Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I finished the Rito one last night after getting distracted half way through and going exploring. It was good fun, took me a few attempts to beat the boss, it was challenging but not stupid.

The Shrines are my favourite part of the game, same as BOTW, but I haven't found that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,594 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I find flying up off the towers at night means you can spot a few from each tower - mark a stamp on them.

Yea I might try that.

Are all the towers obtainable from the very start of the game? In BOTW, because you had to climb them some were very difficult to get up until you bumped your stamina.

I might just try get all the towers next before going for the next big quest.

First thing I did was open them all up yeah. Same in BOTW but a few of them were tougher alright.

One more question, I have 2 empty spots in my ability wheel, 1 oclock and 5 oclock.

Without spoiling, do you get these spots filled via the some story moment that's hard to miss, or do I need to go hunting for how to unlock them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Anyone else caught in a catch 22 where you run from stronger enemies because your weapons are rubbish ~20 attack and you'd go through all of them and then some.... But you aren't bothered faffing about figuring out how this whole Fusing magical unicorn horns to a stick makes it a +99 Gleeok smasher

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm waiting on the lab in hateno to open so I can get the shrine locator upgrade. It was fierce handy in botw.

Finding a few areas have shrines that are very difficult to find with a lot buried in caves or in valleys that make them hard to see from heights. I've found absolutely bugger all in the hateno area. Also the underground sometimes has the roots very difficult to find but they are a good indicator of where a shrine is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Pretty sure you will fill those in if you follow one of the main-ish storylines given near the start just a little way. I'll say who gives you the quest in spoilers just in case .

EDIT: spoiler tag didn't work so removed

Thanks, I am pretty sure I know who you mean, I skipped over those quests at the time.

• Advertisement

I was a bit like that early on but what I've started to do is go to my menu, sort by attack power and pick out five of the highest items I have. I dump them on the ground and then just randomly fuse whatever plain weapons I have available. Leaves me with a bunch of weird and wonderful powerful-ish weapons in no time so I don't mind when they break.

Word to the wise the lab doesn't just open after time passes, you need to kick it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭bren2001

Yeah, the Fuse thing is slightly tiring. On one hand, I don't really bother and run from bigger enemies because I am too lazy. On the other hand, I also don't want to use my "good" fuse items early game. I'd prefer to hold onto them when I have stronger weapons and even stronger enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Robbie says he’ll go back when the girl is finished her research. So you gotta give her a dig out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My best weapons are from fusions with materials left behind by bosses. So you need to kill some bosses to get kitted out to take on other bosses.

If you land on one of the dragons flying about you can get pieces of them which apparently are excellent for high power fusing. And elemental too I assume. I picked some up off the Ice dragon but haven't fused yet.

And I don't mean the usual bits you get from shooting at them. Each one seems to have a good chunk of items you can pick up around their horns on their back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

World definitely feels smaller in this one with way less in it compared to Breath of the Wild I'm struggling with a couple of the enemies and unlocking one last tower went into the depths for the first time earlier need to do more shrines get more hearts find restless lizards for the stamina elixir and try to do a few side quests for upgrades.

It is a very different game to Botw found 2 more of my amiibo one of which surprisingly spawned Epona up on a damn Sky Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

It's gone a bit quiet in here. Like me, people are probably a bit burnt out from the game and are now eagerly playing Gollum instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Duplicate item glitch is fixed in latest patch!!!

Do not update from 1.1.1 if you want to limit the grind for outfit/battery upgrade parts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well I messed up.

Warning for endgame (I think) spoilers ahead

In the Imprisoning chamber and the others have joined, but the gloom has done a lot of damage so I only have a max of 5 hearts. I assumed would get an opportunity to recover or get back to the surface somehow. So may have to cut my losses, teleport out, stock up and make my way back down again.

Didn't help there seem to be some areas where can't avoid walking through the gloom.

Think I'll go back up anyway to play and explore a bit more anyway.

Only have 60 shrines and about 7 or 8 roots

Spent 3 hours chasing that dragon around the place and getting sidetracked/killed in the process. Still haven't managed to land on him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

God damn but I'm getting my backside handed to me by the mobs; especially those f*ckers chucking explosive barrels at me. Sometimes all that chill I spoke of goes out the window all the same, lol.

Headed off to Hebra but really had trouble with the cold, such that I'm wondering was that the direction to go. Initial main quests do point me there so I guess so?

I do like that my Breath of the Wild horses appeared at the stable; that's a really nice touch.

Huh? Burnt out on what? We're too busy playing the game lol

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭HotWaterCylinder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Sort of jumping off that, I do wonder if those people that complain of BotW/TotK burnout are the same that say there's too much food at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

I went there first and had gotten a cold resistant armour from the opening sky island already. You can make a lot of warming potions and the quest should lead you to some cold resistant armours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The cool random bits you find along the way continue to delight in this. A ring dive off a sky island straight into an unexpected downhill shield-surfing course is the most recent little diversion that just made me go ‘now this is how open worlds should work!’

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭jj880

Can't get enough myself. Only just got autobuild and am ploughing through the depths. Got my armour and tablet levelled up and on 80 shrines so lightroots and shrine sensor should get me well over 100 soon. I take breaks but mostly because Ive other things that need done. Missus caught me daydreaming a few times and said "you're thinking about Zelda aren't you?" I deny it of course but we both know its a lie 😅. Been banished off the biggest TV in the house also as no-one has got to watch anything for 2 weeks. Office room is now a zelda dungeon. Long may it continue!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh my god. Of course: I have fluffy trousers from the first Sky Island. I completely forgot about that. (sidebar, was there more than just the trousers up there?)

• Advertisement

40 hours in and only found those trousers yesterday 😏

Spent a fortune elsewhere buying cold resistant pants.

Advertisement