Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Regarding Ruth faded

Hillview battled like a mofo in coming 2nd to the far superior Twig - who justified the massive support.. thought Hillview was going to win for a fair few strides up stretch, but jolly just had far too much in hand

ran a great race Hillview

try one more

7.50 Donc

ROUNDHAY PARK 20/1 EW

price is very tempting. goes well over 6f and is a CD winner on soft - acts very well on good ground as well

gd enuf for me.

early days, but a strange looking second fav at Doncaster in the last race there @8.50

Zafaan been gambled into ~9/4 second fav with books - yet is available to back at ~ 5/1 (~6.0) on exchanges 😥

only for small money atm, but looks unusual enough nonetheless

was thinking of laying this one for places, if @ ~5/2-3/1 range, for win

Roundhay Park no good today

having no cover from over on far side and just behind raceleader possibly didn't help

won't overrule for another time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Sorry to thread hijack! If anyone has a Racing Post digital subscription could they drop me a PM?

I am tracking their GAA tips here but missed their hurling selections last weekend. Looking for the Saturday May 13th Irish Edition. Would be greatly appreciated!

wrong thread - delete

• Advertisement

7,05 Windsor

take chance on ALICE KNYVET 20/1 EW here. looks wide open this. staying the 1m trip prolly more a '?' than the 138 days' absence for Roger Charlton Acclamation filly

gl

@Same As don't have RP subscription, soz

will also go win on Varian's FLEURIR 7/1 in that 7.05. looks like a mile on proper good ground be right up the 3yo daughter of Justify's street

take chance on WRECKING BALL PAUL 12/1 EW in Roscommon 8.25

has gone off shorter prices over similar trips, albeit at beginning of year on AW at Dundalk

thinking is horse may prefer better ground than recent outings- and trainer wanting get a winner for his son(?) , R M Mulligan ; even if this 5yo gelding appears more bred for t'jumps. onliest nag i looked at here

:)

hadn't realised he were 40/1 shot earlier !

dunno if that's good or bad - latter is tissue fav tbf 👁️‍🗨️

• Advertisement

two picks both ran prominent

only 4th Alice Knyvet - lost third on the line :(

11/1 winner High Spirited wid nae have been on us shortlist

Fleurir in bit of barging match late on. might've cost her a place, but wouldn't have won as looked beat at that stage

PRIDE OF NEPAL looks a bit big at 6s in delayed 7.35 Wdr

no good

possibly did too much too soon chasing gambled on Five Zeros,, either way, no good, horse was beaten docket ~3fs or so out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Fleurir was in my notebook but I got distracted with other things I forgot to check it out later in the day and for the better.

I'm not digging very deep today... 3:40 Wolves - Written Broadcast 11/4 (just missed 3/1, op 10/3), doesn't have the greatest strike rate but has been knocking on the door lately, few others with the claims on falling marks and all, but this one has been very consistent the last two months and today could be the day.

2:40 Wolves - Apache Star 1 win and 2 places out of 21 starts, 0/7 over this distance... but put D Muscutt into the saddle and you have a favorite... I'll side with on of the CD winners in this at e/w odds and that is Street Life 11/2. Red Walls gets a visor slapped on today, if he takes to it - could be the answer to this too.

And two crazy big risk ones (big risk = big reward, we know that 😂) 2:53 Brighton - White Mist 11/1 and 6:30 Ayr - Tasfir 20/1, the later is absolutely nuts because of Cam Hardie riding, i.e. training on the racecourse... small e/w both, no extra places on PP.

WD j@u ! 😁 7/2 winner deserves a BOOOOM in any man / woman / womxn's langue de guerre 😀

ee luv - u've picked two first past post thar. me likes to see it !!

A great shift today missus 👁️‍🗨️

me no doing owt much 2day; gr8 to see JN1 knockin' em in 🙌

7.10 Gowran Park

Going is supposedly "Good"

a lot of the single-figured ones can go well - most have recent placed form, and plenty with course/cd form, but none o' em, imo, have CD winning form on the 'Good' ground there

an #outsider with a squeak comes in shape of Charles Coakley's Salt Whistle Bay. has not won in a while, but has won over that distance and on Good ground o'er in England. can go well after an absence, but represents no value @ #11/1 = no longer an outsider 🤣

pen landed on PLUGGED IN 18s EW. has an absence to contend with, but is a winner over a ~mile on good ground at Bellewstown last yr, and has also gone close over CD a few times - w/o winning

an unlikely winner, imo, but has only ran 13 times to date. looks to have solid place claims here. am thinking a hold-up ride be in the offing

8,10 Gowran Park

in last at Gowran, me has it 'narrowed down' to four 😂

gi'e usself a ~40+% chance of catchin' winner

shortist is as such:

JAWHARY , CELTIC REVIVAL , KALU PANDE & SWELLTIME

last two renewals of this have gawrn to box no's 11 & 17, so that's main focus here in awkward race with moderate dual purpose horses

pen eventually landed on JAWHARY(16) 20/1 EW & SWELLTIME(10) 4/1 WIN . no strong fancies here at all at all - too wide open for strong fancy, plus both me picks are fair skimpy prices, so shrapnel only hyah

g'l

• Advertisement

8.30 Ayr

TANGLED 11/1 EW NB is plummeting down weights, has had a pipe-opener lto over 6fs at the course. has a few wins @ ~7f on top of t'ground. goes well in June/July period from back in t'day form - tis almost June now🙂 is dropped into Grade/Class6 for 1st (afaik) time ever, so plenty of cause perhaps, for shrewder than me punters to engage in a bout of handrubbing pre and post race 😄

MONHAMMER 9/1 EW. is a CD winner from last Sept on Good to Soft. has won on Good(Good to Firm) at Musselburgh in month previous - o'er simila trip. last three runs certainly temper enthusiasm, tbs, but will do me anyroad as a second selection 'ere

Gl

3rd - Plugged in

that'll do us; horse were there or thereabouts from a close to pace ride (not held up like me speculated) , and were never looking likely far as winning goes - from about 1.5fs out, but was good enough to hold on for a place

Thankee, little profit today to cover yesterday's losses 🤣 breaking even isn't a bad thing I suppose. GL with your evening punts.

nowt from those two :(

winner come from Emmet Mullins' yard. All In Peder were 11/4 this morn, but wins at 14s!! hard to overlook his jumpers on level, but couldn't make case for that one

a lot of winners / placers in times recent what were massive drifters - least that's what i've noticed

🙂🙂

neither of 'em involvede in finish :(

Tangled prolly didn't have much cover on far wing, and Monhammer broke late

anudder poor day 😪

Outsiders did what outsiders do - bring the rear of the pack back home 😂

dat's the right attitude j@u 😂

expect worse nd hope for t'best 🤗 should right that into us notebook - wud save us some coin no doubt.. "be not unhappy after losing, me" or summat like that; be's good advice pour moi et leff 🙂

Don't chase your losses, your'e trying to say ;) I also don't bet when I win on the first bet - I just like being "up" on the day 😁

ya gottit in one 😂

tis a long day lookin' at four walls if getting winner in first - many's the losing day started off with winner :(

anyroad, summat to consider,, reckon me could mekk it pay if me got €100,000 loan - even on a losing day, balance be so big me widnae mind if i were doon a cupla hundert o' them yoyos

when pot is small, the psychological damage being down 10 or 22 yoyos often makes non-disciplined degenerate punter try git it back

no good that as long-term plan - i'll psychoanalyze usself nd get to root cause o' us indiscipline 😂

anyway , there be other days - day/s after tomorrow are 'other' days too

"the day after and days after tomorrow are also other days - the morrow aint the only one"

put that in us notebook an' all 👁️‍🗨️

• Advertisement

i look at one for later in week

Thursday 25th May

Wolverhampton - Standard

ZENO WIN+EW . an 8/1 shot in paper for this 6f Class4 3/5-y-o Restricted Novice Stakes. Bobby C's 3-y-o colt were slow away on first start - which were over CD - and finished close enough in 5th place, beaten only ~3lgths

broke awkwardly lto an all, at Nottingham, and tried to lead/make all over 5fs. was hot contest and on heavy enough going, and the pick weakened quickly about 2fs out; can safely draw line thru that running, imo. if building on first run, then this one should surely be involved at finish - will find oot if jolly is as bombproof as early tissue/prob sp odds suggest

Prescott's Ottoman Prince is very short in provisional odds, with paper quoting this Zoffany gelding as a 1/4 shot ! has had two very good runs at backend of last year, but they were both over 7furlongs and both at Chelmsford. different trip/different surface makes this jolly worth taking on, least in my notebook it does 😄

six only due to line up so only 2places, but apart from Prescott's (and very hard to make case for t'newcomers) Zeno looks to be, at worst, 2nd best in this field, in ma humbill

g'nite

Advertisement