Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2023

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 berniegirl

Nothing yet! Garda vetting came back after 9 days and nothing.. I was OOM 28.. I have recently accepted a new full time role elsewhere so will reject it if I get called. IF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tlcfitz

I was initially offered a job with social welfare in Mullingar a few years ago on TCO panel (I live in Roscommon), I turned it down as big commute for me and they left me on panel and a week later I was offered Dept of Education in Athlone which is only 25 minutes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tlcfitz

I was initially offered a job with social welfare in Mullingar a few years ago on TCO panel (I live in Roscommon), and Mullingar other side of Westmeath and I turned it down as big commute for me and they left me on panel and a week later I was offered Dept of Education in Athlone which is only 25 minutes away as it's the opposite side of the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Well public jobs gave me no law but the department that offered me the job said something might come up

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭lauradryeye

Update on this, I emailed again a month later and they told me that they had called up to OOM 1 🙈 I said how come since the last time it was OOM 2 so they replied that they made a mistake and it was actually OOM 2🤔 Anyways I think it's gonna be a ridiculous long wait...Back in April my OOM was much higher and I was assigned to a job straight away so I thought it would be the same this time. I guess they need a lot more temps in the summer when permanent employees go on leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

Do they request references from your employer for the TCO positions?

What oom no. are they at in Kerry ,for the tco 2023c competition does anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 5 borntobewild

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ah for feck sake

Hi so back in October I got placed 80th on the panel for temp clerical officer grade iii in the passport office in Dublin on Mount Street. I've also completed my garda vetting and it got processed and sent in so I thought I would have been called by now. Has anyone been called for this or know what number they are at now as I never received a reply to my email that I sent a few weeks ago? I've never been on a panel before so I don't really know how they work. Thanks in advance for any reply to my comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Keyman123

Just received email. They haven’t even moved onto stage 2 in Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nody111

Hi all. Re the TCO23C campaign. Does anyone know when choosing a location for Limerick where you would be working for the Mungret and Limerick City choices?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭lauradryeye

This map shows you all the locations with the number of positions, gives you a fair idea of where you could end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shanehoof1000

Hi does anyone know when this competition ends ? As in tco 2023 b and c.

Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eyeheartcapybara

2023c has just opened and will run until June.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shanehoof1000

Perfect thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DaftCat

OOM 72 (I think? It's been so long I can't remember but I'm somewhere around that figure) for Cork and only just got my assignment today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SuperTintin87

Hi all, my OOM was 94. Applied back in June/July. Interviewed by August (I think). Garda Vetting done within a month of that, then silence.

I have been working in a bar in Cork since moving down in November and was finally making shapes to get in to English teaching as I'm sick of the service industry.

I finally received an email offering me a 26 week contract as a TCO in the Dept of Social Protection. Had TOTALLY put it out of my mind and assumed the opportunity had passed me by. Have accepted the offer as I feel it's a good opportunity to get the foot in the door of the Civil Service and I want to experience the clerical work and have that on my CV.

Have also been accepted to and deferred a Masters until Sept '25 (Need to save cash) so if I get an opportunity to stay on a little longer as a CO I'll take that too.

I cannot seem to find, however, an up to date info booklet for the TCO role. I know pay is meant to be a bit meh, but can anyone remember what I ought to expect per week? From what I can see it'll be like 519 gross? Maybe 465 nett?

Anyway, has anyone else been taken on and can describe their experience so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

Civil service pay scales are here -

I have no experience of DSP, but I have a couple of colleagues who do and they loved it.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Advertisement