Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭nhg

Just wondering if anyone has got called off the 2023 TCO panel yet, son passed interview in February for Kilkenny & received results today for the more recent 2023 TCO B panel

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Murpage

Yes, I've been called and I know others who have in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 daymos369

Does anyone know whether the TCO panel that began in December is going to be kept going now that they've started the B one this year? I've done the interview for the December one, and it'd be a bit annoying if I had to do it again lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Murpage

The B panel will only be called on when the original panel is exhausted. That will mean a second opportunity for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TracyMcCabe

oom 360 for dublin, applied for summer. Does anybody know if I have a chance or should I look elsewhere come end of college year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Blondedoll

Opening tomorrow Fri nationwide campaign, Dublin isn't included...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nody111

Hi guys.

Does anyone know if you passed stage 2 interview for TCO 2023 (got email yesterday) can you apply for CO 2023 that’s out tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Blondedoll

Has anyone here applied for the Donegal TCO within the Dsp that just closed last Friday.

Absolutely, it’s a totally different competition.

It would be fantastic if you were actually started in the TCO position before the competition date closes as you could answer the question regarding working in Public or Civil Service previously differently which would have a big effect on oom I would imagine

Post edited by nhg on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shannen98

Does anyone know roughly how long after doing clearance (garda vetting) should one expect to be called? I was 28 OOM for Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭raheny red

5 days wfh after about 4 weeks of training. Handy gig, especially for students looking for some work over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Captaingoal

@raheny red I’m considering applying for this but would you mind giving me more insight into what the job is like and what they asked you at interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jajadog

I’m thinking of applying for this also. Does the training take place in Ballsbridge and is it 4 weeks of 9-5 do you know? I have a few long weekend breaks away organised for June so I’d probably be out of the running ( unless I cancel them) if the training is all in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dub09876

Hi guys,

I have been assigned a department in Dublin on a temp contract, no start date or contract as of yet but I've been told they'll be in contact this week. I also applied for the permanent clerical officer competition and passed the interview. They have just requested documentation.

My question is should I accept the temp contract while waiting on the permanent to come through? I don't want to accept the temporary one if affects me getting the permanent role but I would like to start soon as I finished up in my job last week.

Has anyone any experience with this?Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,697 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes.

They know that some temps get offered perm elsewhere.

The two competitions are totally separate.

Has anybody been called for interview for TCO 2023 yet?

Did interview yesterday for Dublin, was 00m 360. Hoping for summer assignment. Interview lasted approx 7mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭koifish

Same, had mine yesterday for about 10mins. OOM was 255.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 NiceyNice

What does OOM mean?

Order of Merit

Its the number where you are placed in the competition

Post edited by nhg on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 NiceyNice

Thanks for the explanation. So, from results of your assessment, you have an OOM ranking on one panel, and then when you complete your interview, you have a separate ranking on the final panel?

Am I understanding that right?

Thanks again.

No, from the results of your assessment you get an order of merit. You either meet the requirements or not from the interview, your order of merit does not change. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

From your online assessment you will receive an OOM, or order of merit, based on how you scored on the assessment. This is the order in which people are called for interview. You are not on a panel until you pass the interview. It used to be the case that when you interviewed you were given a new OOM based on how your interview went, but I believe PAS stopped doing that a couple of years ago and now you retain your original OOM.

As the panel progresses your OOM may not be indicative of how many people are in front of you because candidates may get placements from other panels, or find employment elsewhere.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Anybody know what oom for Dublin they are at.

I’m mid 500’s for Dublin , haven’t been called for interview yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 summer 2013

Hi all, I am OOM 76 for Dublin and I just submitted my garda vetting.

I have been told I would get an assignment shortly. It's all getting very real now.

Does anyone know if the starting date can negotiated? I have holidays booked for June so Im not sure what to do about that. And also need to give notice to my current employer.

Also, my biggest concern is I know this will be a temporary position, but can it lead to being made permanent?

What is the length of a TCO contract in general? is it really a case of say a 12 weeks placement and then that's the end of it, and I will need to look for a job again?

Any insight appreciated.

Dublin are at oom 176 as of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭64869923

Post edited by 64869923 on

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CelticRiddle

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how long the vetting process roughly took?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 LizzieKelly

Around 2 weeks from what I remember.

Advertisement