Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gremlinertia's Grotto

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Yup, doing well at the moment! Going over for the Wolves match next month, looking forward to it. Seen them plenty of times over the years but this’ll be the first visit over since the takeover.

You ever get over to Stamford Bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

ah I love Wolves, so well done today with ten players :) they have the spirit in the game that is so good to watch, i suppose after Che they are my fave in PL :) lol

You ever get over to Stamford Bridge?

unfortunately no, one thing on my bucket list but i love the place, have the feeling as i have been there so so many times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Go sports!.

*pores over photos of F1 cars and MotoGP bikes*

Verstappen to make it 3 F1 titles on the bounce this year?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

If he does it'll be a fight i think. Now us mere spectators won't glean any info from the testing, comparison with others on track isn't really valid as they are all looking for their own specific info.. I feel like ferrari and mercedes will be there or thereabouts though i am unsure if ferrari has the drivers to manage it..

He stormed to a 2nd last year with ease. Breaking Michael Schumacher's record for most wins in a season. I can't see Verstappen letting that trophy go, without one hell of an effort from everyone wanting to knock him off his perch,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Hope all are good in here. Just waiting for a doctor to open now so I can referred to a hospital. Think my atrial flutter is back

• Advertisement

“..atrial flutter..”

Sounds like something beautiful but I’m sure it’s not. Hope you’re doing better soon! 🤞🏼

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Yeah, it's a pretty way of saying part of my heart is out of sync with the rest. Leaves me winded and with a high heart rate.

Beta blockers any use for that or is it a treat it when it happens sort of thing?

I take beta blockers already. This is where they start talking about zapping me. Also known as cardioversion, which is basically "turn it off and back on again" for heart issues

Eeek! Sounds like an I.T. problem!

Happy Valentine's to all of ye !! 😍❤️

Btw nice to see ya again Lith & Wolfie :waving: :))

Bleeeuuurrggh...Valentine’s day 😕

Natalie Portman forgot to send me a card this year! Again!! 😤

I missed it all, worked until 08:00 brought card and a few little things for Mrs G and then my cuckoo doctor appointment and bed.

• Advertisement

Hello from the hospital. I getting a zap tomorrow morning to set me right again .

We'll have to change your name to shockwolf I hope it's all routine and you're up and out soon..

Fingers crossed you’re back ticking regular tomorrow! 🤞🏼🕰️🤞🏼

Hold on Cyber, our thoughts are with you :) fingers crossed it all gets to be alright for ya 🙏

• Moderators Posts: 51,859 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Happy Friday, Nocts! 😁

Hope you're feeling better Cyber:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

They ablated my heart. I feel 👍

• Advertisement

One ‘Sleep’ please, no ice..

..oh, and a bag of Tayto there thanks! 🥱

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

If they’re giving out sleeps get me one.

Awake this early of a day. Poxy trip to Dublin boo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Grem’s Grotto? Cool 😎

🥱 •rubs eyes• 🥱

..you’re going to the zoo? Sweet!

🥱😴😴

• Advertisement

A fcukin medical I didn't need to come up for! Ragin

Ah the oul Unnecessary Tiger Inspection? UTI’s are never any fun! 👎🏼

Incompetence on their part but I can't go all pointy fingers on it, mostly because my pointy finger is all pained up today

Unleash the pointy claw! 🐯

also: Unleash the pointy painkillers!! 💊

Meh, I'll rein it in for now, the angry that is, not the finger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Well Nocs , back out of bed so I’ll be up all night 😡

Gremlin grumbling as usual per friday

Who’s a grumbly tiger? Hah? Whosadooingthegruumplytiigerr??

-tiger tummy rubs-

Thought I was being smart last night. Falling asleep on the sofa at 11pm I said I’d be a good boy & head upstairs, get the full 8-10 hours & a good nights sleep. Fell asleep soon as my head hit the pillow but my brain likes to play games with me & switched the ‘Go’ button on around 3.30am. Been trying to get back to dreamland but a team of enchanted fairy sleep-merchants wielding magic sleepy-dust couldn’t flick me back to sleep mode now! =[

Damn you brain! 🧠

Very often I'll wake up somewhere between three and four hours after I fall asleep, it's bolt upright awake too, no glorious Tigger stretches

Yeah I’d love to know what that is (& how to avoid it!). BING!! The 4 hour alarm clock has just injected your brain with awake juice & there’s feck all you can do about it!

I’ll be no doubt falling asleep into my lunchtime sandwich this afternoon.

• Advertisement

I've another hour here but I'm fading fast..

Once I don't sleep past my bus stop later 🤣

If you’re unfamiliar with it check out Kaprekar’s Constant, fun mental maths exercise to keep the brain ticking:

Take any 4 digit number (you can use preloading zeros to bump up any 1, 2 or 3 digit number) that’s not just repeating the same number (like 1111 or 2222).

Reorder the number chosen (from highest to lowest & also from lowest to highest) to give you two opposing numbers with the same digits..

Take todays date - 0704

This would be reordered as 7400 & 0047

Subtract the lower number from the higher & repeat the process with whatever the resulting number is.

Within 7 steps of repeating this process, no matter what number you start with, you always end up with the number 6174!

Check it out!

Why this is in my head at 7:40 on a Friday morning is a mystery to us all.

Way waaaaaaaay too much for mush noggin!.

happy Friday, Nocts! 😁

happy Friday, Nocts! 😀

• Advertisement

happy Friday, Nocts!! have a great weekend :D

Advertisement