Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Lion ran away 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

strange race that Oaks - no joy is all she wrote tho :(

well off the pace and never in contention, made up some lte ground but 4th was as good as he deserved to finish - on today's showing

stable in form, market was against, so will not rule out CASSY O for similar race in near future

at least i was right about Gunnerside 😋 calling sf all right recently ,,,,, might be more selective in days future 😪🙂

yeah, no good today... Just a fun bet in 5:10 Elvenia, because there's always a surprise long shot runner up at those fancy meets 😂

best of luck with Elvenia :) doin' nowt more today, me.

• Advertisement

No good 😂

onliest bit o' puntin' joy me gette 2day is: Me got 7/4 on ye Prosperous Voyage y'day, 'nd now he's seemingly best-priced 13/8 shot, with just a few layaz' - yay 😋

it's summat :)

'Green Shoots' , some they mightte say 😄

🤗🙂🙂

Derby on at 1.30 !!

summat wronk ere . tis bad enuf it aint on Tuusdy no more! 😪😒

too good the weather for le study

chance a tricky looking 3yo hcap

Musselburgh - Good

many o' these aint never ran as far as this almost 9furlongs trip today. CJ (son of MJ) has three here and is sure to make this a test. an outside each way hopeful might be the rank outsider, KELPIE GREY ~66/1 EW, here. has a squeak from a holdup ride, perhaps, going on his held up second over a shorter trip 3 runs back at Ayr - breeding and ratings suggest otherwise 😃

not a clue what wins

:)

Epsom Derby

AUGUSTE RODIN 9/2 WIN

cos he's been big talking horse and has drifted out to good price 👁️‍🗨️

• Advertisement

breaks last (that weren't on t'cards 😮😢) Prosperous Voyage ! not good :(

but 😁WINNS😁 from gr8 ride from Lianfranco , in a race where she were rarely bereft of doubt far as winning goes, esp ~80yds or so from line - not until last ~20yds did jolly look like gettin' her 4yo filly's head in front where it counteth

HUPP !!

Sat'dee winning Nap - yay 🙌

😁

Well done! on both picks! I'm not bothered today, just back from work, sun is shinning I'm out.

ta j !

'njoy ye sunne :)

8.10 Lingfield

two agin' t'field

BLUE COLLAR LAD 9/1 EW , ESSME 28/1 EW

the marginal second fav, Inverinate ~10/3, has it all to do from wide draw, imo; will consider for place-lay(s) come show

g'luck

Fakenham - Good (Good to Firm in places)

BLAZING HARTINGO 4/1 WIN

hoping this one can be the answer here. wears f/t visor. hasn't shaped like a stayer in 3 hurdles' starts to date but did come 2nd in a ptp. is possibly the most likely one to try make running here - over a track and trip where frontrunners fare well- as there don't seem to be too many others in the lineup what tend to want to lead , and a lot of these also have questions to answer over this ~3m trip.

first two of the pick's three under rules races were both at 2 1/2m+ , was dropped to 2miles on third start, so has to be interesting stepped back up in trip

could make a case for whatever ya wanted to in a race like this

one for tomorrow

Monday 5th June

Wolverhampton - Standard

a 1m. 1f. 104yds Apprentice Flat Hcap

Silver Bubble ~10/1. this one tends to break too late to give herself a chance

Inexplicable ~6/1. multiple course winner over the extended mile. relatively lightly raced at above that trip. has had a couple of goes over this ~9.5furlongs trip and evidence suggests Anthony Brittain's grey will be a non-stayer here

Odd Socks Havana ~5/1. another 'lightly raced above the extended mile at the course' runner. probably be held up and be running on late before 'going backwards'.

Lailah ~7/1. showed very little in first three races. ran okayish when not unfancied lto over a mile at Kempton on Standard/Slow going. was a staying on one paced 7th then, and that leaves this one as a' need to see more / jury is out' type, so will dismiss

Lhebayeb ~4/1. has had twenty races and is yet to win. unlike some of these this one has had plenty of goes over CD and has also ran over further on turf, so is one what just can't be fancied

Caracristi ~14/1. is a course and distance winner under jockey, Madi Patzelt. that win was in March - was staying on over the slightly shorter course trip in April the run after. wasn't disgraced in last two races which were both over 10furlongs at Chelmsford and Newcastle: = good enough for me

Storm Asset ~10/1. has never won above 7furlongs. most races at a mile and above been poor. very hard to fancy

Sun Festival ~9/2. can't be ruled out as is a CD winner. has a poor draw in box 10 and will unlikely get to lead, or perhaps will have too much to do if held up. might be an each way pick at bigger price but too short for me here

Latent Heat ~14/1. very hard to fancy on all known form

Selfish Brian ~25/1. has had enough goes on AW and has never really looked like winning on the surface

Born To Please ~16/1. seems to only win on turf with some juice in it. apprentice very inexperienced. not for me today

verdict: jury's in and we give one outstanding claims. trainer, Phil Kirby, is in good form also. horse has a good draw in box two for one that can chase pace. can also be held up so is versatile as well

CARACRISTI ~14/1 EW NAP

today :)

4.45 Nottingham

2 each way agin t'field here:

NASIM 14/1 EW. might have a squeak on turf on good ground over the trip. staying is a question mark

FLOWER OF THUNDER 18/1 EW. has a few 10furlong top of the ground wins to her name. do me

g'luck

rubbish 😒

pu ~1m out. was out the back early detached in rear. could never make ground up and was pulled up about 5 out

😓punting:(

#finlandwererobbed

a nr Gnat Alley were last Tuesday

has an entry for 6f Class4 race - the 6.40 Yarmouth on Thursday

one for tomorrow, Monday 5th June

9,00 Wolves

ARAB CINDER ~ 9/1 WIN/EW . a CD winner last Oct in Class6. ran two okay races after that for her then trainer, William Knight. has ran 4 very poor races for current trainer, Mick Appleby - with the first three from close to pace position, and latest at Yarmouth, a hold up ride; same result tho in finishing well down field, and has yet to finish in top half dozen for latest connections

like a lot of the field, the first time equipment is reached for, in the form of blinkers for Arab Cinder. ten of the eleven declared runners have had a run here, with the selection & Eagle One being the only two with course victory/s

hard to know what price horse'll be tomorrow ('paper' has her as a 16s shot in odds below racecard) . worth a win bet at 7s or bigger, imo, and each way if bigger than 10s

none of the market principals look to me to be banging on the door as being obvious looking ones here. Isle Of Wolves ~4/1, can go close based on a few Newcastle and Southwell runs in early part of year; Eagle One ~4/1, has a long layoff and the former CD winner has a poor looking draw in box 8; Iconique might want a bit further on the AW; Sarkha and Further Measure would want a shorter trip perhaps..

First-time blinkered ISLE OF WOLVES ~4/1, looks the pick of the top half in betting; has a good draw in box one, Hollie is up for the first time also. small WIN on this one if 4s or bigger can be got tomorrow, and will do for me as second pick in 'GOS' ye lucky lastte

• Advertisement

Ayr - Good to firm-good in places

SIXCOR ~13/2 WIN NB. three time CD winner (all last year) including this renewal; goes well on top of ground in small fields

hopeful each way outsider pick here. will chance THE CALTONIAN ~100/1 EW in the hope that the 4yo can compete w/o running keen or green. just two places on offer and will likely need to see one of the top two in betting to flop to fill one of those, but that's not completely outta the question one hopes

☺️

Thirsk - Good to firm-good in places

Menelaus ~11/4, can go close without winning me feeleth

take a chance on one at a price -

FROG AND TOAD ~18/1 EW. a course+distance winner in May of last year on top of ground. needs to leave first three runs for current yard well behind here tho. was well supported lto (will ignore 2 previous runs as had plenty soft in them efforts) over CD in fast run race but only managed to place last of ten. better expected tomorrow possibly??

is drawn in box one and that's where #last yr's winner came from

kennelmate of selection, Zumurud ~13/2, might perhaps want a stiffer test/longer trip on this sort of ground?

#Diamond Haze ~5/1 is the one what prevailed here last year, but he aint been doing much since. not w/o a chance but not for me

OBEE JO ~ 7/1 WIN. will do as second pick. has a couple of wins on top of ground over 7f at Catterick to his name. can stay on well at the finish of them 7furlong trips; could be a win or come nowhere job on his first ever go over a mile

:) gl

tomorrow

Tuesday 6th June

each way double

THAPA VC 11/2 3.30 Lei / ALAINN TU 16/1 6.30 Ling

no joy today

😊

Alain Tu is in my notebook too, let's do it.

Hey, what's up? We had guests over the long weekend, so no time for racing... And overall I find summer racing much less appealing than a/w in the winter when it's so nice to sit warm and cosy in front of computer on the dark winter evening, it just doesn't work in summer. Anyways, let's see what's going on the turf today.

3:00 Ham - Ravenglass 13/2, put two decent runs this season before finding class3 company too hot for him last time at this track. Better ground and extra furlong might be just what he needs? it's quite poor cl5 0-75 event with only two horses rated over 70, Zarabanda looks like a main threat going by ratings.

Do you think the first 3 on the list would travel together? It's quite a distance to send one horse.

4.45 Hamilton

ELLADORA WIN 7/2

lto CD winner when making all. can do the same again hopefully in a grade higher race, but with a lesser weight to carry. last time's win were in a fastrun race. don't seem many out and out frontrunners, and that will perhaps give Elladora an easy enough time of it on her own

gl

no joy there :(

one 'pour le morrow'

Friday 9th June

Brighton - Good to firm-good in places

QUEEN SARABI 12/1 WIN / EW

5 runners so just two places 'ere. has had about 13 different jockeys atop outta just 21 races. Saffie's atop tomorrow for first time. She a right good enough pilot is Saffie, and she's no bad neither to luk at 😃

Queen Sarabi's a CD winner (her sole win) from round about this time last year (17th May '22) and won it from box one <same box as she's berthed in tomorrow>

Lucky Mascot and Gnat Alley are potential leaders here, so will hope one of those tows selection along.

Marsh Benham's very very very short at ~ 4/9 for this. has two wins over a mile to his name out of his total number of wins, which coincidentally is also two wins. " wouldn't be too bothered about 'step down in trip' " ye pundittes may say - not me, but ye pundittes. that's effectively da level o' shoight they be spouting on t'morrow, while simultaneously 'poking holes' , or 'oles even, in the form of others, imo. others will have they own opinions on what ye pundittes may or may say, which is fine too. widnae be value at 4/6 over a mile, imo, let alone over shorter

Gnat Alley's ~3/1 an interesting one, and I expect this one will get a win at some stage this summer at, say, 6furlongs perhaps, but jury's deffo out given the long layoff, and moreso this almost 7furlong trip

#finlandwererobbed#diversityofopinionisfinebutdiversityofmayhemaint#ifu'satourist/seekerofrefugeinanothercountry#actaccordingly

#gwansaffie !

😊

• Advertisement

Tomorrow: Saturday 10th June

lack of inspiration leads us to look at home for a hopeful winner/s

Punchestown - Good

for sure Jessie's jolly, Striking ~13/8fav, can go very close here; am happy enough with one with an each way poke meself....

LITTEL FLOUR 16/1 EW

Acts on Good-Yielding, has a 5th place finish from 2 years back on Good-good to firm when finishing fifth in Limerick Bumper in July '21. is only one of three in this race what've #seemingly got a hcap rating (#well that's what racecard says - dunno if having a mark is good or bad but it's 'obbo worthy' anyroad 🙂)

this one will do me in hoping for a place - jockey tries make all, fades late & ends 2nd or third and that'll do us

at least this one has hurdling experience - the 2nd , 3rd and 4th 'paper favourites' have never ran in a hurdles' race, and two (Sea Aster ~8s and Farrokh ~8s) have never ran in any race whatsoevs; and the second fav, Nottodaybobo ~5/2, from Elliott's yard, will be jumping in public for first time after four pretty decent Bumper runs

question marks against opposition are further 'green shoots' here

far as the favourite goes here, Striking looks vulnerable to one that might be half decent.

I Will Be Baie ~11/8. should like the ground as his only run to date saw him win a PtP in April of this year on Good to Firm Going. not so sure, on breeding, if a 2m hurdle race will be up his alley? prolly 'not got much to beat' anyhow, but regardless -and going on le breeding angle- this one will be a potential place-lay job if similar or shorter priced tomorrow

don't know what'll win; no opinion even - i aint looked

that's all i got, and no more interest in studying today - aint been getting ye resulttes recently

#finlandwasrobbed

good luck who's punting today 😊🙂☺️

Advertisement