Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Text is a waste of time, your best chance is to ring them. Texting takes bloody ages too, they take forever to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭jos22

Didn't feel like waiting on hold, must have been a quiet day, I text at 11 and by 11:15 they made that offer

That was good going, in fairness I've never had to wait too long on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Cancelled service on Monday. Have received the carboard box to return the Skybox. What's the best way to proceed here if I'm hoping for an offer to stay on at same price as last year? Nothing coming up as regards 12 month "Re-signup" offers on MySky section of the website.

My package is offered to new customers at €25pm. Tried to avail of this using the partners detail's but they use the eircode to check for old customers s and so block you from going down that route, which is a bit ridiculous since it's a different person with a different bank account....

Sit them out for a text or phone call or call them?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,922 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is the service gone completely or did you just give the one month's notice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

what text number did you get them on? they never reply to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

• Registered Users Posts: 45,922 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It's a few years since I had Sky but there used to be offers for returning customers. I recall ringing one time on the last day before the service was due to be cut off and they could only give 20% off. Rang 2 days later and got 50% off as I was then classed as a returning customer. So the best offers always seemed to be had once the service was gone.

A few months ago a friend of mine who was out of contract negotiated a deal for 21.50 a month for their basic pack including the movies. I do know that offers change every so often so the agents are tied to those but I would suggest giving them a call and see what offers are available. The alternative is to wait it out not knowing if or when they may contact you. You could get a call tomorrow or maybe it could be a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I signed up last July for another 12 months ,he could only give me a 6 month discount on sky sports but told me to ring him back in January and he would give me another discount on sky sports ,he gave me his name and said he was in the loyalty section.

Rang Monday and got a different bloke in sales who wouldn't transfer me to original guy ,said he'd look at what he could do .

Basically he wouldn't give me another sky sports discount unless l signed up for another 12 months .

Said l was uncomfortable doing that but he wouldn't budge on the discount unless l agreed to 12 months.

Told him to just cancel sky sports as I don't think it's worth €40 a month .

He told me in a smug way your sky cinema will be going up to €19 a month now you won't have sky sports so told him to take that off aswell .

He was getting very pi$$ed off with me because l wouldn't agree to another year .

Apparently l was making a huge mistake giving up sports channels .

I couldn't get off the phone he kept going on and on .

His last words were that sky sports and cinema will be gone in 31 days and that offer he had offered me had now expired and I'll never receive another offer from sky like it ..

The guy l got last July had it all sorted in 10 mins gave a discount l was happy with ,this guy wasted over 40 minutes Monday .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭jos22

sky Text message support,0861803131

you should some auto response back. followed by another message to login your account, followed by few questions to sent you to right department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

They love saying you are making a big mistake. I got rid of tv back in September and don't miss it. I've a HD box so still get a good few channels still and stream off rte/virgin players if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Couldn't get the guy off the phone last time I was onto them, guy from the North. He told some lies about FTA channels as well, blamed it on Ireland leaving the E.U lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭robwen

Do u have to call them if u want to cancel part of your package, say if I want to get rid of sports or movies package but keep the basic do I have to go through the whole rigmarole on the phone or is there somewhere online or by text I can do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It's been said before but how daft is it, letting a customer leave and then go back to them with an improved offer?

Most people will have made alternative arrangements especially if it's the broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Trampas

Got a call from sky last night. I was doing shopping so couldn’t entertain them. Must be struggling to keep customers and trying to get them back. Over 4 months now out. Yes I’d like the recording facility but not worth it for a few channels I’d need it for

What did they offer you, or did you get that far?

Had Sky TV, 2 Multiroom boxes, all the sports channels with 500mb Broadband which had gone up to €191 a month.

Cancelled and they came back with €138 (12 month contract) for exact same.

Which is still shocking for an all in one deal.

Missed the call from sky. They ring at awful times for me. Surprised they’re ringing at the moment with the increase in price getting announced. Imagine going on a round of calls to book people up to nail them with an increase

• Advertisement

Ringing roughly same time now every day or second day now. Ring at the worse times for me to even answer as getting kids to bed. You’d think they’d try a different time but they must be really struggling for numbers if doing a lot of calling

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

I cancelled a while ago and I just didn't return the equipment. They then sent me an email to thanks me for returning the equipment, so I have that as proof in case they come after me. (its been 6 months since that though)

Also consider, there is only €100(or €200(?)) fine for not returning equipment. Its worth hanging onto, I use mine to watch all the freeview UK channels. ITV, BBCs, C4, etc. I manually add the channels, and I dont have recording or replaying functionality.

Probably worth trying a UK card, it would give you the UK EPG.

No bother. I have a recordable UK card that I bought from someone here, it worked for years until Sky zapped it and stopped the plus features, I still miss that card it was so handy.

it arrived yesterday. Great, I have the full EPG now. But yeah, its definitely not recording for me either

hopefully, the Freesat Recordable TV Box will drop price at some stage. £259.00 is steep

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Stewball

20 years with Sky and for the first time ever I received a discounted offer for Sports & Basic package by post - a rubbish one at that!

I wonder are things getting a bit desperate in Sky towers??

I hope so. Thinking letting people go will come back eventually worked for so long but they’ve failed to move with the times. Without taking into account of illegal ways there are to many streaming services and considerable cheaper. If premier league decided to offer €5/10 a month for all games they’d clean up worldwide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

2 Weeks into my cancellation periods not a sniff of an offer

Currently just tv with them but it was going up to 47 a month for kids and documentaries

We have been with virgin for past year for broadband as it was only provider available in the estate,

I was hoping to add broadband to it and get both for €50 as a new customer to bb,

Best offered was 75 per month said no i go with different provider

getting worried now as bb is due to be disconnected on friday and i informed the wife its goin to be knocked off and it didnt go down to well,

young lad wont be too happy either 😕

Tried to set up new connection with under wifes name but system recognises theres a connection at our house

anyone know does it work off address or phone number email as to previous connections?

• Advertisement

Don't put in eir code, try name and address in Irish.

Advertisement