Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rookie - US-Pace- ABC (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

Everything to do with Bailey is contrived.

Her unit got the dispatch, she takes the ground floor, she doesn't see the tarp, and falls in fully.

They constantly have to twist logic to inject her into the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Muller1991

That was a great episode. The only negative is the way the ending I was a tad surprised, Honestly thought the story Arc would have went on until at least the mid season break.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Meanwhile, the Rookie: Feds episode to close out the story was pretty poor. Felt like a bad Criminal Minds episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I decided to give the spin-off a go against my better judgement, the first 3 episodes were mediocre at best but that last one was really bad. I might give it another one or two episodes to see if it improves in any way otherwise I'll call it a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Feds has had an additional 9 episodes ordered giving it a full 22 episode season

• Advertisement

Given it is a spin off from The Rookie I wasn't expecting any sort of realism but the whole 'I was a guidance councillor for 20 years' thing is really grating. I'm hoping they at least drop that before I call it quits, it might be somewhat tolerable without that.

Yep, Thats her "Thang". Nolan only mentions the odd time he was a builder lol.

Going to give Feds another episode or 2 before I give up on it. A Spin off probably would have worked better in a different police department i.e. The Rookie NYPD etc

Yeah he was for years apparently somewhere in the midwest lol.

For some reason the original is more believable even if the stories are far fetched. Better acting too.

Oh christ the new rookie is still with this psychic shite.

Bailey is still terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I'm up to date and the show is terrible, probably going to stop watching - it's not going to suddenly improve. As bad as blue bloods IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I agree it was switch off brain easy watching tv - like seasons 1 and 2 of lethal weapon.

but quality took massive dip last season so now it’s almost unwatchable.

And a month long break to kill any momentum they had.

Bringing back Rosaline, just to kill her, was a massive mis-step. Did they do it JUST to give Feds a launchpad?

Is it actually a month we have to wait ? I never understand why American shows have such a sporadic schedule 3 weeks in a row and then nothing for a month another 3 weeks and then gone again.

Longer. The next episode is January 3rd, so there is a 2-month gap between episodes (November 6th was the last).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yep looks like they moved around the schedule a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Is John going to bench his fire fighter girlfriend for the new woman on the scene I wonder, they seem to get in very well and she’s calling him for help already

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 27,108 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Jeeze this is getting really hard going.

Bailey is awful, shoe-horned into every episode, a master of every profession known to (wo)man, and the hair and dress sense of a girl 25 years her junior.

The new physic rookie for Nolan is also torture.

Nyla is also torture in every scene, she is just so cool.

Chen has the largest rear end since Shergar.

Lopez clearly has a warehouse somewhere with random t shirts on one wall and Miami Vice jackets on the other.

Someone said its nearly as bad as Blue Bloods...I think thats very harsh on BB.

I used to love this show but it's taken a massive dive, in quality, in the past 2 seasons.

Last episode:

Nolan is now acting as an rent collector enforcer, while dressed as a cop

Major drugs bust; lets send a TO, Boot, and 2 detectives. No armed support, no advance scouting, no peremiter covering.

Oh my sweet Korean Jesus: Celina and her fecking supernatural nonsense is now spreading to the entire cast

Finally found a profession which Bailey is crap at, totally inconsequential mind, in that she is just too gosh darn nice a landlord.

Writers "Hey, everyone, we love Bailey. Here's some fluff about how she is totally a nice one so we're going to need you to get all the way off our backs on this character"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think that its hit the point in the last two seasons of being completely devoid of its original charm and is now a bog-standard procedural where it wouldn't matter if you missed an episode. It was the same thing that made me switch off Blue Bloods; no overarching plot, episode-to-episode stories (more often than not), no tension with any story and worst of all characters that have devolved into huge caricatures of their former selves.

I remember the first season when John was a rookie and the other characters were three dimensional and the storyline where the original captain was caught with John and ended up being killed. Proper heart-in-mouth stuff. Obviously they can't kill off characters routinely but that whole storyline had far reaching consequences and was so well written. The worst part about it now is that they occasionally have a great episode and then follow it up with 4 or 5 stinkers. It's not meant to be "gritty and real" but some of the plots are so unbelievable I end up rolling my eyes.

It's a shame as I really want to love it again, but I think I'm done with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I bailed on the last episode

the Lucy Chen story is pathetic

seeing the woman with the phone still to her ear while looking at the phone stuck on the body was daft

The internet isn’t for everyone

The last Rookie episode was OK, but I turned off Feds after 10 minutes. Awful rubbish this week.

Two more of each this season.

I've only watched about 30 mins of the first FEDS episode. I just cant buy it. I think the character is far too OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 5 is on Sky Witness 2nd of February 2023 at 9pm

This week's episode wasn't too bad. A Bailey incident shoe horned into the storyline again. Have to say I'm enjoying the Wesley storyline too.

Feels like high stakes for sure. I wonder if everyone will survive the finale next week?

God both episodes were awful this week (Rookie and Feds).

Those documentary episodes can feck off and die, they are truly the worst.

I managed about 10 minutes of each before switching off.

I haven't watched them yet but the previous ones were terrible. I got the impression the writers think they're being clever with them but they can't pull it off - I assume these are the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes Niecy is too much as lead plus two other agents look barely 18 ( Britt and Kevin )

Advertisement