Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppy37

1800 927476 is the freephone number, I only used it a few weeks ago to renegotiate my contract

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Hey all, elderly father 118 pm signiture, complete sports and sports extra. Best they will do is 80 for 6months the sports go back up. Am I right in thinking that I can just cancel , sign up as the mother for sky stream and just add both sports packages for 50 for the year??

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I think it would have to be a different address but maybe I'm wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

No, Sky are cleverer than other providers and won't fall for that one. Put in your cancellation and stand your ground, even let it switch off and they'll give a good offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Get that sports cancelled and get him on to the now tv app. There's sports deals all the time, in the bargain alert thread or by email.

I know it's not on the sky box and for the elderly they don't like change 😂 But saves a fortune. Why pay more when it's just a click of a button on most of todays tv's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

Whats the cheapest anyone has got the basic TV pack for after cancelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Left them back in January once I got FTTH so will never go back with them even for the broadband.

Sky are desperate lads, they've rang me at least 5 times since with offers. Maybe the offers are good I dunno I don't listen to them. Anyone without other options it's worth biting the bullet for a better deal by seeing out the cancellation period as they'll hound you to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Stewball

I'm sick of them at this stage. I'm paying €82 per month for rubbish, but I don't really have an alternative because of poor broadband coverage in my area.

The entertainment pack is laughable it's so bad.

I wish I had decent BB and could get my hands on one of those "special" firesticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If its rubbish why not downsize to the very basic pack or leave altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Stewball

I only want the sports. I can't get sports without the entertainment pack.

NowTV isn't an option with unreliable BB.

• Advertisement

Nearly had a heart attack, sky took 101 blips from the account. I got on the phone and dropped a good bit of stuff that wasn't being watched. I now have sig, HD and multiroom for 56, maybe I should have pushed harder but she wasn't really offering much better tbh. Sig 38, HD 5 and multiroom 13, Sig and multiroom are for the year, HD is for 6 months. I'm in the 14 day cooling off period if people think I could do better.

I went through the cancellation process and ended up getting Signature for €22 a month. I don't have multi room or HD.

Did you let it turn off? That's a great price in fairness, I found it hard to get any further with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭BobMc

Onto them last week, never realised I'd kids package, 2 older teens, so never used in long time, 41.45 basic got 50% off for 12 months + e5.00 per month loyalty discount, so coming in at like 18. something odd per month, on old sky+ box so happy to stick with it for another while

I cancelled through a rep on twitter and was consistent that i didn't want any offers that i just wanted it cancelled.

About two weeks later got a text with a link to review my offers and it was there for 22.50 a month. Clicked to resign up but it didn't update my account so had to ring up a few days later and they applied it.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Had gone over 100 for just signature, sports & multi room. Just rang and got a third off. Might have got more if I went down the cancelling road but didn't bother, 12 month deal but have to phone up in 5 months to renew the sports part. Offered the newest system but I stuck with the old Sky plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

I have been with Virgin 20 years, contract up did the normal went to cancel normally get 6 months half price etc offered €15 a month which would be €97 a month!! So cancelled thinking of switching to Sky never had it as never wanted a dish. Looking for TV and broadband, looking at SKY TV deal for €49 a month now don't need a dish, just wondering if worth it, can you record as much as you want, can you get ITV? Is fibre broadband decent, sorry if wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Did the switch to Sky after 20 years with Virgin/UPC earlier this year. Everything went fine and I'm happy with the TV and Broadband. Will see what cancellation deal Sky will offer next year when my €50 a month for 12 months offer is up and if I don't like just switch back to Virgin with whatever 'new customer' offer they have going. Rinse and repeat for the foreseeable

Yep that is what I was thinking, I even said it to them they will miss out in long run, would have been happy enough with 6 months half price which would still have been more expensive than signing up a new cust. Might give SKY a go now don't need dish tks

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭romaderwdcsax

Hi all. Quick question if ye don’t mind answering.

I’m currently with virgin for broadband, contract ending in a few weeks. Gave them the cancellation email and was offered €55 a month for 12 months which I won’t be taking.

I see sky has a broadband, tv and Netflix deal for €49 a month for 12 months for new customers.

At the end of the 12 months do I need to return the tv set top box or is it a case of keeping it and still be able to access the free to air Irish and English channels?

Or is it a case of, even if I don’t have to return the set top box, that the free to air channels would also be cut off if I was to change broadband supplier after the 12 months is up?

I read that the tv service is through Wi-Fi and not a satellite dish anymore.

• Advertisement

If you get Sky Q with a dish the box is returned when you cancel. I don't know anyone with their IPTV service so I can't help with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Did you get a dish for Sky or go for the IPTV option?

Thanks, does anyone know if there is some place or process when switching to Sky to specify that you DON'T want a dish? I don't see any explicit option for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Is the Sky Stream decent enough? Might pull the trigger on it.

Does anyone know what's the story with the Netflix available from Sky? I presume it's the basic Netflix plan, currently €8.99.

If I want to upgrade to the Standard Plan to get multiple devices and HD, currently €14.99, how much extra do I have to pay Sky?

I was thinking about it, only issue for me was can not record programmes and I record lots.

You just pay the difference through your monthly sky bill afaik. I think there's a FAQ on the sky website somewhere about it. I was on the standard plan but decided to move to the basic plan I get as part of the 12 month offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Butson

Great deals on Now tv for cinema etc over Black Friday

Anything at all for current sky subscribers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Hate to be digging up an old post, but I availed of this offer st the time. Early August. No where in singing up did it say it was extending my tv contract for a year and now I'm supposed to be out contract they're woefully unhelpful.

It was a rolling offer, cancel anytime, add it to existing package offer.

Advertisement