Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

thankee missus 😊

u is nice 😂

see TM interviewed there - when asked about ground: (paraphrasing a tad here - don't recollect Mr Doyle's exact words) "getting worse , wet out there , dunno what'll it be like for tomorrow,,, "

it's like the jockeys are loathe to say "Heavy" all over (if tis Heavy, and may well be) as far as going deterioration goes,, similar if Going (early in day) was good to soft; if it got worser, they don't like saying: "it's all soft now" ; nope, tis likely they'll say "good to soft - soft here and there, down the back , up the stretch,,, blahdiblahh""

humbug 😒

WD Hugh Taylor - ya cute kerntt !

prolly copied me picks , nd picked best o' em 😁

5.25 GP

long layoff, so WIN only on QUEEN OF SEDUCTION 6/1

fekkit, tried to back that last winner at Fontwell there - Mullinaree @ ~ 3s on exchange - just before off, but price'd gone; too late then to put owt on 😪😒

lay C Byrne's short priced jolly for places as well in GP race - just because :)

Gl

tomorrow: Chelmsford

7,o'c

do XAVIERA 16/1 each way, or don't 😋 🤣

seems to be 14/16 to one shot - me layer aint offering owt pricewise on that particular race yet, so not full sure on price - 6.30 in le pm will tell us more - not that i care way me picks been going today

far as racing/punting goes, am done with today, me

#badbeatsabitch

G'Luck ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

That must be it 🤣 I'm stuck with Gwendolina in the last in Kempton which is going against HT 2pts pick, o dear...

Following the race, Charles Bishop reported that REVENUE (IRE), which started favourite and finished third, was hampered by a goose approximately 3 furlongs out.

I didn't see that, so went to check it out, hilarious, horse trampled the goose that flew into the race course at the wrong time, silly goose basically.

🤤 found that race eventually - didnae know what race u was on ahbaht missus 😛

anyroad, it were won by Rhiain, so "Notebook job" Tears Of A Clown

that's two i should insert to us notebook !! and Gowanlad also, whart gi'e half decent showing at Newcastle last race on Monday

GL with @Gwendolina in second last at Kempton, missus 🤣

might chance her meself. me reckons Clive Cox filly has reet good chance, and 13/2 looketh tasty 🤣

don't know what oor drty chhetin kuunt of a jock Shoemark was at - FKK Punting !!! 😒

• Advertisement

am disgusted missus

doin nowt til Sat'dee, me 😧

brutally chronic is most favourable way i can describe that #"tiktak" of Willie's 😓

#not exactly up there with summat Ryan Moore done years ago on some course what had trees on it - forget the race, but he won from complete opposite side of what t'others were racing on,,, Shoemark, (today) , on the other hand, goes {pretty much} the "WRONG EFFING WAY" for 50yards or so 😲 #that's not any kind of "possible racewinning 'tactic' " what can be explained using any kind of logic known to man 😴

am too traumatised to study for tomorrow - think it's la "BabeNations" nd "A Place in t'Sun" for us in days upcoming, our j@u 😃

btw, that were a "Yorkshire" us in line above , ie "me" is what's meant by us 😊

GL with ur puntees missus anyhoo - hopefully you can treat defeat , victory and crooked rides (esp crooked rides) all with the same disdain and indifference, and no let it affect your racereading abilities in races upcoming thereafter 🤗

tekk us a while to get over that - be at least bedtime before pain eases ;)

no matter what happened or transpired at the start (that us TV/Bookies' Feeds viewers couldn't possible be expected to see) - if indeed he was possibly "forced" to go left - Shoemark definitely owes us punters an explanation

oh, and well done to the horse (or, "punters" who'd have backed said horse, moreso) that placed 10th 😲 - it was enough to win "Match Bet" 'tween him and another horse - latter which did well to lose that match, given it were only a 13 runner field!! had i had backed King Kraken @ ~ 11/8 to "win" a "match-bet" in a 13 runner affair, and le bette was victorious, and my ("winning") pick obliges by coming 4th last , then even if i was losing for t'day, it'd seem like a "winning" one,,,,,

,,,,,, and vice versa, obvs 😃😅😓😪😒

:) :) :)

The performance of GWENDOLINA which started second favourite and finished unplaced, was considered. The representative of Clive Cox could offer no explanation for the filly’s performance other than a report from Kieran Shoemark that GWENDOLINA was slowly away.

I was expecting a bit more than that...

Anything for today, boss? Have you got on all the HT tips before he even announced them? 😂

I have no time for HR today, placed a few quickies and I'm off to work... I have a small interest in 5:43 Sth, 8:10 Thsk and 8:30 Cfc 😁 C ya!

HT "the most unassuming etc man,,,, " ,, am paraphrasing Blake from his appearance y'day on ATR

course he's "unassuming" - would hardly make sense to big himself up,,,, given those +% profits he's supposed to make don't stand up to any realistic scrutiny,,, prices that were scarce available at the time and/or trimmed, regardless, shortly thereafter - divide Mr T's %Points profit by 2 be a lot more realistic i'd say

nope missus; me aint done all of HT's in advance, in no small part cos me were no doing any study for today,, just me 7,0'c Chelly pick what I picked oot ~ Tuesday evening

sometimes "no explanation" is all it takes - that's the game 😒

Anything for today, boss? Have you got on all the HT tips before he even announced them? 😂

ta for the laugh - were "reet funny" as up folk Up North sayeth 😂

g'luck with ur secret picks anyhoo missus !

Ascot - Saturday

Soft-heavy in places on round course

2,40 Victoria Cup

allowing for ground no better than soft; for reaons multitudinous, us pen landed on these five

TOTALLY CHARMING 8/1 EW , PEROTTO 14/1 EW , SAFE VOYAGE 16/1 EW , ZIP 28/1 EW & ADMIRAL D 20/1 EW

slightly worried about Clive Cox pair: Kingdom Come ~ 7/1 featuring man of the hour 😂😓 Kieran "Willie Shoemaker" Shoemark , as horse is on upgrade but untested on Soft going & River Nymph ~ 12/1 who's a former winner of this race from 2021, but has had no prep run this year, so jury is out on Adam Kirby mount

even money Taylor picks one o' us five potentialles, above,,, was 11/8, but that was "snapped up" in seconds - some "shrewd oddscheckers" are scratchin' they heads wondering where TF the 'supposed' 11/8 was ever offered up - by any real or imaginary (obvs, as is for purposessss amusemawnt - but ye principle <of prices 'claimed' by HT fanbois/hungry corporate koonts🙄> of the ostensibly "unavailable" prices standeth) layers, was e'er available at - for any kinda coin 😪🙄😒

mebbe go €2 win + €2 each way on ye five picks , but doin' nowt til late tomorrow eve or Saturday - can neither trust the Going nor tipster Hugh Taylor's reputed P/L +Profit figures, being two solid racing/punter maxims; meaning ground could well be Good to Firm yet, so keep powder dry for anudder 24 hrs at least 🤣

weather forecast saying raining today+tomorrow at Berkshire track, and cloudy and sunny come Sat'dee

:)

Thirsk - Soft

ACLAIM TO FAME 9/2 WIN NAP , HAPPIER 16/1 EW

G'l

8,10 Thirsk

SPARKS FLY 11/4 WIN

8,30 Chelmsford

wide open race with not a lot of out and out pace on, so it would seem - KENTUCKY KINGDOM 7/2 EW is one what had an apprentice atop last two rides, but Joe Leavy(7) is now replaced by Duggie - who's a good man on a hold-up ride and has won twice on horse before

t'gambled on Semser @ ~ 7/4 fav appeals if going on last CD run (August '22) when winning Class5 affair in a very fast time. has a tendency to be slow away, and wasn't fast out the gates when gaining that CD success 5 runs back, but has flopped last four starts since then - none of 'em at Chelmsford. would've appealed at earlier 7/2, but with the shrewd Moore coin coming, i think he represents zero value here

no joy with nap , but Happier places 2nd = tis summat 🙂

Sparks Fly !!

good girl Laura 😁 early doors 10/11 jolly 😮 wins by ~ 6lgths @ 15/8 😁

drift were "wrongk" - ole leff: he knew 🤣 🙂

🙆

8.45 Thirsk

MAGICAL EFFECT 16/1 EW

g'l in wide open race :)

• Advertisement

8,30 Chelmsford

wide open race with not a lot of out and out pace on, so it would seem - KENTUCKY KINGDOM 7/2 EW is one what had an apprentice atop last two rides, but Joe Leavy(7) is now replaced by Duggie - who's a good man on a hold-up ride and has won twice on horse before

t'gambled on Semser @ ~ 7/4 fav appeals if going on last CD run (August '22) when winning Class5 affair in a very fast time. has a tendency to be slow away, and wasn't fast out the gates when gaining that CD success 5 runs back, but has flopped last four starts since then - none of 'em at Chelmsford. would've appealed at earlier 7/2, but with the shrewd Moore coin coming, i think he represents zero value here

no good - out money in third; jock finding trouble didn't 'elp :(

take a chance on GLOBAL STYLE 20/1 EW in last Chelmsford @ 9,o'c

forgot about this one

rubbish, 2nd last of 7, pick finished :(

Thanks to Sparkies bringing some $$$ home because my AW picks were rubbish too 🤣

today's darts

7.20 Kilbeggan

in a race which sees McNally's Dreal Deal gambled into 2/1 fav, and one which looks wide open, i've gone for two here:

EYE VAN 10/1 WIN+EW ,, cos i backed him before, wears first time cheekpieces and is trying fences for first time - can't be ruled out

PAUL MARVEL 7/1 WIN ,, another first time chaser in a race where some have already gotten experience over bigger obstacles; this one of WPM's has drifted to decent price, and has only had the three hurdles' runs to date so am hoping logic is that chasing is t'Grey's game

none of top three in betting are (to me anyhoo) 'screaming out to be backed' neither

nowt wrong with prices of me picks in a race that's very tricky

☺️

8.40 Nottingham

Close Quarters appeals on form (4th last time on soft - by Fast Company what thrive on heavy) but not on price : 11/8 from ~ 11/4. only had the six runs but price looks skinny nonetheless

not a massively confident one here: ENDERMAN 11/2 WIN mainly races on AW or on Good ground, but his only win from 29 runs come over the 6furlong trip at Redcar on Soft, and has come 4th before on his only go on proper Heavy ground - albeit way back in Oct '21 at Leicester

would've backed fav if me looked at race earlier , but me didn't , so just small win on t'pick

gl

price getting chopped on Enderman last few minutes (nowt ta do with me 🙂) ,, just as me were having me €2.50 win at the 6s stated, the price shortened into 11/2 😆

seems to be a 9/2 shot now - don't mean he'll win tho, obvs 🤗

all told a poor showing by the picks - from about 1/2mile out writing were pretty much on t'wall for t'brace :(

• Advertisement

note to self and whoever's chooned in: Ed Bethell stable going well recently, so'll keep an eye out on his horses in days upcoming

Ed's runners in next few days:

Ed Bethell

Track Trainer

Last Winner

Coverdale (IRE)

5/6Fav, Callum Rodriguez

Nottingham Fri, 12th May, 23

Runs Since Last Winner

Days Since Last Winner

Last Runner

Coverdale (IRE)

1st, 5/6Fav, Callum Rodriguez

Nottingham Fri, 12th May, 23

Runs

Wins

Places

Win %

€Earnings

€1 Level Stk

Last 21 Days (Flat)

21.05%

€50337.62

€-1.54

• Last 21 Days
    • Entries
    • Stats

Date Course

Conditions

Runner/Weight/Jockey

OR

Class

13May23 Hay

7f. GS 3y Hcap (25K)3

James Mchenry 9-3 Callum Rodriguez

13May23 Lei

7f. H 3y+ Mdn (10K)4

Lowton 9-4 Phil Dennis

14May23 Ham

6f. GS 3y Hcap (29K)4

Mountain Warrior 9-7 Callum Rodriguez

14May23 Ham

1m. 1f. GS 3y+ Hcap (29K)4

Nigwa 9-9 Callum Rodriguez

16May23 Bev

1m. 1f. GS 3y Hcap (8K)5

Tiamat 9-4

17May23 Yor

6f. GS 4y+ Hcap (40K)2

Regional 9-4 Callum Rodriguez

17May23 Yor

7f. GS 3y Hcap (25K)3

Yorkshire 8-11 Callum Rodriguez

18May23 New

1m. S 3y+ Hcap (10K)5

Tiamat

18May23 Yor

5f. GS 4y+ Hcap (35K)2

Regional

18May23 Yor

7f. GS 4y+ Hcap (50K)2

Point Lynas

18May23 Yor

1m. 3f. GS 3y Hcap (25K)3

Coverdale

27May23 Hay

5f. 3y+ F (125K)1(Grp 2)

Sandbeck 9-3

24Aug23 Yor

6f. 2y F (300K)2

Angel Of England 9-2

26Aug23 New

6f. 2y F (100K)2

Rich Glory 9-1

07Oct23 New

6f. 2y F (150K)2

Mickley 8-9

07Oct23 New

6f. 2y F (150K)2

Rich Glory 8-11

seems to be a trainer on the up. normally don't pass to much remarks on 'trainer form' , but he's getting a lot of winners to be fair to him - don't think his mother (?) (Harriet) was ever as prolific; think he took licence over from her. small sample size of runners granted

Advertisement