, Al I likely go get called for interview? Thanks all

Literally Just got a date for an interview in 2 weeks time for Clare., I am OOM 20 for the TCO.

🤞🤞

OOM 28 not 20

It’s TCO 2023C 🙂

• Advertisement

Also if anyone has interview tips or knows where I can look them up. I’d greatly appreciate it. im not a strong interviewee. Im also out of the workplace a LONG while so quite nervous about it.

Thank you

Advertisement