Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

pick another one for today - looks easy race to sift thru

Goodwood - Good-good to firm in places

a ten (no. 7, Looby, a nr , also no. 8 , Magic Light) 8 runner maiden what'll likely go to a newcomer (but which one?) , but will concentrate solely on the three thus far raced ones in the lineup - with each having a sole outing to their name; hence why me consider this as 'easy race' to go through (only three raced ones, each with a run apiece , so not a lot to get bogged down with 😋) as very little overall form/formlines to get confused over😊

the pick of them for me, is Dave Loughnane's EXPONISTA 7/1 EW. Exponista was staying on on her lto and first run, on the AW at Newcastle over five furlongs. her sire, Showcasing, can get them to win on top of the ground over 6furlongs, so the James Doyle partnered 2yo will do me here

in same race, I reckon Cheveley Park Stud colours are colouring les chances of the prohibitively priced (looks that way to me anyway 😌) ~ 5/4 gen jolly, Indispensable. Haggas' 2yo was seemingly (going on formlines describing horse's running) just staying on onepaced at the end of that 5f Newmarket maiden

James Horton aint had a horse out in a while and, perhaps his NEVERSTOPDREAMING 20/1 EW , might be the pick from the yet-to-race ones

don't know if Billy were on the sidelines or if there was some other reason, but he weren't on the horse fto, and the jockey, Paul Mulrennan, who was on the main selection fto, also aint getting leg up on this one laterer on today, as it's the Doyler atop; so perhaps worth scanning cards for Billy and Paul's mounts if and wherever they're going, as summat might jump off page far as picks or clues, goes 😃

Curragh - Good

7 declared with 6 going to post in this €20,000 maiden

Aidan O'Brien has very skinny 4/9 fav, Unquestionable, going here; this Wootton Bassett colt finished third of five on his first run that was over 5furlonges on soft ground,, was staying on onepaced then in final ~100yds of that race - which were ran in a slow time.. nothing there to get too excited or worried about

pen landed on Ger Lyons' MR SATURDAY ~5/2 WIN. a Blue Point colt what seems to go on most ground types at sprint trips, and Mr Saturday was staying on lto in his first run which was over the minimum trip on goodish ground, and with the extra furlong likely to suit, I think he's not only the value pick, but don't scream out as being a highly unlikely one, ie that is to say, eg, and for example, that me thinks he's highly likely to prevail here 😃

as second pick will take chance on newcomer, and go for Mrs Lavery's KORTEZ BAY 28/1 EW

gd luck punting peeps :)

4.55 Goodwood

2 each way picks here

SWIFT ASSET 33/1 EW , DESPERATE HERO 16/1 EW

both these have good low draws - boxes 2 & 3 housed winners of last two renewals, and picks are drawn in boxes 4 & 3

they aint got a helluva lot of recent decent form , but many of their races have either been in higher grades, longer trips or on different ground. dunno about 2yo form and how it transfers when they get a bit older, but both of the picks have either won, or gone very close to winning , over 5fs on Good or better ground , so that's what I'm looking at

Pure Angel ~ 9/4 , is coming here on back of an absence, and tho he won lto, that were on AW at Wolverhampton. Jack Channon's Ferrous ~2/1 , is stablemate of selection Desperate Hero , and he's only had the one run ever over five furlongs , and his only win come over 6fs on Heavy ground at Donny

not too worried 'bout them two

Umming N' Ahing ~ 9/2 , has won all his last three races, and they were all on Soft ground over five furlongs,, a bit of a revelation this one as done very little in his first five races. definitely unexposed, but lack of Good ground form is offputting

they'll do me

York - Good to firm - good in places

although they've mostly been in far lesser races, WICKYWICKYWHEELS ~12/1 EW , has won or gone close a few times at trips of 12fs+ , so distance should be fine

a good staying on 5th lto at Hamilton over just under 2fs shorter than today's trip, looks at least to be be decent enough form for me

what wins, I've not gorra scooby, but will hope that Jim Goldie's mare can be competitive today

~11/4 the fav and ~12s the outsider in a field of nine leaves this a very cramped betting heat - perhaps it'll finish in a dead-heat 😃 ?

😊

Chester - Good

ROYAL DRESS ~ 7/2 WIN. well drawn in box one - this one can race close to or make running. a viable alternative to short-priced 13/8 fav, Radio Goo Goo

will go each way also on outsider, CORINTHIAN KID ~ 50/1 EW, who looks overpriced on some of last year's form, albeit a horse well out of form, but is having just her second run for current trainer (and also owner of selection) Patrick Morris - who could have a better course record tbf, with just one winner from 84 runners sent there since 2010

#finlandwasrobbed#neverforget

happy enough with today's picks overall - hope can get one big priced one at least, today :)

• Advertisement

5.00 York

decided to go each way on BOPEDRO 10/1 here

also, the out on their own fav, Yorkshire ~ 11/8 best price atm, is a Harry Angel colt, and the 9yo Irish bred sire's progeny seem to me to appreciate a minimum trip - but shur that's only guesswork and gibberish talk, but will do me as a place-lay here, hopefully. that's if price is similar later. although he finished 2nd over 7fs lto, that race was on AW at Southwell and on the back of a make most run and flailing late on. not sure how dour his staying the trip will be if running from held up off the pace - altho, and more guesswork and gibberish, he do have strong enough stayer in Dalakhani (least i think so😆) in Dam's Sire, Dalakhani

horse just looks to have enough question marks - there be worse short-priced place-lay propositions going today, imo, than Yorkshire

trained by Ed Bethell , so that's a negative as far as I'm concerned, cos he's been in reet good form lately, and has placed his very shrewdly too - none moreso than one he had going last night what fooled me an' j@u an' all, as neither of fancied/backed it , or else were put off by 'notebook' scribblings 😅

he's also called Yorkshire , and goes at York (what used to be in Yorkshire) so there's that , and he's also been well supported here for this 7f Class2 Reg Bond Always And Forever Handicap.. plenty of 'green shoots' for his supporters too,,, so am hoping in a reverse , roundabout , paradoxical and completely non-mathematical way , that too many positives will equal a negative today; plus, perhaps the weight of expectation could bog him down here - with his light weight 😆

Chester 5.45

a mile and a half Class4 handicap. just looked at one here, and the topweight, LIZZIE JEAN ~ 11/1 WIN or EW , will do us here. lightly raced 4yo , just one race on turf so unexposed? , handicap topweight as mentioned , drifted out to fair price. this one from 'shrewd' Ivan Furtado kennels will do 🙂

Mick Appleby gets first winner in long time in the first - the well supported 9/2 shot In The Breeze in 1.15 Haydock , who come fast nd late on outside

no bettee, just an observational postee 👁️‍🗨️

4.05 Chester

CARNIVAL ZAIN WIN 7/1

former CD winner , has decent draw in five to break early and chase pace

• Advertisement

a few placers y'day but narys the winner :(

Fontwell - Good

Astroman ~2/1 won well lto, and with the addition of money he prevailed at Stratford - by a neck. has to repeat that performance and stay an extra ~3.5fs today. no real appeal

Jony Max ~13/8 has alright chasing form from recent times, but can't even consider this one on overall hurdles' form

will go with MONTY'S AWARD ~9/1 EW here. recent form only moderate, but goes well at the course - with one win from three trips there; one run was on soft, so will discount that one. was a staying on fourth last August here on Good ground over ~1/2m shorter, a CD winner two runs later in October

not getting any younger at 11 and only two places available, but price looks fair enough

cases can also be made for 11 race maiden West Orchard, who might be considered value by some @ 13/2 gen (some books going a tick or two more) , as he's only a 6yo, but he's not the most trustworthy

g'l

Curragh - Good

try throw few darts at the lucky last

4 each way picks here

DAME RAPIDE 18/1 , TED HASTINGS 25/1 , THE VERY MAN 13/2 , MORPH SPEED 11/1

jumps cards are mainly unappealing, and so's the majority of this Curragh Meet (regardless of the 'quality' on offer 😏) as far as having a punt goes

those four'll give me summat to wait/hope for, so will try no be tempted to pick from cards where me little clue 😝

will chance one pick over jumps across pond-

Uttoxeter - Good

3.25 3.55

NORTHERN BOUND 22/1 EW

could pick 10 here! the selection goes well over ~2.5m on Good ground (so do a lot of them),, normally runs a mediocre race on comeback run, and lto's was no different. can put in a good round on the back of that poor Chepstow run - one hopes

g'l

EDIT 3.55 , not 3,25

Post edited by hayrabit on

Uttoxeter - Good

a race where quite a few are yet to win, and it's easy enough to pick holes in the form of most of the likely protagonists

pen landed on HE IS A CRACKER ~ 7/2 NB WIN. 7yo gelding is yet to win. has had seven hurdles' runs and two chase ones; and up until lto run his best efforts had been in both those chases - where he placed in each finishing second in one and third in t'other

was well supported on lto run, where he received his best finish to date, by a long way, in that sphere, when finishing 2nd at 14/1.

is down in trip almost two furlongs, but that's negligible at this sorta distance, imo. horse is in form, and they now know how to ride him (mid-div be grand) . Inexperienced jockey, but Isabelle Ryder's (10) been atop the last twice, so she should know enough for today

3/1 looks fair price for this one imo, and even @ ~ 11/4 ya wouldn't be getting mugged, imo

the fav, Elfride ~3/1, is on the drift, is lto CD winner but wasn't fancied then and race was ran in a slow time. can see this one staying on w/o winning or looking likely to.

Hilltown ~ 7/2, has sound claims as is lightly raced. sports first-time cheekpieces, and would be obvious one if ground were on soft side, but it aint , so jury is deffo out on this one - nice overall profile, but me wants to find a findable winner here, and I'm not gonna read much into his soft ground Plumpton victory 2 runs ago, and nor am I gonna read too much into his lto run where he was well supported at Warwick. was pretty good ground then and he made a few mistakes late on. I'm thinking he could be found out here - cheekpieces or no - when taps are turned on

:)

Kelso - Good to Firm

MAURA JEANNE 13/2 WIN/EW nap. has seen some coin but is still a v good price. lightly raced with plenty of scope for improvement. ~3miles on Good ground looks like her optimum conditions. I speculate that this one may go off a lot lot shorter 🤗

looking forwards 😁

Tuesday, 30th May

Brighton - Good to firm - firm in places

a ~6f Class6 handicap. Bobby On The Beat is 9/4 fav, but aint never won on turf. Wiley Post ~3/1, is a standing dish at the course - three of his seven wins have come here, with them all at the five furlongs trip. has only one once over ~6f, and that was on the AW at Kempton

not too worried about the jollies here

Major Gatsby ~ 9/2, shaped as tho a shorter trip might suit, when being well on top in a few of his seven furlongs victories (albeit on the AW) with a few furlongs left to run. hasn't ran much overall at 6f - on Good ground or no - but feeling is this one wants further than the very close to six furlongs trip, here

Bear To Dream ~5/1. this one's a former CD winner what likes to be held up; am hoping she'll have too much to do here, and that the principals will have too much of a 'head start' on her when 'race begins in earnest' 🤗

pen landed on GNAT ALLEY ~10s EW. still in same ownership, but strangely left Tim Easterby's sometime in the last year to go to Conrad Allen's; has had four runs thus far for that trainer - with most of them poor

definitely question marks on most recent form and even unseated rider two runs back. has an absence to overcome, but she won a race this month last year after a longer one

seems to be versatile re how she's ridden in her races; has never raced at the course, but has a 2yo Class4 (off similar rating) win to her name, in a race ran in a fast time way back in Sept '21. is only four, is lightly enough raced, and definitely has potential to outrun her odds

😊

3rd Monty's Award , no good :(

ran creditably for a long way - so won't overrule for another Summer race..

out the places in third, Maura Jeanne - maybe wasn't suited by pace of race. not good enough anyhow

3rd :(

went from front, sent on about 1/2m out, collared ~2 out, and that was it

3.55 Utt, in this race Northern Bound ran well for a long way, but faded out the places :(

Curragh - Good

try throw few darts at the lucky last

4 each way picks here

DAME RAPIDE 18/1 , TED HASTINGS 25/1 , THE VERY MAN 13/2 , MORPH SPEED 11/1

jumps cards are mainly unappealing, and so's the majority of this Curragh Meet (regardless of the 'quality' on offer 😏) as far as having a punt goes

those four'll give me summat to wait/hope for, so will try no be tempted to pick from cards where me little clue 😝

at last a winner :) :) :)

redeemed usselves there , as last year's winner, Dame Rapide, follows up off 13lbs higher with a good ride from 3lbs claiming Apprentice jockey L T McAteer 👊

The Very Man finishes fourth for Jessica

not too bad today 😊

nice when ur down, but get losses back and also end up a few £s up at close to or end of day 😂😎

🙂 🙂 🤗

Ballinrobe - Good

will have four pickes here in Mayo National

PEREGRINE RUN 10/1 EW , WALKING ON GLASS 11/1 EW , WAITNSEE 40/1 EW , ARCHIES CHARM (RES) 16/1 EW

Waitnsee a hopeful pick but t'other three all have sound claims, imo

Life In The Park ~11/4 seems to be a bit of a dubious jumper; is a 6yo , and his first time chase outing was fair impressive when clocking a fast time last Sept at Listowel ; that was a 6 horse race tho, but his form since then has been very uninspiring

Likedwayurthinkin ~4/1 has a good piece of form in coming 2nd here last year - but that about it. am not taking 4/1 on one piece of form that could see him go close; most of his form is mediocre and horse would probably prefer softer ground imo,, easy to leave off

:)

• Advertisement

3.05 Leicester

BERNADINE 15/2 WIN / EW

drifted out to nicer price (were ~9/2 earlier) than one might expect ; has 100+ days' layoff to contend with, and will be first time tackling this sorta trip on turf,, only one I looked at , has a fair few question marks and breeding suggests, perhaps, this one be better over ~7f with mebbe some cut in ground, but she'll do me anyhoo

G'l

5.15 Cartmel

Going is 'Good'

Will oppose Walkin Out ~11/8 and well supported fav, -who's first chase run looked moderate, at best- and chance two just below her in betting:

SO BE IT 7/2 WIN , THE CREADAN ROGUE 7/2 WIN

☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Bernadine won for me before, I wonder if she's gonna handle must faster ground today.

4:48 Leic - let's hope that the first time cheek pieces and firmer surface will bring some improvement form Brooklyn99, 5/1, missed juicer 13/2 earlier but I was working last night late, and had busy morning today, so I didn't have a chance to get on early.

goodonya j@u 👁️‍🗨️

lovely day for it ; glad to hear ur busy missus.... 😃🙂😂😋😆

were busy today usself - was in great outdoors for best part of an hour, gettin' messages and such! weren't so bad, had lovely weather for it anyhoo 🌕️

no rest for unwicked 😂

Sky Channels go up to 999

most are vacant - yet somehow if ya wanna watch racing on TV - and on said TV there be Channel (singular) called Racing TV - you've gottee watch it 'online' and 'on the website' cos could be #"clashing" with another race . #not always , but it do happen

or if ya wanna watch the 'build up' to a particular race at whatever race meeting , you've gottee watch it on a laptop/PC monitor, because one station has rights to broadcast too many race meetings 😓😒

so, watch TV on a computer

this is a regressive step - not a whole lot unlike mobile phones; which used to be a handy size, but now they're biggerer and awkwarder, the bastid things 😒

reason for rant: Steve Cram were at Cartmel race meeting ( (where the usual "just happened to see Steve Cram,," spiel is trotted (pun intendid 😁) out. - yeah right! a bloody English NKM type were 'in contacte' with Cartmel's/Racing TV's 'people' 😏 they aint fooling me 🤣 )

A ' "Goat" Festival ' is what ire Steve were flogging. "No Steve , you're the 'GOAT' "😅:rolleyes:

SIX ruddy minutes talkin' barry to a bloke, and convo were nowt ta dee with ray singh. pharrkks sake 😉😕😴

#neverwasteanopportunitytotekkumbrage#finlandwasrobbedneverforget

#lovelydayfordarace

😁😁

Hola! HT ATR is tipping that Bernadine filly too, so shall we or not? price has shortened though but still backable e/w.

#lovelydayfordarace

indeed mate - yyeh "White Race"

#it'sokaytobeproudtobewhite#whyit'sdeemedcontroversialisanutterfarkinruddytravesty :( 😪 😏

alrighht @hayrabit .. hope ur catchn a fewv o' them elusive winnas m8 😎

I also went with the fav in 4:51 Windsor race, she (Senesi) won too easy lto and very likely to repeat that today, my notebook had other two selections for the same race but I don't think their chances are better (Mr Boson, Gwendolina).

'GET ON' woman !!

a stone cold cert is lil Berns 😂😃 ya knows it makes sense 👁️‍🗨️

:) :)

I might have exaggerated a bit there, j@u , but I like Bernadine cos i won on her before, so that clouds us judgement a bit, woman, so dinnae mind us, luv 😅

ee , i like sunny dayz, me, i do.... 😤

• Advertisement

@jn1 @ #@j@utis 👯

can't rule out Senesi in that Wdr 4,51 race, j. that were a good piece of form at Redcar lto, altho it were race ran in slow time... can't fault the form and i make this one about a 9/4 shot, so north of that be value, imo :)

might go with summat else, me..

were tryna make a case for Gwendolina ~66/1 as a second pick here. is drawn in box nine and is a try make all type - was thinking she'd go off hammer 'n tongs 'nd mebbe hold on for a place. another one close to her (in box seven) is Mr Boson ~3/1 2nd fav, who may also utilise same tactic, and Windsor seems stiffish 1mile, so will leave @Gwendolina off methinks,,,

one of Hannon's has seen some coin. his Dubawi filly, Oriental Dancer ~5/1, should appreciate this stiff mile, and perhaps a holdup ride will be in order?

it's his other one that interests me. The #Oasis Dream colt, ADWAN 14/1 EW NB, is well bred,, got his act together on most recent start and proved he is getting used to game when running a good third place finish at Lingfield in January. that were his first start as a 3yo, and for all that he has an absence to ovecome, he do look value at t'prices - have him as no bigger than 9s, meself

# if ur e'er in a "foreign" (not close to home that is 😄 ) bookies or at track , out and about , whatever , and ya wanna appear knowledgeable ; and ya happen to be with a mate or summat (and there's other folks in close proximity,,, that bit's crucial! 😁) , say summat like: "jayz, I really like that (insert rellevant sire - not the horsey in q's name) gelding, filly , mare , colt , etc,, !!" folk within earshot think: "japers , that person's fair knowledgeable.. " , so kudos and ego boost in t'offing 😃

#neverwasteanopportunitytoappearknowledgeabletorandomstrangers#especiallyiflikelihoodofeverseeingthemagainis#highlyunlikely 😆

#methinkmebackupickaswell@#j@u#gwansenesi 🙂

GL and have fun :smileface: 🙉

😊

Advertisement