Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

all the reserves look to be 'out' so Archies Charm a non - don't know when/how/why/what time these reserves get scratched 😌 r what they do be doing there in first place

no joy with Bernadine sadly ........hugh's havin' a mare 😛

anyone fancy backing @Gallimimus ~ 11/8, in 5,55 L. Goes for George "Buffy" Boughey and Hayley "Gamey Broad" Turner 😂 looks like a stone cold cert on all known form 😲 ...

... do it fquque !! 😂 how it's seen that level o' coin is beyond me; if i were knowledgeable on breeding and t'likes, i might "see it" , but i aint and i don't !

am too astonished to even give that race a quick once over #aminaweofthispuntedononeforreasonsvariousand#whateludeme#hashtag

💆

had a quick luuk thar

an "fyi" for those that like funny horsey names (me imaginary mate wenchitty, par exemple, she like "Mayo Neighs" 😋) one goes here called: Rhea Of The Year 😛 and Darragh Keenan is lucky pilot who gets to sit on 80/1 poke (geddit😄 am outdoing usself today heheheh,,,) Rhea 😝

anyroad, cannae make a case for Buffy's jolly, so pended landed on two:

DAMASCUS FINISH 12/1 EW , MOON OVER THE SEA 12/1 EW

reasons: topweight/s in hcap , can't be ruled out on form , could improve for age and step up in trip/further than they've won over before, are also both drifters and drifters doing ok lately

#strangerfingsav'appened

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

too many meets on today - sunny weather and lotsa racing = bad combo; on a/c o' me gt more depressed if losing on a sunny day

must be BH o'er in Engerland

better off just watchn tennis , nd wait for puntee races instead of watchn 'em all 🙂

#playthelonggame#victoryiswithinreach 😄

• Advertisement

Nothing today, even the safest bet of the day couldn't get up and got beaten by neck (Senesi).

thinking of backing @FRANKENDAEL ~4/1 in 3.50 Ripon on Thursday. first time visored Haarar ~11/8, looks to be no great shakes on overall form

Gastronomy ~7/2 left Varian's after just the four runs - suspicion is 10fs is more this one's trip

CJ's Knightswood ~4/1 might prefer a bit of juice in the ground - odds on to lead here, imo

Bamboo Bay ~14/1 is one of two his trainer Phil Kirby has here (Gastronomy being the other) , and is twice a winner on good ground over 1.5m and can't be ruled out

FRANKENDAEL came third here in September over CD in a race ran in a fast time. Going is Good-good to firm in places, and not fully sure if he'll like to hear his hooves rattling. is a winner on softish going over 10fs at Beverley in race prior to CD 3rd. flopped on penultimate run which was on heavy at Donny (when well supported) but will put that down to extreme conditions; was totally unsupported on comeback run at Wetherby, but wasn't completely disgraced in coming 6th there over 10 furlonges

has questions to answer to be sure, but am hoping @Frankendael be the answer here 😊

onto today - little appeals - will chance a couple of very hopeful/speculative ones over in Mayo

Ballinrobe - Good

Being by Flemensfirth, one might suggest the ~4/7 HDB jolly, Ring O Roses, might want further than this ~2m.40yds trip. came 2nd lto at DP , but that was over ~2.5fs further; in the first of her two races thus far, Ring O Roses came 3rd over 2m at Navan.. that was a slow ran race and suspicion is that that's as good as she is at this distance.. chance win-lay @ up to 4/5 when closer to off

two with very moderate form so far will do me as hopeful each way picks here:

ROBIN ELITE 100/1 , IS THAT SO 200/1 NAP

G'l

Thursday again at Ripon

two each way picks what've won over CD and in a fast time (other CD winners here, but they've not got it on the 'clock' ) ; and one what's yet to win, but might improve for the addition of blinkers

recent form means nowt to me here.

picks: HURSTWOOD ~5/1 , GULLANE ONE ~ 10/1 & DREAMCASING ~ 12/1

• Advertisement

another Thursday pick , and another hopeful one to boot

Roscommon - Good

HONKETONK ANGEL ~33/1 EW

a 6yo mare who's just having her third run - both the other two were ran this yr also. has an absence to get over; the first two runs were on Dundalk AW, and perhaps she'll be better on turf with possibly a more prominent pitch

not the only one that thinks the four (no's 1 , 7 , 9 & 3) provisional market leaders are opposable, as one tipster lad on the racing page, Donal Murphy, sides with 16/1 shot Humtaza, here

:) :)

one for today

Leicester - Good to Firm

Gallimimus ~4/6 fav was CD winner from y'day after seeing some serious coin - was a bit awkward/ungainly in parts, but managed to get on top late on easily enuff

could well be the answer here, but am hoping for no more than a place with my two picks - win'd be a bonus

2 each way hopefuls here:

SILKS GRAPHITE 16/1 EW , URBAN CHAMPION 8/1 EW

hard race to solve with many of these having very little runs, and not much ~10f on ~good ground form on offer here

g'l

rubbish in Ballinrobe with the picks

jolly wins to annoy us even more 😒

#effpunting

that's me out :)

Friday 2nd June

Epsom - Good-good to firm in places

the day Pat Cosgrave makes his comeback after 28 day holiday; Irish pilot has three rides here, with all three for Jim Boyle

Hodler ~8/1 is the first of those, and surely can't win unless there's a deluge. goes in 2.35

In the 3.45, Bad Company ~8/1, has a very good overall track record, but suspicion is he comes up short here on the likely rattling fast ground. his two course wins come on soft and heavy going, so not for me. potentially can go well on good or better going if trying make-all from lowish draw, and don't get any competition (unlikely) for lead, but even then this one's vulnerable - even for places

MARLAY PARK ~ 16/1 is the third of Pat's mounts and goes in the last, the 5.45. is a CD winner three times, with none of them wins having as much as a mention of soft in going description. not looked at them all here, and the horse does appear to be out of form, but atm he looks the pick of his three mounts in as far as getting a comeback winner

Hi there, what's for today, anyways? This thread is overdue a winner. Maybe try a shortie? Like Arkenstaar in 4:50 Ham?

I also fancy chances of Beltane in 3:10 Bev and Lord Abama in 3:20 Ham. That's it for me for today, this month started very well but it quickly went downhill after very poor last week.. with the weather this good it's very hard to concentrate on the horses, I'm going back out to sunbathe in the back garden, f*ck this (excuse my french) 😂

Where did that Cliffcake come from??? Small return on Beltane, backed @6/1.

Thaki is a class6 horse, wtf is he doing winning class4 events?!?

I also got bitten by the ants in the back garden, so well pissed off here.

Shortie saves the day but still we need a good juicy winner. Maybe tomorrow...

lookin forwards 😊

Saturday 03/June

Epsom - Good-good to firm in places on 5f course.

PROSPEROUS VOYAGE ~7/4 WIN NAP

going is "Good" , but likely to at least get a mention of "Firm" imo ; on a/c of t'sun batin' it down, imo

none o' few books I'm with have it priced up yet, but according to odds page on racing website, a few books go 7/4. have this one down as a 6/4 shot meself, and will back at 13/8 or bigger - no 13/8 or bigger come puntee time = no bettee for me

seems to be a sharp enough 1m. 113yds. (~8.5furlongs) trip , and, along with her price (~5/2 Gen) , I'm ruling out last year's second, Potapova, who was beaten by another Cheveley Park (different kennels) horse in last year's renewal. should like the ground and will be staying on late, but not for me for win purposes

some of these probably would need juice in ground to go well. apart from selection, onliest one I #can't 'rule out' is Shaara ~9/1. reason is this one's pretty much (at this level, at least) unexposed over this ~1m 1/2f trip. has been contesting races at 9 and 10furlongs since after winning at Haydock last July. was well supported and won easy then - tho it were surely a mickey mouse race. guaranteed to like the ground at least. have to go small win only on this one - just in case.

#even if i can 'rule others out', it's a long way from certain that one o' em won't be prevailing. just an 'fyi' that, which should go w/o saying 👁️‍🗨️

onto main pick:

Prosperous Voyage is a course winner (2yo 7f race) , acts on Good to Firm , is the only obvious frontrunner here, so will hope Lianfranco makes all here. good enough for me, and as jn1 says: "shorties could be way of finding usselves a winner" , or words to that general effect (or is that affect 😂)

think me had one winner on here today , with rest not even placed = mehh day :(

too lovely be's weather for studying ; if me had a garden me couldn't be seen in, then me'd be out soaking up rays an' all

that is all 🙄

me Oaks pick

Epsom - Good to Firm

RUNNING LION 11/2 WIN

for no particular reason. reasons to oppose top two is mainly reason for picking le pick. AP's 5/6 fav, Savethelastdance, has only got soft ground form. Soul Sister 11/4, has an extra two furlongs to stay here than when winning lto at York. Running Lion has question marks for sure - up in trip and has better ground to contend with. has won her last four races (albeit first three were on the AW) . overall profile good enough. be no surprise if O'Brien favourite drifts and this one comes in. about a 9/2 shot i feel is selection, so happy enough go win at odds available

gl

#notgottaclueherereally😆

• Advertisement

in same race, will do outside each way pick

4.30 Ep

BRIGHT DIAMOND 50/1 EW. went wide lto on her first 3yo run when racing upped in trip at Lingfield. might've finished closer had she ran shortest way round. has place claims - have also did her at ~9/2 on exchanges to come in first four

thinking about doing Maman Joon ~50/1, each way also, as has only one run, but I have enough picks here; likely at least two of top three in betting will finish in top four, and might let usself be put off by price here, but might just go small win only on Hannon filly - just in case 👁️‍🗨️

I'm not good at figuring out high class races but I couldn't resist dipping into this one... 2:35 Epsom - Revich 13/2, CD winner and runner up last year, he actually followed very similar route to this last year too, he's a bit higher in weights this but is ridden by the master Ryan Moore this time and that could do the trick. My notebook is suggesting Dutch Decoy but he seems to be just spinning the wheels on the same spot at the moment, won off the same mark last year but that was not a fancy cl2 race and Neil Callan hasn't ridden him before, so no go...

Why they keep resetting the draw bias stats on ATR? that I have to go look for it somewhere else? not happy.

Half point on long-shotty Storymaker 11/1 in 1:50 Chepstown, to take advantage of her filly allowance and jockey's claim. She caught my eye when doing most of the running and staying on to be involved in the finish in Wolves lto.

Post edited by j@utis on

Storymaker close 3rd, e/b mb+, but no main prize...

Back to class6 now, 4:45 Carlisle - Gunnerside 4/1 was rated into 70s two years ago before he encountered some issues (big career gap), he's only 6yo, BF lto when fluffed the start, made all on turf on penultimate start, that was on soft but he has some gf ground form too, has course form and won over the distance, so why not. GL

ya have me sold on REVICH 6 to One, missus ! 😊 @j@u@t'wenchittywench@tansinbackgarden 😛

me sees he come 2nd in this last year, better ground this yr should suit yay ............................ !!

looks 'napworthy' material that one, j 🙌🏇👍️ :pac:

luvly day an' all

need winna , r it mayn't be so gut hehe 😄

me'll chance CASSY O 5/1 WIN in that Carlisle 4.45 race

has absence to overcome which is worry; trip be fine as well as good ground. dropping down weights. seems to be a holdup (from me v little research 😂) track, and this one can go well from close to or well off the pace

has decent strikerate overall

La Feile ~15/8 fav , is obvious danger to all. won Redcar ~7f race last July in Class6. mainly raced in higher grades since, apart from penultimate run (but that was on soft/heavy, so will overlook) but does have obvious claims; but in race like this, I'd rather go for one at reasonable price

g'luck with Gunnerside in that same race @wenchitty - finding it hard to see it meself, imo,, more an AW horse perchancée ? 😌

that's enough punting for me today, - for reasons various 😋

some good writeups from ya today, j@utis .. may ye gette yeselfe a winna winna, missus 👁️‍🗨️

Revich didn't seem to run much of a race just there now -pity that- thought 'e had reet gd claimze :(

third of Pat's mounts is @Marlay Park in the last, the 5.45

has good CD form with three 7f course wins, but those three 7f CD wins were in lesser races,,, only a 5/1 - 11/2 shot and nowhere near the provisional 16s quotette in ye prob sp

go win on MARLAY PARK 5/1 5.45 Epsom - just in case. looks tough race to solve, so not bothered to look at most of the rest of the field. have small win on a/c of don't want to not back this one, just to see it hose up. shrapnel will do us here stakewise

think CJ's well punted on 2/1 gen jolly, Urban Sprawl, is vulnerable here,, don't be surprised if this one comes nowhere. has good overall 7furlong form, but none really at a sharp track like Epsom, imo,,, is a possible make-all type which would give him a squeak; but am not seeing that tactic working to best effect in a race like this, and if he's held up, he could well have too much ground to make up late on. will give this one consideration re 3-place , and 4-plce lay before the off.. definitely looks a very skimpy price - to win a 7f race like this, he feels more of a 4/1 shot to me, and am pretty sure he'll have to do summat he aint done before to prevail here.. and that certainly aint reflected in his win price

someone might "have it right off" but the jury has to be out on that scenario

definitely enuf puntee done for today. me not lookn at nowt else 'ceptin me get a winner , and even then me not too pushed , as too gooduva day for exercising ye braine matterre

GL to us puntin' boardzees and anyone else what readethe us postes 🙂

Yeah, nothing from Revich, I should've stuck with my old friend Dutch Decoy 🤣

• Advertisement

can't win them all, logic was sound and that's good enuffe(ishe 😅) 🤣

Advertisement