Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General CA trolls - it's embarrassing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,491 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I am hardly be accused of dreaming up something you wrote.

Good thing, because I don't follow instructions from posters. I also don't have to heed their "suggestions".

I am more than able to handle the realities of engaging in discussion. I don't think its me that has that difficulty.

I'm not one of those here getting increasingly frustrated at each new post.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

And nothing I wrote stated or implied what you claimed, so perhaps it is a comprehension issue.

Why did you post it in the first place?

It could be a complete fabrication for all anyone here knows. You said it to make a point. Nothing you said can be verified.

Does your cousin deal with any psychiatric patients with extreme left wing biases?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Regarding the presence or not of trolls in CA its a pity you cant see how many times users have been banned from threads in total. That could give people a good idea if someone they are engaging in conversation with are a troll or not.

• Advertisement

If you don't follow instructions or suggestions why are you so animated by them?

You're also projecting increasing frustration onto other posters for some reason.

I've had serious arguments with other posters on this site but I've never come across the type of persecution complex you're displaying.

If you're happy to get on with things then do just that and stop seeing bogeymen in every thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

No I never asked the poster anything like that. You have a vivid imagination though, I give you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Quite the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Someone telling another person that the death threats/fantasies that they read online are mainly from people who a medical professional has to deal with and listen to their rants, are just that, fantasies, and that they will ok, seems to really have gotten your knickers in a twist for some reason.

If you have an issue with that, well then that is on you, not me, and as you have said multiple times on here, where is your proof that it isn't the case.

As for your question if they treat people who are leftists, sure they do as well as centrist and people of no political leaning

Nothing in this post makes any sense to me. I literally have no clue at this point what you're talking about. I don't think you even know yourself anymore.

I have no "persecution complex"? Or is that another type of passive aggressive dig at my expense I should be insulted about?

I'm quite happy to keep doing exactly as I have been doing, including reporting posts if and when I believe a report is warranted.

• Advertisement

That comment was directed at Nullzero. Now fixed.

Now, would you like to address how you accused me of claiming I was harassed / victimised / intimidated, when I never claimed any of those things?

Ah apologies then. It wasn’t clear from your post

You claimed to be the victim of unfair attention from other users. No evidence was forthcoming.

You say you don't have a persecution complex yet in the same sentence to ask if me saying as much is another passive aggressive dig at your expense that you should be insulted about.

I'm not surprised nothing is making sense to you. Without wanting to be openly abusive towards you, you are making statements that don't make any sense.

You and others state that he CA forum is over run with hatred of all varieties. You can't provide any evidence of that.

You stte that you are personally being singled out by people telling you that you shouldn't participate in discussions, which no evidence was forthcoming for.

To any objective observer you would appear to be displaying a persecution complex.

I get mud slung at me regularly (even in this thread) but the apparatus exists to deal with it. I've had my share of disagreements with Beasty, and I'm sure he's as sick of my sh1t as anyone else I could mention but you're not being fair to him or his colleagues /cohorts with the things you've been saying here and your assertions that you are being targeted by other users doesn't help anyone take what you're saying any more seriously.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,716 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And I am pointing out that it's not going to happen so far as I am concerned. Not defensive - simply repeating something I have said every time it is brought up

If posters are considered to be abusing the function they get told that. And I keep repeating that posters should report stuff they have an issue with.

If something that is reported disappears you have some pretty clear feedback as only mods can delete posts. If the post remains with no mod comment there is similar feedback - ie that the mods do not consider further action appropriate. And equally I have pointed out that it may take a day or two for mods to deal with reports, but every report in CA is reviewed (If I am away for a few days I always go back to see if any reports have been missed and deal with them as I see fit). And all I am doing in this post is repeating some things I had said numerous times before in these threads

The anecdote you posted can't be verified. It's not on me to disprove something that wasn't proven by you to begin with.

I've seen posts like that responded to with quips like "things that didn't happen".

I could post all kinds of anecdotes here but anecdotes don't work well on this type of platform for a reason.

I did not and have never "claimed to be the victim of unfair attention". You really should be more careful with your word choices.

As for the rest TL:DR.

Your posts are literally disintegrating into pure waffle now (to put it politely).

You ask for evidence of certain things, and when its provided, you ignore it.

You're going in circles making all kinds of crazy unfounded accusations, and then want me to tie myself up in knots to respond to you.

I'm not going to do that. You're being dishonest.

You have literally, in this thread accused other users of being "creepy" and "watching" your posts.

Do you want me to quote the posts in question?

I read every word of posts replying to me, you should try it yourself instead of dismissing peoples comments out of hand.

You said I'm making crazy unfounded accusations, that is precisely what you and others have been doing with and on this thread. Making crazy unfounded accusations about how the moderation here is handled and when your own claims are highlighted you either forget you made them or pretend they never happened.

There's no need to tie yourself up in knots you're under no compulsion to post anything, but the least you could do is be honest when you do post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭Polar101

I find Current Affairs to be an absolutely appalling place, for the most part. Just look at any thread - mostly those "green" or "left vs right" threads, or anything to do with foreigners. I definitely wouldn't go there to report posts and hope it somehow improves the forum, I just stay away from most of the threads. I'm sure the mods are working hard to keep the place in check, but there's only so much they can do. It's usually the same posters causing trouble in all threads, too.

I only decided to post in this thread because of the bizarre requests for evidence, and some posters deciding since no-one could be bothered to find some, it means the forum is fine. I don't think it is, but I do wonder why anyone would want to go read some absolute bottom of the pit threads in order to "find evidence".

Anyway, I don't expect anyone to agree with me, and that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

And yet no One has produced any evidence so either the mods are doing an absolutely amazing job deleting posts and accounts in their thousands,

Or CA isn't over run with far right Nazism and variophobic threads and posters,

Which one is it

I'm OK with mods closing this thread now if they want. Probably not worth the hassle over a bank holiday weekend.

• Advertisement

So we should accept the word of somebody who claims to never post in the CA forum without any evidence?

Seems legit.

Here's one post where you called someone creepy and stating they were watching your posts.

You said I was dishonest for referencing this. Shall I quote more of your posts that are saying this stuff or can you acknowledge you're not being honest?

Nice edit after I had already replied to you and was unlikely to look at your post again.

You referred to another poster as “creepy” for no reason apart from them telling you that they read your posts. We all read each others posts, and there is nothing creepy about it. You are the only person who felt the need to make a point about it when it suited you. You know exactly what you are doing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I'd agree with you. But I'd have prove it with stats and a peer reviewed academic paper in Sweden. I'm not sure if thats a requirement for disagreeing with you however. So....

How magnanimous.

After your central point has been well and truly refuted and your supporters dishonesty has been highlighted for all to see its OK for the mods who you personally insulted to "lock her up"?

Give it a rest, @nullzero

I didn't accuse anyone of watching my posts. They volunteered the information that they were, to me! So maybe its you who need to go back and re-read some things.

Your posts have reached the level of gaslighting at this stage. Well done, but I don't play that way.

Have a nice evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,671 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Well before they do, I'd make it abundantly clear that I have not followed anyone in a 'creepy way'. The very idea speaks more to their sensibilities than mine.

However like others I do read posts and you can't help but notice the views of those who are strongly opinionated on various related topics. My observations on this thread and relating to it's title, is that there are some who I think use the report function in order to advance their chosen cause. I can think of more than one poster on this thread who I've noted is fond of the 'Post reported' sequitur to their argument.

They are free to do this of course but I and I'm sure others detest the practice when it's deployed in the normal thrust of healthy debate. 'Nuff said.

You characterised them as "creepy" as if there was something unsavoury about reading posts on a forum as if it was an invasion of your privacy.

You're using loaded language to address that situation and it isn't in the least bit warranted. You're not in danger, nothing unsavoury is happening so why use that description?

And we're supposed to accept at face value your assertion that CA is over run with bigotry?

You went to the trouble twice, to tell me that you had paid my posts particular attention, and then offered your flawed attempt at psycho-analysing me based on that.

Friendly piece of advice - next time you don't want someone to think you are creepy, don't do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Yes I am.

Am passing that burden to you in good faith that whatever I link to or quote would be quickly passed over and ignored..

Post edited by Goldengirl on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement