Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

5,25 Wol

pen landed on two here

DOLLY GREY 16/1 EW , IKKARI 12/1 EW

those were us (undecided) thoughts last night in us draft me no post then

very tough a'ight j

couldn't solve it,, could make no case for Dixon's,,, like you, think Plumette can go close, but whether she can win, am doubtful,,, drifting fav Triggered don't appeal neither

went with Dave's DOLLY GREY 10/1 EW

shorter than me'd like,, ran okay over CD last September,, lightly raced,, could be unexposed,, will do us over here

:)

third Dolly Gray - better than nowt

j/f Triggered wins

7,52 Chelmsford

BO TAIFAN 16s EW NB . ran well enough at the course on his second and third last outings - over a mile and over 7furlongs

lightly raced 6yo who has had only 10 runs in his career

has a good draw in box four, so will hope gets a rail possy. not much pace on; perhaps Cappananty Con will take them along from five box. looks a bit overpriced the Denis Quinn horse, for me

second pick: LOVE DESTINY 11/2 WIN. top jock Atzeni gets mount for first time. former CD winner plummeting in weighs. has not gone unsupported in times recent, albeit at pretty big prices and horse hasn't done a lot in them races. weren't miles away when finishing 6th over CD on his second latest start. wears f/t blinkers 2nite

gd enuf for me

g'luck

Hackman 7/1 in the next in Sandown, I just feel like playing lotto tonight 🤣

• Advertisement

Small profit on Hackman but stood no chance with the easy winner.

g'luck with lotto, j@u

'Gene' got third spot there if ya did him each way,, Burke's winning fav look machine-like

Elite Status now 2/1 fav for "Norfolk Stakes" at Royal Ascot - from 10s.. that Norfolk Stakes is some tasty Group one / premier 2yo sprint, or summat like that

Karl Burke thinks Elite Status is better horse than sire, Havana Grey, who he also trained

Elite Status has "more scope" than him (Havana Grey)

fair bullish is Karl

"Wesley Ward can give us a nice lead to furlong pole" 😁 - mint

Karl expects to collect at Ascot - nice to see trainers be ultra confident - when it's merited :)

PS horse clocked "fastest time" in that National Stakes race - since Havana Grey, altho that cannae have been too many years ago as HG is only 8yo

And one more ball to roll, I backed him before once successfully and the other time not so much, Yaanaas in 8:12 🤣 Ok, I'm outta here before my bank runs out 🤣

post time at Chelmsford and they're still talking Barry on telly about latest race at Sandown FFS 😒

• Advertisement

"they've not loaded yet" (at Chelmsford) sayeth Nicholas

WGAF ??

it's upcoming race - GTF o'er to Essex venue, Kerntts !!!

Bo BOOOOOOOMMMM !!!!!

😁 😁 😁

slightly tempered happiness as were toying with giving pick 'nap' selection 😉 😋

Well done 👍 pity me not on, but happy for OP, nice price, good ego and confidence boost, keep them coming.

thankee jn1 for them 'kindlys'

😊

me's gon quit while me's ahead

g'nite nd g'luck 🙂

i see Prescott has one going in a Bumper on Saturday at Ffos Las

will take all t'beating imo

Hall Brothers Distribution Open NH Flat Race (GBB Race) (Class 5) 4/5-y-o of £4,800.00 . 1m. 7f. 182yds.

1st - £2,614.00 2nd - £1,204.00 3rd - £602.00 4th - £301.00

No

Form

Horse

Age Weight

Trainer

Jockey

OR

Whatawit17 d1

5 11-9

Sir Mark Prescott Bt

Sean Bowen

Johnthepostman37

5 11-2

Mrs Tracey Barfoot-Saunt

Mr G Barfoot-Saunt

Probable SP - 1/66 Whatawit, 16/1 Johnthepostman.

bit too short for me tho 😁

onto more likelier one/s from - punting pov 😁

Saturday, 27th May, 2023

York - Good to firm-good in places

looks easy enough race for to find a pick - or more than one, using angles various 🙂

just the one for me

last two years' winners have come from boxes 2 & 4, so looks like low numbers be's preferred.. ones I'm discounting and there are a few, are the Meydan winners/runners, and the ones what can win over 7furlongs on 'Good' (or better) going but seem to only win when allowed to dictate fractions,, they can't all lead,, these be them: <Meydan> Shining Blue , Open Mind / <make all ones> Cruyff Turn

not saying none o' t'above can't win , but they aint for me

also discounting ones what aint never won over 7f on turf

not a very stiff track this, at all at all - but it aint t'sharpest one neither - , so horses what've won at 7f on top of ground, at tracks like Redcar & Leicester are discounted also (some of the make-all types in the field have won at one or both those tracks)

hard to know what to make of Dixon's 4yo, and seemingly unraced, colt, Sluzewiec, so will leave him off

Titan Rock will have his fans on back of lto CD second, but am not overly liking box 11 draw

O'Meara won this last year with Escobar, and his BOPEDRO ~17/2 WIN gets pick here.

BOPEDRO aint hardly tackled 7fs (just one go last October) since leaving Jessie's yard last summer. has been mainly campaigned over a mile. lto run was at the course on proper ground over a mile. only managed to finish 6th of 16 then, but is interesting nonetheless, as he ran closer to pace that day than he's done in majority of his runs since coming to Dave's yard

altho he's mainly won his races from rear/mid-div, Bopedro might be capable of going close from nearer front than back

many of these have 7f wins to their name in faster times than Bopedro, but am hoping race set up will suit the 7yo gelding

Yaanaas got stuck in the traffic and his stablemate took the prize... or that was a plan from the very start...

Onto today's antics: 2:15 Bath Star Sprite 3/1 is the interesting one, only on her 2nd start in hdc company, this Sea The Stars filly wasn't a cheap purchase I presume and adding some 1s to her racing CV would be plus when her offspring are gonna go under the hammer in Tattersalls someday... 0.5pt win.

And another half point goes to... 2:50 Bath The Liegeman 8/1 related to good few winners and might follow their footsteps, trainer's doing well with his 2yo's this season, let's chance it.

And one more in Bath, I just can't get away from it and will probably pay the price but here it goes :D 4:00 Alainn Tu 13/2 ran well here on the soft ground twice without winning, maybe the rock hard surface is what she needs? Current fav My Delilah was behind the selection twice, she better in weights today but she might start slowly and be held up again; when generally it's more profitable to follow front runners than slow starters...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭jacool

Saw Swayze win last night over 5f at Haydock. Is entered in the Wokingham at Royal Ascot, but that’s over 6f.

Has won over 6 before, but needs the ground to just get the toe in. Will be a big price so I’ll be tempted e.w.

I don’t know if he’ll go again before then, doubt it, but one on my list anyway.

• Advertisement

No good in Bath today, 2pts down the drain.

6.55 Pontefract

ORMOLULU 7/4 WIN

goes sprinting here over the minimum, after having two goes over 6f on Southwell AW

different kettle down in trip, but none of the others are entirely convincing.

Oneforsue ~ 7/2 is an 8 race maiden, with 7 of those runs over 6f. the one run that weren't over 6furlongs were a very good second at Newcastle on penultimate run over 5furlongs. would greatly appeal if this race were ran on the AW, but it aint. not an unlikely winner, but will perhaps be staying on w/o winning ?

Speed Dial Baileys ~4/1, has been well punted on, but only has the one run to date and that was a 6th place finish over 6furlongs at Yarmouth. I can't interpret that run as one that gives her strong claims here

Oneforsue is the only viable alternative, imo, to the fav, here

ORMOLULU has drifted out from an earlier price of evens. was 11/8 in paper and that looks fair. anything above that be 'value' imo.

last year's winner Mas Poder made all here - when running on similar ground. appears to be track what suits frontrunners. is pretty stiff 5furlongs here at Ponty, so Ormolulu's 6fs form looks sound to us

g'l

yeah... wanna see my notebook notification for the same race? 😂 well, it said wait for hdc, so I listened, dammit! 🤣

da baxtards, j@u 😒😂

putting off a stellar picker like urself 👁️‍🗨️

had a look at that one, but think it ran o'er further to no avail, on previous runs, so could make no case - humbugge :(

😓

8.15 Limerick

not so sure WPM's unraced mare, Ivana ~ 11/10 , is a 'Bumper' horse,,, Place-laye her @ ~2/5 or therebouts

Eoin Christopher McCarthy is in flying form for relative nobody at the training game (he been around for a few years, but i aint really seen his winning/come placed, regular, until times recent)

his ONE FOR LUCY ~11/2 EW , is one coming back from break, and has been knocking on door in Good ground Bumpers in three runs in Last Aug/Sept

should go close - will do us in this Mares' Bumper

reckon 50/50 me pick goes off in front.. don't know, neither, 'bout these short-priced unraced WPM Bumper yokes,,, they lose fairly often too, 'nd me reckons @Ivana loses an' all - but will be trying hard to get placed (if in contention, ect) come business end, so's to scupper us place-layee pickers,, a second or third for WPM yoke be good result all roond for les Books, imho,,

hopefully Ivana will be trying to win from close to pace , but fade out of places in home stretch - hopefully

rubbish OP

jolly wins easy,, me pick out the places, fading after making most :(

Lets blow some money on Zarzyni in 2:40 York tomorrow, my notebook says his run was good enough after winter break, so he has to be ripe to hit the front this time, not looking at anything else [in case it puts me off again] 😅

dat's the spirit j 😁

i like ur style missus ,, - "not looking at anything else [in case it puts me off again]" 😅 - damn straight !

• Advertisement

I'm watching the race replays... Oh, I get it now! the name of the winner, hilarious when commentator calls it 🤣

Advertisement