Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

one more what caught us eye

not gonna over-analyze this one, and just go WIN only on TANGO FLARE 13/2 , in Fairyhouse 5,20

selection won at Cork lto after a significant break. if can replicate that run, then he can surely go close here. Cork win over the 6furlong trip saw a fast time clocked and the horse put in a massive showing compared to three previous runs. horse travelled very well thru that race as well. confidently hopeful pick here, looks overpriced anyhow

am not seeing any out and out frontrunner here; don't think this'll harm selection's chances, as can travel well in the bunch from just off pace

good enough for me

good luck anyone what has a confident pick in this race - all the market attention seems to be on the well-gambled Ostraka ~2/1, with the ones just below her in betting (including the pick, who's out to 13/2 from 7/2) taking a walk in the market

g'luck

a general 7/1 shot now is the Queen :)

no <further> nr's or owt like that since putting her up - just folk not liking jolly, imo, and/or looking for summat at a price

hope of breaking us losing streak duck is gone from cautiously optimistic to medium levels of optimism 😃

Queen Sarabi been out of form for sure, but I had her as a ~9/1 shot - so 'value' gotten anyroad 😂

#GwanSaffs 🙂

10/11 jolly far too good - even tho he were about 5lgths off pace for a lot of the race

selection, Queen Sarabi, up with pace and had chances 1f/1.5f out, but faded in last ~150yds - only manages 4th :(

at last, a winner!! 😁

was out wide, so not great possy; was grinding and grinding away in last furlong & a half, and that was enough to record a snug enough victory 😊

Gwan Tangoooooo and L T McAteer(3)

#allcreditto'value'winners#andbeingoffye'coldlistte' 👁️‍🗨️

tomorrow, Saturday 10th June

Beverley - Good to firm-good in places

first Britishe race me looked at and me could only narrow it down to three ;(

easy enough to pick holes in all these formlines. three picks have all won over ~10fs on Good / Good to Firm ground and all off higher marks than their current ones . good enough for me

JEWEL MAKER 11/2 EW , FREAK OUT 8/1 EW , DANDY'S ANGEL 20/1 EW

Gl

• Advertisement

Catterick - Good to firm-good in places

one pick race = yay !

4.30 5furlong Classs4 hcap

dunno what to make of A Haynes' 11/8 fav, Live In The Moment

Midgley has three here and one of em is ye picke

MID WINSTER 9/2 (gen) WIN or EW or both

last few runs been uninspiring, but many of those runs have been on softer going and/or in higher grades; but mainly my reason why he aint, imo, prevailed in any of them is because those tracks prolly aint wholly suited to frontrunners...

yep, even tho 5furlongs be's a dash, it looks as if it pays to be off the pace at some tracks. not this one howevs. horse is one from one at the course (CD success in May of last year) , acts on the going , has won off a cupla pounds higher than current rating. horse has also won at least one race a year for each of the last five years; infacta has a single win each year from '18 to '22..

...yet to win this year, so is surely due

have this one down as a 15/4 shot , so is value at ye readily available 9/2, imo

no real opinions on any of the rest of them. will surely consider laying A. Haynes Live In The Moment for places here tho..

:)

Chepstow - Good to firm-firm in places

Damien Wingrove has two here, but I like neither one on form. one of his appears to be owned by the trainer himself, and t'other by a relative, perhaps. both are having their second run for him, and he seems to be new enough to the training rankes, but cannae fancy them meself

Adrian Wintle is also double handed here. tried to make a case for his Wiff Waff ~20/1 for this as seems to go well with Firm in going description, but horse is well out of form and has never won at north of a 6f trip - on either turf or the AW

out of the field; 9 (including us two picks) of these have raced a total of 34 times at the track, and none of them is a course winner as of yet...

pen landed on two:

FACT OR FABLE 3/1 WIN. was staying on well lto at the 'just shy of 6furlongs' trip at Bath on Firm going. has won on turf on Good to Firm over 7f's in May gone. not a massive price as that was a poor enough race at Brighton. overall form aint the bestest but this be poor race.

QUARTER BLUE 16/1 EW. has had a few goes w/o success over 7furlongs as a 3yo, but this mare was unraced prior to '21 , so will ignore those runs. a fifteen race maiden, tho breeding suggests trip and going should be okay. paper has her at both 9s and 12s to reign victorious here. probably be win only pick @ 9/1, but worth each way go on prices available as is lightly raced and could be "scopey" hehe 😆

Dame Laura Knight 7/2, can't be ruled out and could be a danger to all, but she's not appealing on overall profile - firsttime blinkers notwithstanding. her 'claims to fame' might could be she were born on @KR's b'day and she also come 3rd in race where Concorde shoulda won, but didn't

g'luck

😊 :) 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

What about the Berry Edge? Blinkered first time, Oisin booked, two goods run this season?

I wouldn't rush to cross Live In the Moment out, his last run can be forgotten - stalls opened to late, rider lost iron and all other drama but he was installed as favorite in that race and that was class2 event, obviously there are some negatives too , incl that odds are too skinny...

ya j@u - has claims tbs, that Berry Edge

had that one down as a "can go close w/o winning , good booking in Spud , but a bit short for me"

that were me opinion last night, altho,,,

,,,,is f/t blinkered and has since drifted out to good price, so wouldn't put no-one off backing this one,, still hard to fancy to win tho as poor overall strikerate, and has never won at ~10fs on Good or better Going

not for me mrs - if me had nowt done, then me'd go win @ the ~5/1 available

i really want to say "crossbar job" , but I won't - on account of jockey booking 😃

bad sess to Mullen in earlier race - horse breaks late-happens, goes for a gap (couldn't see it on a/c of camera angle, so don't know if it were muchova one) about 2fs out, no joy, switches wide and stays on strongly, but never gonna get up on Floral Splendour, and horse finishes second to your man, Murphy ;(

ah yeah 🤩

• Advertisement

ya, that stalls opening late can be seen as a 'green shoot' insofar as boosting that formline goes.. been a long time since horse won tho. did win (place??) ,howevs, in some 5f race, iirc, in a very fast time (York mebbe?) .. but a long time between drinks so will overlook this time at least

that were Epsom race (not Yk) and lto running, and it was ran in 54.odd seconds, and LITM were about 6lgths back at the line in Epsom Dash = fast time

is also down into 'lowly' Class 4

am glad it's a short price (~evs gen it seems) as wouldn't be tempted at all at all at 6/4 or less

too many question marks for me, but I'll not try put ya off

verdict: plenty of green shoots on form, grade-drop , excuses etc ; but all them are negated by current price, imh. don't back this one would be my advice - pin to collar 😊

tomorrow, Sunday 11th June

Beverley - Good to firm-good in places

5.45 wide open, 2 picks

CASILLI ~12/1 EW

staying on lto at the course over ~1.5f shorter than this ~1m.2f. trip.. former CD winner,, that lto race was ran in fast time,, selection is competitively priced,,, excellent overall course strikerate with 5 wins from 9 course races

MY LITTLE QUEENS ~13/2 EW

stayed on well lto over just over a furlong shorter in fast run race.. was juice in ground then, but run shows horse is in form and that's good,, has won or gone close over this trip on top of the ground in the past - albeit in lesser grades. is twice a winner in the month of June.. aint never ran at course, so that's a neutral on +/- score, and of the eleven due to go to post, only three of them have had a spin here

prices are biggish and fair... horsies got proper chances = good enough for me

there's a Fastnet Rock horse worth a mention.. ran okay the last twice on turf (first two goes were on the AW) , and put in improved showing compared to previous two runs, imo. anyhoo, those last two runs were on soft Going, so we don't know for sure for sure if will act on Good going, but I'd imagine she will. horse is Dubai Crystal and is 4/1 atm - from 5s in early forays. no bette on this one - expect decent showing

not so sure about 11/4 shot, Reach. reason to be cheerful if ya, like me, dinna like this one: won lto at Notts. but that was only Class5 (up two grades tomorrow) and she'll no have it as easy tomorrow. can't be ruled out for sure, but it's never a bad idea to try pick holes in favourite/s form, as tho am hoping for run for us each way money, am also half expecting one of the two selections be in contention come last ~50yds ; )

all guesswork tho. two picks good enuf here

g'l

cupla winners yday..

no joy with main pick, Mid Wister, tho; was too far back for one with his racing style and was never in contention :(

today

Navan - Good

SATIN 15/2 EW NAP

bloke on IR likes this one, and so do I . looks very good price, but is strangely drifting for some reason. just the four runs and won lto over a mile on good ground. was staying on well enough then too. bred by Australia so step up in trip should be fine.

nothing in here with solid 10furlong form on good ground - trying to make a case for horses going from a mile (or 7furlongs even) up to this longer trip seems to be the angle.. some have ran okay at the 1m. 2f. trip, but perhaps on softer going so will not put much stock into any 10f runs on yielding or worse ground

MALBAY MADNESS 10/1 WIN

newcomer to Emmet Mullins' yard. always gotta be wary of his on the flat. first race as a 3yo, had 6 races as a 2yo, and a mile is as far as he's went, but can't be ruled out here. staying trip + long layoff are obvious question marks. probably have as each way selection at 12s or bigger, but win only at current odds

g'l

no joy there :(

6th Satin finished and t'other one 2nd

nothing there

:( My Little Queens nowhere , Casilli nowhere,, wrong about fav - Reach won easy 😢

#finlandwererobbed

no future study done ,,,, wait for inspo methink 😆

Gordon and Sean Bowen great day had in Perth today, with the duo getting four wins and a second there, and Elliott had a further second with Ricky Doyle piloting Definite Plan in race where Gordon's, Ballykeel, won

o'er on this side o' pond, have noticed a young Apprentice, C Stone-Walsh, has had four winners from his last 18 rides; and they weren't short prices neither.. : 12/1 , 9/4F, 5/1 & 9/1 were prices , so will give jockey every bit of credit for them..

must be housed in Joey O'Brien yard, so in right place anyhow -far as being noticed goes- as has had 8 rides (from 32 in total) this year for that particular trainer, and has gotten hisself two winners off Joseph.

definitely a jockey to keep good eye on in upcoming weeks. he aint declared on any in next two days, but can't be long 'til he's in relative demand, imo. 👊

"inspo" could be a while off 😄 fekkit anyhoo 🤣

Yes, boss, no bet 😂

Some performance by Al Asifah in 3:20 Goodwood yesterday, I'm surprised to see that she has no entries into any of the big races yet.

howdy missus 🤣

Yes, boss, no bet 😂

goodonya @j@utiseee !! ..........ya knows good advice when ya hears it 😆 what's this about a horse and entries??? paramount to seditious talk imo; this craic aboot fancy horsies and 'entries' and suchlike :pac: :😂:

anyroad, onto normal fare - of ye egge nd spoone variete heeheehe 😛

Lingfield 2,00

FULLFORWARD 12/1 EW

has a fourth and a second to his name from racing on the AW course this year with both those races over 10furlongs. was unsupported lto over ~10fs at Bath on Firm going, and only managed a 6th place position. will draw line thru that, and hope we get us a good run for our money here against a Prescott 'otpot

if fav don't win this race, this one has as good a chance as any, for me

g'luck

My entertainment for today, without digging too deep: 2:30 L - Obama Army, 3:00 L - Meng Tian, 6:10 W - Syllabus, 8:40 W - Rechercher (hoping that Buick won't stop riding if the chance of winning is gone).

GL in that 2pm race, it might worth a dip into no fav market?

some good looking picks there j@u.... do 'em usself in multis and dat - ta for ur insights 🤣

#finlandwasrobbed##herecomesderainagain#summattotalkaboutdeweatherif#you#aresomebodywhatgetsoutandabout😂

• Advertisement

Short fav beaten in 2pm but by the different horse. I consider fav unlucky in running, bumped couple of time and boxed in for quite a while.

not good enough today, number 14 :(

only 4th me pick come 😭

Obama threw t'dummy out there when getn to front 😒

travellin' like a winner an' all so he were 😓

hope for better luck in races upcoming 🙂

Yeah... mb on Obama Army, Meng Tian out of places by a nose, FFS.

yep, no lucke at all today 😓😆😓😢😄

think i'll have a walk outside instead of tryna find winners 😄

aye, might be no a bad idea - good day for a walk alright !!

chance GO ANOTHER ONE 11/2 EW at us local track in Rosc 5,13

11yo and in form recently; do me

Good to Yielding going is supposed to be atm

showery/thundershowers earlier

putting hurdles on chase track ayfter first few fencee races, or so they said ye pundittes; and that 2-3mls of rain have fallen since this morn

Another placer in 6:10, not at e/w odds though... and by the looks of it, I picked the wrong Buick one and what's even more annoying is this entry in my notebook 😐️ yes, I had a look at it but it was too many "but's" for me. Elraaed won @17/2

• Advertisement

dinna worry about that Elraeed, j - better women than you widna have found that one on form based on his first two runs 😂

was a 'breeding/connections' angle there alright, but that it ! drifted like ye barge an' all

''Thursday Thoughts"

no inspiration atm, so looking inta future

Thursday 15th June

Yarmouth - Good to firm-good in places

Dazzler's Bernard Spierpoint is 15/8 paper jolly for this 6f Class6 Classified Stakes race. until lto run, and for the better part of a year, this one was solely campaigned on the AW. Prior to 9th June gone, this son of Harbour Watch had been unraced on turf since August of last year

that was a Classified Stakes at Brighton which he won recently by mainly making all. was seriously punted on that day too = 'job done for the year', perhaps and likely. backed into 7/4 from early on price of ~13/2, ye horse must surely have been primed

not having a bet on that one, but I think he's ye maine angle here. poor horses, so he'll likely go on from the front.. that Brighton 6f trip (well 'almost' 6f: 5f. 215yds , so 6f for all in tents and porpoises 🤗) is a very sharp one. reckon 'standard' 6f time of Brighton 6f trip on Good is ~1m 10s , whereas Yarmouth's be ~1m 12.5s

Bernard Spierpoint has four wins -all on the AW- apart from lto Brighton success, with them all over the minimum trip. think he's vulnerable here. might have another look at card and see if there's many other frontrunners (don't think there's many) for to challenge him early on. If not, then I think I'll chance in-running lay at very (and various) short odds (between ~1.05 and ~1.25 0r therebouts) . although it be poor lineup, I think something beats fav and, besides, I'm also counting on him 'not staying' on this stiffer track

anyhow, me pick is the obvious alternative:

WRATH OF HECTOR ~5/1 WIN

came 2nd lto at Wolves over 6f,, was a Classified Stakes race, but that's the level we is at here... that race must have been considered a 'downgrade' on other Class6's as was sent off very short price

horse has been to Yarmouth racecourse a few times, but it's his CD record what tempts us here. has two wins and a third place finish from three CD goes, with all those being on Good or better going.

looks like a horse that prefers to chase the pace, so will expect Wrath Of Hector to folly jolly here

😊

Advertisement