Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

It has to be cash I found out from a previous poster here.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭apkmbarry

No you can pay it by card, I work for them lol. But it'll just come up "this card cannot be used for this transaction" for alot of non-irish banks. It's the stupidest system.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks, my salary goes to N26 at the moment and I can't link that account to Revolut....might have to just get my salary directed to Revolut..a lot of it gets sucked out to n26 for savings and mortgage repayment anyway.

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You don't share benefits.

The difference from a group vault is you can spend money from your joint account, it has a card and you can setup direct debits. If you're just using it for joint savings there's no point, just stick with a vault.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I dont seem to have access to the new joint accounts feature even though I am on the latest version of revolut.

No Irish IBAN, Loan, or CC access either (On the wait lists, very frustrating)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

I was in that boat. I cancelled my account next day I opened again and got the Irish iban and joint account. Cc not even letting me in on the waiting list. I’m ok with that since my main concern was Irish iban and the joint account.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Just an update on this.

A lady from the AIB complaints team gave me a call today to say that they have escalated it with the relevant teams and that she would give me a call when she had an update, but as of yet they don't have one.

So at least its being looked into!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I also received a call from a guy in AIB complaints admitting that there does appear to be an issue as described and that there is an investigation underway due to a number of customer complaints. They are also sending out a letter stating that they are looking into the issue between the two banks.

Coincidentally I got a response from revolut complaints department via email also yesterday. In their response they actually said AIB are returning a response in below quoted response code which is new information. They also refunded me a couple months metal fees for the trouble while stating that they will not uphold the complaint as is "not their issue".

"Following a thorough examination by our Payments Investigation team, they found that the above mentioned transactions had been rejected by the beneficiary. When SEPA transfers are returned to the sender, the return has been generated by the beneficiary bank. This means that the transfers were successfully completed on our end, however, AIB returned them to us. After a deep dive into the transfer data, our team found that, in the reasoning behind why the transfers were rejected, AIB had given a reason code that corresponded to an “incorrect account number”. While I understand that this lack of clarity must be particularly frustrating from a customer perspective, I must underline that we do not have any control or insight into AIB’s processes or systems, and, regretfully, we cannot comment further as to why the transfers were rejected or why they deemed the account number to be incorrect."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Does anyone know when interest to vault savings will be applied in Ireland?

And what the rate will be.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Given they provide true free banking wouldn't surprise me (and it would be fair in my opinion) to not pay any interest for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

In the same boat as many here.

Running version 9.2 and still no Irish IBAN or joint account option. When I click on learn more from notification it says the link doesn't work and update the app, despite it being the most up to date. Frustrating but I'm sure it'll come across eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 10,875 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So does anyone know if there's any disadvantages to the Revolut joint account? So far it seems to do everything I'd want without charging horrendous fees

I'm very tempted to switch our joint account to Revolut since An Post aren't great and tend to charge for a lot of things

Since the joint account is used for bills primarily then as long as it's an Irish IBAN and all the major providers will accept it then I'm happy

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

If it ever happens then I imagine it'll only be for the paid subscription options.

Basically none of the Irish banks are interested in offering decent interest on savings so there isn't much incentive for Revolut to do it

You could always check out Raisin bank for savings. I haven't used them yet (don't be fooled by the username 😁) but they basically let you open savings accounts on other EU countries which have better interest rates

You are of course not guaranteed under the Irish savings scheme, but a lot of EU countries have similar guarantees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Hi, question: so revolut has asked me to give my pps number, but no one else in my friends circle or family circle has been asked and I'm not getting suspicious about it. Any one know the story there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

It's a standard legal requirement for them to ask for it as they need to report to revenue each year for each and every customer for tax and tax avoidance reasons. Nothing to be concerned about unless you are dodging tax.

Every bank need to do this N26 also ask for it as do all Irish banks.

As for friends and family they will get around to asking them also. I had my account about 3 years or more before I was asked for it. It was about 3 months after I started using it as my day to day bank. Could be you use it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

I'm trying to transfer money from my Revolut to my Permanent TBS account, but Revolut is saying the IBAN isn't the correct format.

There's 22 letters/numbers in my PTSB Iban.

As soon as i type in the first five letters/nembers revolut saying its wrong. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

22 characters is right, it should be IEXXIPBS990XXXXXXXXXXX where the first 2 digits (between the IE and IPBS) are 2 check digits and the last 16 are your sort code and account number. When I try to add my PTSB IBAN it tells me it isn't the correct format until I have the full IBAN entered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

CAnt apply for a credit card because i cant link my EBS account. They are not offering an upload of payslips or statements to prove earnings

Will have to get my salary paid into my Revolut account.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

what happened to Revolut Ultra? was meant to come out over Sprint right? Sprint is almost done lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

@Bennyx. That’s very kind of you to take the time to reply, and as a result I’m sorted. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I was thinking of getting rid of my AIB credit card and applying for a Revolut one, just wondering does anyone know if you get your wages paid into the joint account does this count as proof of income or do you need to get it paid into your personal account?

You'd think it'd be ok but the joint account seems a bit like an afterthought tacked on at the moment.

Has anyone tried using a virtual credit card abroad for emergency money or to rent a car?

Those are probably the only two things I'd want a credit card for and I'd prefer not to be forced to get a physical card if I can avoid it

Also, am I right in saying there's no charges to the card if I don't use it? I'm in the waitlist so I can't see the T&Cs yet

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Anytime I've rented a car they have wanted the physical card.

For emergency money, once you don't mean cash you should be able to tap your phone.

Fees and Charges wise, there's the 30e a year Gov Stamp Duty, but that's it.

Thanks, yeah I figure rental companies will get annoyed without a physical card.

They could probably type in the card number on the machine, or if you pre-book they might be able to take the number

I'm not planning to rent a car anytime soon so not a major concern, but it's always nice to have the option

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭feargantae

Can you sign in on another device and see? I've the app on my phone and tablet. Both latest versions. On the phone the joint account option is there but on the tablet it isn't.

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Has anyone got the credit card or is it entirely waiting list still?

Bonkers says the APR is 17.99%. This sounds fairly crap, what am I missing here? My AIB credit card is about 10%?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Trying to transfer money from another account in another bank and they need to know the address for the bank in order to complete the transfer. Revolut app only shows me an address in UK and the Lithuanian address. I already have the Irish IBAN so wouldn't the bank address need to be in Ireland? Is it this one?

Revolut Bank UAB (Irish Branch), 2 Dublin Landings, 1 North Dock, Dublin 1, Ireland 

I don't really feel like contacting their customer service for this. Previously I've used the Lithuanian IBAN and address but not sure if it still works.

EDIT: Tried to make a transfer with those details and the new IBAN... Usually goes through in minutes but now no money has arrived on my Revolut account. Must be the switch causing them the need to manually check the transfer, I hope. I will be mightily annoyed if the transfer fails because of the switch. Can I just get the Lithuanian IBAN back if that works...?

Anytime I've needed to give an address I've just used the Irish one and it worked

Just tried a transfer to the Irish IBAN, normally takes a day for me so let's see if it takes longer

I think for the first transfer to a new IBAN it often takes longer anyway as your bank might flag it for extra verification

The Lithuanian IBAN is still active for 2 months after getting the Irish one, but it will be removed after that. So short answer, no going back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Ok i am about to pull the trigger on changing my salary to be put straight into my revolut account.

Ive googled and looked at people who have had issue and accounts frozen but obviously the majority on satisfied people are the quiet people.

I can always revert it back to my EBS account again but are there any reasons i shouldn't???

Advertisement