Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I love Dean, Ziggy I could take or leave.

I feel like a huge disaster needs to happen to take out a whole bunch of characters though.

Xander & Rose, Cash, Justin - god don't get me started on Justin, I can't bear the big man-child. The entire band. Bree.

Who do I love right now? John Palmer. Irene. Looks like I'd cut it back to being a very small cast, John, Irene, Dean, Nikau. Bring back Cash & Felicity's foster dad, he's a good actor, even if he'll always be John from Sons & Daughters to me (Yes I'm THAT old, I remember watching the very first episode of Home & Away back in the day).

Bring back the school and a teacher or two? It's almost all Salt or The Diner based now - we need some new sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Pistachio19

Exactly - more sets needed. Did the school just disappear? Roo was working there. What happened her teaching job?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Photobox

I would say we are of the same vintage, i watched it from the very beginning, i remember Bobby, Carly, Frank, Lance, Martin, Ailsa, Floss, Mr Fisher the two Pippas and Tom to name a few 😊and the term shake ache.

Yeah i think its more Ziggy thats annoying than Dean, Xander is also very annoying and pointless character. I like John, Irene, Marilyn, Nikau, Mack. Tane and Felicity sometimes, the lyrik crew are good. I was wondering too what happened to the school. Stopped watching it for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sure Leah trained and worked as a guidance counsellor, then when the school disappeared she went back to working in the Diner! No schools in Yabee Creek then? Mangrove River? Reefton Lakes?

Roo was a university lecturer for a bit too, and now spends her time avoiding her private tutoring gig (which consisted of exactly one tutee, ever!) and planning a charity event. What does she do for money?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I laugh at the way characters disappear, and when their related character still in the soap has a major event, they never show up. Ziggy's parents, Jett, the Maori lady who went back to New Zealand, never to be seen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes - I think that was how she ended up lecturing.

Then she somehow became a secondary school teacher.

She has always been roped in to planning and organising events etc, which ties up with the marketing/PR thing too.

I just don't understand why they can't have her get a job in one of the nearby towns or even in "the city", maybe work from home some of the time etc. She does a phenomenal amount of lolling around for a supposedly motivated woman!

It's always amazing how soap characters manage to retrain for new careers in a matter of weeks. Roo went from a wedding planner/PR & marketing to teacher in a very short space of time. I doubt the caravan park is lucrative enough for her to not need a job. Is the bait shop even still open? We've not seen Alf in there in forever.

Marilyn was once upon a time a beautician - now happy to be a waitress? At least Irene & Leah are owners of the Diner so you can see why they're still working there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How come they got rid of the high school/don't show it anymore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

There are no kids in Summer Bay anymore to teach.

• Advertisement

Bella returns to see Dean & Ziggy and Nikau leaves with her.

An old character returns to set up the departure of a current character.

Great result: that's one of the characters I just never warmed to!

Will there be anyone left if they keep going at this rate?

Ziggy & Dean have left - the actors who play them, Patrick O'Connor & Sophie Dillman announced this week in a tv magazine interview that they've left Summer Bay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xander "Let move in together"

Xander "I know its a big deal but"

No **** sherlock, you're barely dating her a month and you want to move in already 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Ziggy and Dean and the nonsense with the pregnancy/antenatal class etc…..jeeezus I’ve rarely seen worse overacting…or just plain bad acting??

I must admit, I found the bit in yesterday's episode when Dean quickly backtracked on something he said as soon as he saw Ziggy's angry face very funny. They're a fun double act at times.

I really like them as a couple but I agree the overacting has gone beyond a joke in this storyline!

Also the idea that two full-time workers living rent-free in a family owned house, with a lodger, would find it impossible to buy and run a second car (for the purposes of the awful golf tournament storyline) was just laughable. They each owned and ran a car of their own up until a few months back, and she's a mechanic ffs!

Mac's ex reminds me of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Leah had a fantastically quick recovery. Last time I had surgery could barely walk.

Xanders little bro conference on the beach was cringe worthy, I suppose he'll be going in the diner now and have a relationship conference with three women behind the counter 😂.

The grommet looks half reared. A few months old at least. Ziggy looks perfect for someone who has just given birth, full face of make up. They should try and make it look somewhat believable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hatshepsut

When Tane shifted Flick this eve how could he not taste the alcohol off her and how is she still 100% sober all the time considering she's even swigging it from beach totes and the hotpress??

Where did ninja Tane come from saving Cash

What's Mali hiding, scared of the police, Alf?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The bikey badass was such a criminal mastermind he was able to sneak a cop out of a crowded restaurant with a gun pointed at him, but he couldn’t spot that he was being tailed to a remote country spot in middle of nowhere in broad daylight.

I thought Justin's kid was younger maybe around 12

So did he - sure he hasn't seen her in years!

She's very annoying so far.

Kirby has the measure of her.

Totally annoying. Just playing the ole cliche of a spoilt stroppy teenager and allowed to get away with it 😑 she probably is supposed to be young enough 13/14 but very unrealistic to be that young in a bar at night watching a band.

My sky didn't record H&A this afternoon on RTE - was it definitely on?

Same here, didn't record on RTE 1. I thought it might be to do with Biden visit. It was on RTE 2 at the usual time

• Registered Users Posts: 40,868 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Felicity needs a kick up the hole. She’s unbearable

Advertisement