Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I don't mind staying on the LT IBAN, I'm no longer using Revolut for my day-to-day banking, so it does not matter to me where I need to send money to (LT or IE IBAN) to load the account so that I can continue using Revolut for person-to-person payments, the odd foreign currency payment and mostly the up to 3% cashback.

Once the cashback goes away or if the MLM becomes even more aggressive (just got another 60€ friend reminder in app despite having opted out) I'm done with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

So after a wasted branch visit I called customer care again and while they are "going to raise it internally" she was somewhat helpful saying I could try to pay the card off using a automated phone system using my revolut debit card. Not ideal and requires you calling Internet banking to get transfered to it as there is no direct dial. On plus side costs AIB manhours and the % of the transaction revolut card services would charge them. But its the first person to suggest an alternative solution while it's not working.

For a few months I've been adding €5k to my revolut with my AIB visa and paying it back right away and getting the 0.5% on card spend back from AIB 25€ a month 😉. We need this fixed so I can continue.

Be careful with this, Revolut has started clamping down on this kind of actions.

Mainly driven by significant amount of people using their rewards card (airline miles/cashback) to load the account and then directly sending it back or after a few days.

They have started limiting account, issuing warnings or in some cases even closing accounts for this kind of behaviour.

For those of you who are using Revolut to transfer money to their friends, there is a change in the data that is displayed coming:

Data protection and confidentiality​

At this moment, other Revolut customers can't see much information about you. However, once the changes have been made, your friends will be able to see:

Your full name and profile picture, if they match your username (revtag) exactly while searching

The Revolut plan you’ve signed up to

If you don’t want to disclose these details, you can disable this in your privacy settings.​

What do I need to do?​

You don't need to do anything. If you’re not happy with the changes, you can close your Revolut account at any time, but we'd be sad to see you go.​

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

thanks for sharing.

is that a good thing or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Just been switched over to Irish IBan. When updating my payment details with employer do I continue to use the Lituanian banking address?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Not sure but this is their Irish address

"What is the address for Revolut in Ireland?

Revolut Bank UAB has established a branch in Ireland, with company number 909790 and whose address is at 2 Dublin Landings, North Dock, Dublin 1, Ireland (our “Irish Branch”)."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

They must read my comments here, I just got transfered over to the IE IBAN.

Depends on how you value your privacy, you can make appropriate changes in the App to limit what someone can see.

"Your full name and profile picture" might be a good thing to avoid fraud but on the other hand the revtag gave some privacy for transactions where let's say people wanted some sort of privacy. Loads of legit reasons for it.

Just see what fits you and make the appropiate changes in your app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭Tow

Thay must be some ancient system they have if it still requires the receiving banks address!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

Revolut offered me the 1 month premium card, if I take and cancel it at the end of the month, will I pay for the card?

Edit: nvm I read the terms I do need to pay for the card.

Post edited by BEdS_83 on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

No sure but if you read back in the thread I think someone else had that happen to them.

Joint accounts should now be visible in the Hub without waitlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Been showing up for the last couple of days for me but I can't invite my wife. It says she can't be invited. I tried with a couple of different family members and I got as far as confirming their number. Can't get past selecting my wife.

On her account it won't let her start the process at all. I was on to support and they assured me it just hasn't rolled out yet and nothing wrong with her account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I got told by revolut support that once rejected you need to wait 6 weeks before applying again, otherwise your application will be rejected immediately and the day counter will reset to 0 days again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Not on mine. Had asked their chat last week if I could request a joint account and got told it will be rolled out. No idea how they choose who gets access first, very random.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,541 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Revolut gave me 1% cashback for three months on chat, after my moaning about AIB for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,312 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Thanks for response.

As it happens I had my third salary payment into my Revolut account yesterday and thought three payments sounded like a nice sufficient number so tried again this morning and was approved.

Odd credit limit - I can work out how they came up with it but thought they’d round up/down to a more round number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

I got a letter from AIB stating "Your bank has unpaid your recent direct debit payment stating 'Instruction Cancelled'. I've been charged €7 too 🤦🏻‍♂️ Might challenge that as it was completely outside of my control (any advice?)

I've since manually sent funds to the credit card in question, it's pending 'cos of the bank hol but I'll update if/when it goes through.

AIB Twitter chat told me to use these details to pay my AIB credit card from another bank account:

IBAN - IE92AIBK93011399945304

BIC - AIBKIE2D

Your 16-digit card number as the reference.

I remember last time struggling to find the details on aib.ie, they still haven't got their act together.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,541 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Certainly worth having a fight with AIB about the fee given that the problem em is definitely on their side. I didn’t realise it was also affecting direct debit payments. Revolut is continuing to allow DD charges to the LT IBAN, and generating an email warning to change the DD. So this is further evidence that the problem is on the AIB side.

I’ve tried that IE92 IBAN and it didn’t work for me. I’d be surprised if it works for you, but let us know either way please.

That won't work and the money will bounce back into your revolut account. Same for all 3 AIB IBANS.

IE92 is for international banks

IE60 is domestic

IE76 is for all apparently

You can see my failed attempts above with all 3. I have used the IE92 since last year when I left KBC which worked fine up to the IBAN changes.

Since the IE ibans rolled out none of them are working and the funds return to Revolut and AIB refuse to investigate and don't care.

Apparently you can call the number on card and ask them to put you through to an automated payment system and use your Revolut debit card to pay the bill. I have yet to try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭Tow

The will investigate if you make a formal complaint following the proper procedures. Just complaining on the phone or in a branch does not count in the eyes of a bank.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Yes I've made formal complaints to AIB via their complaints form and Revolut too but the fault is with AIB in this situation I am fairly certain as the money goes into their account and then refunded.

Not expecting much from AIB any more to be honest they outright don't care and its the customers fault and there is no possible way to investigate the holding accounts go away is the in branch and card services stance.

How would complaining to a regulator be done? Who and how?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I'd certainly log a complaint and ask for it to be refunded. If the issue is on their end, it's not right that you're out of pocket. They might even throw in a gesture of good will along with it if you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

Odd credit limit could be like supermarket codes: ending in .92 a one time offer,.95 permanent offer, .96 to keep you interested.99 or .00 specific offer to you.Use lateral thinking to figure out your credit offer.

Revolut most likely classifying the customers-keep,extend or remove cards

If,more people come on here it would be interesting to hear if they consider the credit limits odd.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I highly doubt that's the case.

Far more likely there is a calculation done on your income, debt repaymens, rent etc etc, and it is then put through a multiplier to decide on a limit, and they just haven't rounded it up or down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Eirpod99

Hi Folks, ex Ulster Bank customer here. I have applied for a credit card with Revolut to be constantly told that I am on a waiting list. This is ongoing since they made credit cards available. Same with loans, which I do not need at the moment but you never know. I have a good salary paid into Revolut account, no credit cards, I own my house, I just recently have a car loan (I did not have when first applying). So, I owe nothing apart from a recent car loan. Any idea why I am on a waiting list? Is this technically a refusal? I would like the ease of having debit and credit cards on the one app (I have another account with a few bob in it as backup) but at this stage, I think I will go ahead and apply for a credit card elsewhere. Main reason is car hire and hotel stays. Summer is looming. So, anyone in the same boat? Any ideas why I am "waiting"?

Advertisement