Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'm wondering if HT is gonna tip Obama Army tomorrow again (8:45 Bath)? He did it last time (on 5th of may) but OA became a non-runner. 4/1 is the best available odds now, it's a big field, I'm not tempted at that price.

In 3:00 York, Australian horse is interesting with Ryan Moore booked, The Astrologist 13/2, I'll have a nibble. Highfield Princess had a magnificent year last year but that was last year, they rice and fall, you know. Well, I don't know, I don't have a clue how to interpret high class races form, so now I better go back to more manageable class 6 muck in Bath 🤣

1:50 York, hot fav La Yakel got pulled from the race with less than an hour to the start time, must be something really unfortunate that the big trainer (Haggas) couldn't anticipate; it looked like La Yakel was set to win the race for him the 3rd year running. I have no bet in it but Crystal Delight is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jamieon

Very tough race to pick the winner in my opinion. I just liked the way creative force did it the last day. I was at the Curragh to see Highfield Princess last on champions day and it was a super performance.

Crystal Delight was also not in the mood for racing, hung badly off the final bend.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's basically point of shoot and go with what arrow lands on type of pick...

In first in Bath 5:10, I'll go with Symbol of Hope to repeat his last performance here, loves Bath racecourse going by the records, and he's still a few pounds below the highest winning mark, around 7/2 at the moment. Main market principle, Shesadabber is draw wider this time in stall 10, was drawn 1 when followed Symbol of Hope home last time, so there's chance that she's gonna go after some other slow ar$e and gets stuck there. Fair and Square on career low mark 52-5 jockey's claim, went close here of 63, not without a chance but his last race was YESTERDAY, and he didn't shine there, so no go. GL.

No luck in 3 o'clock race, I didn't get to see it live and now they won't put up the replay because of Creative Force breaking down 😥

Symbol of Hope wins but PP is not giving best odds again, so I'm not being paid out 11/2 FFS. Time to open an account with another bookies I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

WD with @Symbol Of Hope @j@u 😊

noice winna winna 🙂

one for Friday

York - Good-good to firm in places

t'Clipper 1.50 Yk

lot of ones near top of market could mekk this a burn up by setting fast pace from get go

pen landed on two:

BEENHAM ~9/1 EW . hoping this one acts on Good to firm (jury's out on a lot of 'em in that regard tbf) . made all on her 2nd running to win at Goodwood on Good to Soft (Good in places) earlier this month; race was ran in under 60seconds, which is fair decent as far as <early> 2yo turf form goes

came third in her first race from held up back of midfield. one that won that day - Juniper Berries - is warm order for Conditions Stakes tomorrow, the 2.05 Salisbury, and that Juniper Berries is currently trading @ ~ 11/10 to become a 2 from 2 winner.

DOROTHY LAWRENCE ~ 6/1 WIN. she came third behind the impressive winner, Persian Dreamer, on both their first starts in £30,000 Maiden at Newmarket last month. experience should stand Dorothy in good stead - she tried to lead that day at headquarters (on her own side) but ultimately weren't good enuf - despite a late rally. If Persian Dreamer don't like to hear her hooves rattling, then perhaps Karl Burke's filly can prevail here. Sire of pick, Soldier's Call, had a winner (Indication Call) on top o' t'ground o'er t'minimum at Ayr earlier in t'month, which were also trained by Burke

good news from t'Beeb re weather. with their usual "extreme weather" (floods abroad/sun shining - strange stuff indeed 😃) warnings, and "hottest ever" temps and t'likes, t'Going may well be Firm come Friday!! 🤣

• Advertisement

8.10 Bath

STAR SIGHT 12/1 EW . backed at bigger (~18s earlier on) prices earlier, is well drawn in box 6 (last two renewals won by those drawn in boxes 8 & 7 resp.)

will overlook last two races, as lto running was over 10fs on Soft ground, and penultimate outing was on AW at Wolves (after absence) - where chasing pace from high draw prolly weren't best idea

her third last run saw her come 2nd over the same trip as today's on the AW at Chelmsford last Nov

price aint at all overly generous and t'Filly's ability to act on Good ground needs to be taken on trust

Menuisier don't send many to this course, and he's zero from four sent there since 2010 (? - not sure how long he's been training, but I don't think it goes as far back as start of last decade) , and this one has reasonable chance of getting "Daveed" off Bath "cold list"

do us for shrapnel anyroad

g'l

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭standardg60

8.00 Perth

Having a nibble on not the chablis here, ran in the same race as arnica who won the 7.00 and theirshegoes ran very well yesterday before fading on the run in

came with a late wet sail, Not The Chablis,, good run - be shorter nto unfortunately tho,, 4th, the bloke is saying horse finished, so no each waye payday there

no good Star Sight, finished well back - was unable to keep tabs on em from ~rear midfield possy

Cruised around but the drift from 9s to 14s meant today wasn't the day, definitely nto. The form from the Am Hcp on the 26th is certainly worth keeping an eye on, all runners so far from it have run really well. I backed Theirshegoes yesterday e/w and she cruised clear turning for home but didn't stay, keep an eye nto.

will do - I keep eye out for those two: Not The Chablis & Theirshegoes 👍️

David Probert has ridden the fav in the 8.45 at Bath but looks to be preferring Racing Demon here, good enough for me.

Obama Army 10/3 wins the last in Bath. But I didn't have a bet on :sad face:

Absolutely robbed there!

Another 10 yds and he would have been up.

weird-ass nap time :eek: 😂

tomorrow: Thu 18th May

Salisbury - Good

have it in me noggin that a lot of these are either untested at the trip, and/or they won't like 'Good' ground ie Prescott's 5/4 fav True Legend is by Camelot, and perhaps Soft/Heavy Going would be more to the 3yo colt's liking

anyhow, something has to win this (and am hoping it aint fav) and guesswork : "goes/likely goes on ground / looks likely enough on breeding" kinda shoitetalk don't always equate to either finding losers or winneres - 't'aint an exact science tbs ;)

don't know why exactly, and being by Expert Eye, RHYTHM DANCER ~ 50/1 NAP, would prolly prefer softer / has nowt but rubbish formlines, and didn't stay in her second and third (most recent) outings on the AW when competing over 11 & 12Fs resp.

mebbe it's cos I'm seeing 2006 Derby winner, Sir Percy, as Dam's Sire, and it'll be the 3yo Filly's first ever run on turf that makes me think she can possibly outrun her odds.

could be an unlikely 1st(?) winner for new training duo: Rachel & Bridger; after it seems yet another joint-licence been taken out ~ last month - if i aint mistaken

2nd pick:

GRAHAM 14/1 EW NB. looks far more likely proposition than nap selection. won't need no 'quick reminder/s' 😆 to back this one. had his fourth run lto and that was after an absence. didn't seem to act too well on the soft/heavy ground at Windsor last month - when finishing fourth over a 1/2furlong (approx) shorter trip. is bred by Time Test and Dam's Sire is by Galileo, and is therefore a half-brother to eg, Tim Easterby's Gibside, who is one that has gone well in the past - and as a 3yo - over ~1.5m and on top of the ground at them distances. trainer Richard Hannon won this renewal 2yrs ago - plenty o' green shoots. would be Nap vote material on another day 🤣

ancillary prediction: Graham goes orf a lot shorter than the currently available 14s - perhaps aroond 7s ?

g'l

☺️

• Advertisement

unlucky with yer picks, for reasons various, in last at Bath, folks :(

1st and 3rd so good shouts there 😊

York - Good-good to firm in places

ya could pick ten out of the 14 runners here and still not consider yerself a practical shoe in so far as getting l'elusive winner

topweight don't generally seem to prevail here is about only obvious looking trend i can find

pen landed on GHATHANFAR ~18/1 EW. from the lowly Tracy Waggott stable, this one is a former CD winner (Class4 July '22)

between turf and AW this one has won at trips of 5 , 6 & 7 furlongs, and off a rating as high as 83 (85 rated today)

is well out of form recently, but i aint too worried about that

on a good/going day this one is able to either lead or lie up with the pace and put in bold showing. the draw is the clincher for me. horse is drawn in box 11of 14, and will find there be plenty of pace to aim at. Bedford Flyer (10) and Designer (13) are likely to be in t'van, so be company for the selection. am hoping the horse is prominent ~2fs out and in with a chance, and that about it really

maybe horse won't even turn up, as ran at the course y'day (Wednesday) in 6f race. JP was on top then for the first time for that 9th position finish, and he's booked to ride horse later

glad I could narrow it down to just one mule - be even better if @Ghatanfar wins ☺️

How's it going peeps? HT tipped one from my notebook tonight at Newmarket, 7:30 Cumulonimbus, so shall we, or not?

Winner winner 🏆 chicken dinner 🍽️😚 only 7/2 nothing to brag about but a winner is a winner 😁

Ola! I just quickly flicked through the cards and it's either maidens/novices or giant handicaps racing lottery today... I'm leaving it be, except of a little nibble on Shigar in 4:35 Nmk.

Empire de Maulde should not be 14/1 in the next at Aintree, had a bit on for the win, and r/fcast with the fav who's solid enough.

Should have just stuck with the fav lol

4:17 Thirsk - Another Batt 10/1, went into my notebook two runs ago, CD winner, below his last winning mark, 5 places paid.

• Advertisement

see no reason why both HILLVIEW 14/1 & REGARDING RUTH 8/1 cannae go well in 7,05 Uttoxeter

each way on them both

the well gambled on Twig 5/2 don't worry us too much as is being stepped up in trip from his lto Chelty success, but has it all to prove, imo, on all known hurdling form at or around this ~3m distance... might win, but waay too short for a decent race like this - in my humble 🙂

the gambled on Uhtred, the 10/3 second fav, is another what could be a dubious stayer at the trip

Hillview is a CD winner from last summer. will draw line through last run as was a chase race; very hard to find fault here with this one on overall hurdles' form... should be under 10 to 1 this one methinks

~3 miles on proper Good (no Soft or Firm, or very little of either, in Going description) ground should suit Lucy Wadham's Regarding Ruth, to a tee, and could be an 11/2 - 6/1 shot on another day

:)

Advertisement