Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Cancelled Sky Friday well they got the 30 days notice.. I'm sure I will be plagued with deals from them...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Maybe, maybe not, they don't seem to be too bothered these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

eeehhhh,,,, don't think you will!!! They don't seem to give a shite about losing customers.....must be a new management team in there cos in the old days they would negotiate but not any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Do you know of any offers lately ?

Is the 30% off gone do you know .

I have everything ,sports movies ,broadband but just out of contract ,usually get around 30% off sent after going through with the 30 days notice .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Dropped Movies & Sport & Kids last year to bring my monthly from €113 back to a manageable €51. Spoke on the phone while dropping same and they didn't offer me anything to keep them on. A year later - and not one offer to reinstate any of the dropped options.

To be honest..... I have never missed them. Netflix is my go-to station every night.... So don't know if I will bother going back no matter what they offer

• Advertisement

I'm out of contract on Friday can I cancel and get a new install in the missus name or is it still forbidden? My package for a new sky Q customer is €45, I'm currently paying €86.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I left at Christmas and they wouldn’t negotiate or give me what other people on boards were managing to get but since then they’ve been ringing me and emailing me very regularly even though I’ve told them I’m in contract until December.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Sent back the Sky Q a week ago got my first call just there...Sky Signature for 19 euros a month with a Sky Q 1TB Box and all the box sets etc...told them will think about it...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I was out of contract and bill had gone up to around €200 ,, that's for for everything ,phone ,broadband ,movies all the sports including bt sport package ,rang to cancel and a helpful guy reduced it all to €131 month ,,phonecall only took about 15 minutes ,he offered that straight away .

It's for 12 months except sports but he gave me his name and said to ring him in 6 months and he will lower the sports again .

• Advertisement

I didn't I got Q installed, the bills are starting to creep up again time to give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Jaymacc

Was looking at staying with Eir for Q, 2 extra mini boxes and broadband and phone which was €145. They discounted to €30 and I canceled and moved to Eir 24 month package for €79 a month. Working perfectly but the only thing is you cannot record RTE or Virgin media so must watch on the Player which is actually really good on Eir’s system despite the adverts which play at the start of all shows. A month out of contract and Sky rang to offer a new deal and I hung up. They need to offer their best retention offer while still a customer and not when you have switched and are in contract.

Yep they need to cop on that people are not sitting around waiting for them to ring with an offer.

Is it 79 for the entire 24 months? Do you have 3 TV's for that? What channels are you getting for that, movies sports etc.

79 for 3 tv boxes (no movies or sports but never had them on Sky package) and 1gb fibre to the home broadband.

Totally agree. I spoke to them for 15 mins when cancelling and they were certain they could not reduce prices and then once canceled they start calling with offers so I just disconnect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭apache

I rang them last month to see if I could get the price down a bit but no go. I'm paying €70 a month. That's 40 for basic, 10 for HD and 20 for multiroom. I got a firestick so I was checking if I could save anything but I kinda need all them. I might get rid of Netflix as most of that is already on the firestick.

They certainly don't offer deals and discounts like they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

I signed up for Sky Glass yesterday. It was a call back from the registration form.

I need a new TV anyway, and am in a new house with only virgin for broadband, plus can't put up a dish so it suits me right now and the TV part is 0% finance. For the service offer its basically anything you want half price for 6 months on a 30 day contract but if you sign up before the full launch they give you €200 credit as well.

I took the Entertainment pack and Sports while half price anyway, but will cancel after 6 months and see if they run a new offer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

is returning the equipment free after cancelling-I got a label and box from sky but your one in the post office said that label doesnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Trampas

Contract up towards end of next month. Will report back what offers they make. I find the tv is getting worse in general across all platforms from sky, Netflix etc as I share across with others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I find myself only watching YouTube and NOW TV (for sports). I just don't like TV anymore.

Even my parents are embracing streaming services and are considering canceling sky.

Was onto them on the facebook chat and after 7 yes 7 hours i managed to get the basic package for €28.50 which was €29 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭snowgal

what was your cost before the offer celt262?

was paying €61 for basic tv and bb. Offered €75 and said no and done and dusted in a few minutes. Didn’t seem that interested as saying products I didn’t even have like a phone line

€43 which is ridiculous for basic TV. Even the €29 is expensive for what i'm getting but unfortunately i live in a black spot for aerial coverage so have little option.

Hello Trampas, 

There’s so much unmissable TV on the way. And you can watch it all with 40% off. So stay and get Sky TV for just €26 a month for 12 months, when you sign up for another year. Normally €43 a month.

First offer since sending in my cancellation

It’s not even worth €26. Currently paying around €22

Let us know what the Sky Glass is like when you have it installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Apparently you can't record on it or tune in other channels such as ITV etc. That could be a deal breaker for some people.

So it's effectively a sky streaming service, without the UK tv players and no recording facility it's quite limited here in Ireland. I love recording stuff especially with Q as there are no more clashes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

No more ads is the bigger benefit, which is probably what they're afraid of.

Advertisement