Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭bejeezus

Think they have some information and interview tips on their website. It advises you to use the star technique when answering questions. I have a interview for it in zoom in the morning. Getting up early to revise! God help us because I’m not a strong interviewee -or candidate- if I’m brutally honest. Have a strong degree and higher diploma results, but after that…

Actually, can anyone give me tips for sleeping the night before? Ah!!! Any advice on interview questions that are likely to come up would also be gratefully appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sunshine_and _rainbows

I was also out of the work place a long time and was very nervous about the interview. The interview is purely competency based so once you are giving examples to cover the competencies you will be fine.

These are the questions I was asked when I interviewed for TCO:

Can you give me an example of a project that you have delivered that you were very proud of?

Tell me about a time you had to manage a lot of information.

Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer or team member.

Give me an example of when you had to deal with a challenging customer or team member.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 34 berniegirl

Thank you. I’ll try and remember some examples. Things can be so vague and you end up researching all sorts of stuff that you don’t need. I’d be trying to memorise the whole civil service and their roles!! (Well not really but you know what I mean!)

Invaluable information. Thank you. I had to cancel my interview as I had a mix of my mighty Crohn’s disease and snowflake anxiety. They graciously let me take a place on the interviews in the next round. I have no idea when that will be. Even via zoom, there’s no way I could have sat there for the full 10 to 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 coolshoes47

Hi everyone, does anyone know what's happening with the Offaly TCO panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

A friend of a friend was early 50's OOM and started in their assigned Dept in late July.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 13 coolshoes47

Interesting! I'm 62 on the OOM, so there's hope:)

Anyone got any idea how long the contracts are for - I suppose it depends on the particular vacancy? I'm currently covering maternity leave till Christmas in the private sector, so I'd be reluctant to take something very short term in the public service.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DaftCat

Hi all, placed 73 in Cork and just got called for Stage 2 Interview in approx. 2 weeks. Any advice? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Is that for the TCO 2023c competition or the earlier one

• Advertisement

Had mine and was asked these exact questions so thank you so much! I don’t know if I passed the interview but I felt prepared and confident when answering thanks to your tips!!

Just got email for my clearance details etc for the TCO2023C.. has to be back before 5/9/23

had interview early last week.

I’m late 20s in my OOM for clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PutNameHere123

Just in regards to the TCO Competition 2023b in Cork, i'm only after the vetting stage which was disclosed last Friday to PAS the 25th of August after being selected for a panel since May 29th post zoom interview. Has anyone any idea how long it takes to receive an assignment post vetting? Can somebody also tell me how to find out your OOM? I don't seem to understand what that actually is. I do know from correspondence that I'm in category B after the assessment. Seems to be taking an eternity to bear fruit this competition. Many thanks.

My interpretation of it all is……………….

The OOM is Order OF Merit. The number in line you are for your area. It should be on the correspondence you received in your PublicJobs.ie

our competition closing date was 10th July. I found my OOM number on the results emails back in July

the B part I think somebody said they are different areas.. I’m C and I applied because it had my local area clare on it.

Interview last week. Clearance email yesterday.

hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eyeheartcapybara

I’ve an interview coming up on Wednesday, any advice?

@eyeheartcapybara I found this quite helpful. It was a really fast interview. The interviewer was quite nice and even rephrased any question if he didn’t hear the answer he wanted.

Just finished up with my interview now and so glad for this comment. I was asked those exact questions so I felt totally prepared.

For anyone waiting/wondering, I've already gotten my results back for my interview (a lot sooner than I expected)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Claire1985

Hi there

My name is Claire Moran I recently applied for TCO 2023C Campaign. Am at NO 84 on the Limerick Panel. Was interviewed 2 weeks ago submitted my paperwork last week, did my garda vetting /clearance on Monday of this week (4th Sept 2023) ? I was just wondering when will I likely be called for a TCO Job. Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks and Best Wishes

Claire😀

Yes I’m the same but for Co clare.. Garda vetting not back yet.. so maybe after that.. I’m on 4 different panels.. and my goodness they all take so long!

Did you end up receiving an assignment? If so, how long did it take post vetting?

Hi guys,

Has anybody received an assignment in Cork since applications opened for the campaign 2023 in March of this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

I submitted Garda vetting a few weeks ago for Cork. Still waiting for assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SuperTintin87

Hey guys, been following this thread for a bit. I've been applying in the TCO 2023C process for Cork and received confirmation from the Guards that my vetting application had been completed and 'disclosed'. That was on the 27th which was a week ago. Is anyone else on a similar timeframe or can anyone tell me if/when there might be a next step? My OOM back in July was 93.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Keyman123

Hi guys

I’ve an interview tomorrow through an agency. I worked in the HSE as a temp and it’s not on my cv. Should I tell it was 20 years ago. Also I do have a medium condition that wouldn’t interfere with the position do I need to let them know or will they know because it is the hse

Sorry mean medical

just finished my interview. I’m not really sure how it went. All recorded which has never happened to me before. No competency. I tried to steer any questions back to what I had prepared. I also didn’t think it would be so long 30/35 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Hey folks, anyone know where the TCO positions are in Cork? The one that has Competition I.D: 23439603.

Also what are the odds you'd be kept on if you got a position?

Advertisement