Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,499 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It's a minor item for them. Third Party sellers may cater for taxes while others may not. I can't see them going to too much bother for the small value overall of third party sales to EU countries. What they do state is clear enough anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,863 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Folks ?

has anyone ever experienced their whole amazon order history disappearing from the amazon account website or app ?

my account has zero transactions like I was never an amazon client.

I’ve spent probably 4 grand over the years since my account was set up in ‘05

my different payment cards are still logged but…

I am just trying to find some items I’d like to repurchase and replace but I can’t recall the manufacturer, purchase was 100% amazon..

anyone experienced this ? Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I had Amazon report that someone had fraudulently bought €50 worth of gift vouchers and that they'd spotted it and reversed the transaction.

After that some of my History was missing but only odd items so I didn't bother following up on it.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Not sure if anyone had a similar experience but I just received the wrong order from Amazon.

I ordered an Office chair and was delivered a large bathroom cabinet mirror. The box is huge and it's 30kg.

they just told me to return it and they cover up to £9 return fees.

I have no experience in posting something this large and the return docket says office chair, this has to go back to the UK and customs will be looking at it like wtf?

I want Amazon to pick it up themselves, this was no fault of mine. My name is on the address and I never ordered this mirror.

I had to rebuy the chair again with more money as they haven't refunded me the wrong item till its returned.

What do I here, I'm not lifting this heavy item to the post office and £9 won't cover anything on this item. Anpost says €30 for up to 20kg but this item is heavier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭obi604

I bought an item today from amazon.co.uk

I orders it at 08:32, I got a ‘your item has been dispatched’ email at 15:19 (less than 7 hours later)

first entry in the tracking was “Parcel arrived at a carrier facility

DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, IE”

i.e. No entries for UK etc

This is the first time I have seen this. Are certain Amazon.co.uk items now shipping directly from Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Yes, if you have prime you will see these identified as "Prime One Day".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭amber2

Trying to return a solar light to Amazon, it’s expensive so need to get a refund. Who is best to use to return, will have to be a company that does pick up as located rurally and a post won’t take it, as contains prohibited item, they delivered it but won’t return it.

Trying to return anything with a battery is next to impossible and costing a fortune with DHL. Don’t think I’ve ever had to return anything before but thought you could return items to Portlaois once upon a time.

Post edited by amber2 on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

UPS is normally best to UK

• Registered Users Posts: 23,623 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Free delivery threshold IE & UK increased from £20 to £25 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GZXW7X6AKTHNUP6H

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Hi all,

I'm on the co.uk site. If an item states 'dispatches from Amazon', but it's sold by a third party seller with an address in China, how exactly does that work? Is the item being dispatched from an Amazon warehouse in China?

• Advertisement

Normally means dispatched from the UK warehouse. What's the expected delivery time like?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Hi Jim,

It says 'FREE delivery Monday, April 17 on your first eligible order to UK or Ireland.' If ordered within 2 hrs 26 mins.

I guess that would be a bit fast from China, but maybe not impossible.

The seller's business address is in China but they do have a GB VAT number if that makes any difference.

If it says dispatched by Amazon then it's dispatched by Amazon. The business address of the seller is immaterial.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Ive just moved home from the UK where I was a regular user of Amazon Prime for both personal and business purchases.

Now that I am home I have been caught for VAT/Customs on a couple of small items I bought as they were sent from a UK seller via Amazon.

With that in mind is there a way to filter out seller locations so as I don't end up buying from a UK supplier and thus subject to tax/customs etc?

Or should I log into and purchase from Amazon.de or similar EU country with Amazon services there?

Thanks in advance

frAg

If fulfilled and dispatched by Amazon, the taxes are sorted at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I just avoid marketplace sellers / items not fulfilled by Amazon.

Unless the marketplace sellers have a used item that I can't get elsewhere. If so, I'll take the hit on the VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

3rd party sellers fulfilled by Amazon means no additional charges too right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Post edited for clarity

3rd party sellers fulfilled by Amazon means no additional charges too right ?

Do orders from 3rd party sellers that are fulfilled by Amazon have all trades sorted at checkout? Yes.

The 'too right' was throwing me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Amazon have to be the worst company for customer service.

I don't order regularly from them, but of 5 orders this year, 3 of them have had a totally wrong product in them. (wrong printer toner, wrong book and today I get 2 decks of playing cards in an envelope instead of a large box with clear desk dividers.

The returns system wanted me to send the mispicked items back at my expense to Fife rather than Portlaoise. They say they will cover costs of up to €9 - but why should I spend time going to a post office and sending back items that have a value of about €4 (£1.21 each) and paying €12 and only getting a refund of €9 at some point in 4-6 weeks if I upload the receipt and request such a refund

If you eventually get onto chat, they simply try to fob you off saying that there is no system to return items to a local address.

I've gone the route of card chargeback as after over an hour of trying to explain that I got the wrong item, they still refused to do anything.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Sounds quite dissimilar to my own experience, having never received the wrong item, though recently I did have to return something as it arrived broken, like you it was to be posted at my expense with reimbursement of £9 - however due to the bulk of the item shipping was going to cost me €23. I hopped onto chat (there was no wait, a human was available roughly 30 seconds after I connected, explained the issue and was told - no problem, just come back onto chat with your postage receipt and we’ll reimburse the full amount - so I did exactly that (again, no wait to get a human on chat) and was refunded as advised within a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Purchased item from amazon.de, wasn't what I needed upon receipt so I returned it to amazon.sk as directed by amazon, their new euro return centre. I paid An-Post 50.00 euro to send it tracked and it shows as delivered to the return address on 5th April, Amazon tell me they haven't received it and wont refund me, I should take it up with the carrier I used as I didn't use a amazon provided prepaid return label. (which I wasn't offered, only an international return label where I send item back at my own cost)

Escalated this to amazon.de supervisor, however they maintain they have not received it and tough luck, take it up with carrier.

I provided images of tracking showing its delivered from an post website and posta.sk website, copies of postal receipt, image of the box with amazon international return label applied prior to sending back with An-Post, but alas still the same line from amazon, its not their problem.

Item sent back cost 600.00 euro, have opened a claim with An-Post (albeit max insurance on the item via An-Post was 150.00 euro.)

Not sure what to do, amazon definitely have changed how they operate

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Trying to figure out if anpost correctly charging additional import fees. This is post box I have bought on Amazon from third party seller. Invoice shows 23%, would that be irish vat rate applied on original transaction and customs shouldn't charge me. I have already paid taxes to customs as need it quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

This is the problem with some third party sellers on Amazon. They don't remove the 20% UK VAT. Nothing you can do except get on to the seller and ask for the VAT back - may or may not happen. This is not An Posts problem. Paying UK and Irish VAT is what you have to do sometimes if you want an item from the UK. Its why a lot of people have stopped getting stuff from the UK.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Took 6 or 7 weeks but got the refund, had provided an post investigation results which was a POD showing my items tracking number and 20 other items that delivered to Sered on same day, amazon still refused to refund.

Opened ODR complaint and started euro small claims procedure and out of blue got an email yesterday from amazon thanking me for my time and 'efforts' and the refund would be issued.

Definitely an experience I'd prefer not repeated, a lot of time and emails calls and paperwork

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭redunited

Just had to return a 30 Euro item, An post wanted €26 euro to send registered to Fife.

I wanted to confirm if Amazon would cover the postage before I sent the item and Paid An post,

After checking a few things I guess Amazon decided it was cheaper to write the item off because they just refunded me and told me to keep the item.

Using Online Chat is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Is it possible to purchace prime video content from Ireland. Unsucessful using Revolut and Irish credit card. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Im trying to but something from amazon and it's charging the import fees based on the value of item before discount? THat doesn't seem right to me? Its part of the prime offers

Advertisement