Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

I rang today to cancel, TV only was €31.50 then increased to €39 about three months ago - and I saw in the app it was due to increase again.

Offered TV with broadband for €53 a month if I switched but don't want to change broadband.

Was offered €25 per month for 12 months straight away, so went with that. (TV only).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm confused here. Who have you got your BB with? If it's with VM you can sign up in your wife's name as a new customer and you're sorted for another year. It can't be done with Sky unfortunately. Have you considered a TV and BB deal with VM? They've some good deals available at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Last year the only provided for broadband in our estate (new build )was virgin so i went with them and took the tv package for extra €8 per month

we put the virgin tv in bedroom and have sky tv in the sitting room

I was hoping to get sky for both broadband and tv and get the new customer deal of 50pm for both as was willing to sign up for bb

virgin was increasing to 100+ this month so i cancelled it and my cancelation period is up this friday with them,

cancelled sky 2 weeks ago hoping to get them to give the deal but best they offered was 78 a month for both,

in a pickle now

i prefer sky for tv and i think bb is fairly good also will prob have to cough up the 78 a month for both

sky tv is basic with documentaries only

should i sweat it out till the end or give in

• Registered Users Posts: 45,872 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Did you check if Sky can provide broadband to your estate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

My latest 1 year "deal" with VM is up now so thinking of switching to Sky for TV + 1GB Broadband for €60pm, currently paying 98pm for TV and 500mb broadband with VM. Will maybe just switch back to VM again this time next year and keep doing the same for the foreseeable.

If I ring VM will they match it do ye reckon? Also is there any initial setup costs associated with Sky or anything else to be aware of if I make the switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭jos22

33 was the best they said they do from me, then 2 months later I got a text contract change price increase of 2.50, so dont be surpised if happens to you too

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tekud

just to add another 2 data points:

had sky for 30 a month - plan was going up to ~43 a month. cancelled it. got offer for 10 euro "basic" (i.e. free channels). said no. got email 2 weeks later offering same 43 package for ~21 a month. still cancelling it. friend was on same plan for 43, got same cancellation offer and ended up keeping it.

"get Sky TV for just €20.90 a month for 12 months, when you sign up for another year. Normally €43 a month"

i bought a high end sat box and a unicable lnb (had saorview aerial already). can view/record/watch across all saorview channels at the same time as viewing/recording/watching large amount of sat channels (again - all at the same time!)

think sky must be feeling the pain. the tv box i use (openvix) has better UI than sky hd+ and sky q. will pay itself off in less than a year at skys inflated prices - only missing the box sets which are a) poor picture quality and b) failed to download repeatedly causing frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Tried my usual 6 monthly threat to quit the Sports to get a good discount, for the first time ever what they offered was crap. 114 euro down to 102. (Currently paying 80) So I had to follow through with my threats and cancel. Far too expensive.

Good news is FTTH is finally going to be available here in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

Just rang and cancelled. Just went from €90 per month to €175. When I cancelled they offered it for €136 per month.

Still too expensive. I've signed up for Virgin Media, but how long after cancelling can you sign up as a new customer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭bromley52

Does anyone know what channels are included in Sky Essentials in Ireland?

Found a list under digital TV

Sky essentials seems like a no brainer for anyone who only watches and records the basic channel including BBC 1 & 2.

€10/month. You dont need to get broadband.

Post edited by bromley52 on

Just quick update

Got an email offering the tv for €20.90 a month so rang them again to see if they would add broadband also

Got both for 53 a month for 12 months tv is signature package so happy enough with that

i also chanced my arm for a new remote as old one was in bits and it arrived next day by courrier,

An engineer is comming monday to install bb

What type of BB are you getting? Are they charging you for the install?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

hi all can someone give me a quick answer?! Im online with agent who is trying cut my package here. Im wondering do I need HD still? extra €5 a month, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭apache

I'm paying a tenner a month for HD, €40 for signature and €20 multi room. I don't have broadband with them. I'm with digiweb. I must be able to get some discount if I could be bothered to ring them. I wouldn't mind but I have a firestick.

That's great, they're definitely worth considering when my VM contract ends in May. Will you let us know how good the BB is?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

I see they're offering SkyQ plus free Netflix and 1GB broadband for €50/pm plus a €50 giftcard. Works out about €46 each month. Seems a great deal when you consider Netflix starts at €8!

I'd sign up if I wasn't already with them paying €40/pm for 1Gb broadband!

• Advertisement

I'm not seeing that deal here?

There is

• Sky TV + Netflix + 1GB broadband + €50 giftcard for €60/pm

or

• Sky Q + 1GB broadband + €50 giftcard for €55/pm(and one off €30 setup fee)

Is there somewhere else you seeing that deal you mentioned?

Different prices though which is what I'm asking about

I'm not seeing any difference in what the previous poster mentioned and what you linked to.... The E50 package.

My point is I can find the package he is describing but not for €50 per month, it's €60 per month. I'm guessing he meant 500mb broadband and not 1gb because that's €50 per month

Yes, I just a look there now and you are indeed correct regarding the difference in broadband speeds. Apologies for the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭Trampas

Got a call yesterday for tv back on for €20 a month. Free sky q box and installation etc. when I informed him I’ve a hd box and with players etc I don’t see value in it. They hung up pretty fast after that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Have SKY+HD and out of contract soon; are they still offering threat-of-cancellation deals for Sky+HD or are they forcing everyone to SkyQ/Glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭Trampas

They’ll offer you very little on the call. They’ll assume you won’t go through with it. If you’re going away for a week or two it be a great time to push it through as it’ll look like you went through with it. Just ask yourself what you watch. If you watch a lot of sky stuff you could get nowtv cheaper than tv deal. They’ll let you keep hd box but will tempt you with sky q as gets rid of the free channels option you have with hd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Stewball

Strange call with Sky yesterday.

Rang up to give notice to end my sports subscription for the summer also gave notice to for my HD sub and multiroom too. No attempt from the agent to convince me to keep them at all - he just put the cancellation through and ended the call. Call lasted about 3 minutes.

Advertisement