Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FIXERUPPER of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

2011 Skoda Octavia in need of a bit of fettling. Doesn't seem to be a PSV, so if it doesn't need an abs pump or controller rather than a sensor, is it a bargain?

N2YxMDdkNjQxMTcyZTkzZDRhZTJiZGE3MzYxNWVhZGPshXX2XcBNkW5oGUUsUwrMaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzgwMTE4ODZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

(I havent looked at it yet, but seems straight.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That's a lot of bodily fluids on those seats.

That's a lot of bodily fluids on those seats.

Usual VAG owner effluent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

2011 Skoda Octavia in need of a bit of fettling....

'Capital Trade Sales' selling it.......indeed :confused:

If it was any good why wouldnt they get off their backsides sort the trivia and get a new test ( would be 2 year ? )

I wouldnt...even if its great... its from a lazy dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭User1998

0lddog wrote: »

If it was any good why wouldnt they get off their backsides sort the trivia and get a new test ( would be 2 year ? )

Its Capital Motors selling the car as a trade sale. They are a decent garage. I’ve seen them sell cars worth €100k so they obviously don’t want/need the hassle of fixing a 10 year old car worth €2k

Nothing lazy there imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Yeah, capitol deal in fancier stuff that an old Octavia. BMW I8, Nissan R34 Skyline etc. Have been on their lot in the last few months.
    A sales man I worked with moved there at one point, not sure if he's still in there though.

0lddog wrote: »

It's clearly not "great" - it's a fixerupper being punted on to the trade. Just wondering if theres money in it. I'm in Dublin tomorrow to pick up another car so I might swing by and have a closer look. In the end, I think the bodywork will let it down, but let's see. I've a line of fellas looking for that sort of sh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The great thing about those “trade sale” ads is that if you know what you’re doing you can often get lucky with a very cheeky offer on whatever it is on offer. Dealers often just want stuff like this out of the way and the first wave of cash under their noses does the trick

The great thing about those “trade sale” ads is that if you know what you’re doing you can often get lucky with a very cheeky offer on whatever it is on offer. Dealers often just want stuff like this out of the way and the first wave of cash under their noses does the trick

Spot on, they didn't take it in to make profit on it, that profit was already built into the price of the sale.
    At this level anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-octavia-1-6-elegance-model-mint-condition/27924228

For the extra €500 I think the one above seems to represent much better value for money even if it is a year older (mileage is on a par between the two). Looks a lot more tidy and good to go (assuming it wasn't tarted up to the nth degree). I think it's a better spec too (not too well up on VW/ Skoda spec's but think Elegance is fairly up there).

Anyway I know its not the purpose of the thread to be posting cars such as this - was just posting it to draw a comparison between the two, for anyone who may have being thinking they would be quids in from buying the silver one, putting a few quid into fixing and tidying it up and shifting it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I think it's a better spec too (not too well up on VW/ Skoda spec's but think Elegance is fairly up there).
    For that model the trim levels, in ascending order, were -
    Classic
    Ambiente
    Elegance
    Laurent & Klement
    VRS

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

[PEDANT]VRS is a UK-only spec. They’re called RS everywhere else[/PEDANT]

For the extra €500 I think.

I'll take that €500 and whatever I can wrangle for the year, thanks!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-cube-1-4/28321127

51220907916_48352fe66c_z.jpg

Koob with NCT til February 2022 and tax til June, needs a radiator (apparently), €400

Definitely would

I can't believe they sold a model without a radio in 2003. That's wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Paging ba_barabus..

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1998-renault-megane-1-6-automatic-tax-3-22/28593304

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIiwid2lkdGgiOjYwMCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo2MDB9fSwia2V5IjoicGhvdG9fMTg1NjcyNzQxIn0=?signature=9a1c17a5caac2cf9fcdd8f1e5a4403c23cb8c9ade91e47107ea5411c258b791b

1.6 auto phase 1, 56k miles, 9 months tax, €695

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Thoughts?

https://touch.adverts.ie/car/saab/95/2007-saab-9-5/24793424

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

Roughly what would it cost to get rear door and arch sorted? probably very little or no money, in trying to flip it?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Magown3

It's worth saving but looks to be a lot of work.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/28889130

BX 1.9 petrol a rare find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

If there anyone out there

Never mind. Sold today. This site used to be good until they changed format.

Post edited by zapata on

Nice wagon with "cheap" tax if you're handy with the spanners and the seller is being truthful

Saab

Thoughts on this one?

1.8T not starting!

2002 AUDI TT QUATTRO

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Looking for far too much.

If it was a 225 and the non starting is proven to be not an engine issue, it's worth something.

As it is, it will go for 500 I'd say.

you'll find it on facebook and learn a bit about the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

Hi all,

I have a fixerupper for sale possibly. Its a B6 Passat 1.9 TDI

saloon with 315k km on the clock.

My daily driver up until a couple of weeks ago.

I wouldn't mind some advice as to what its worth right now as is. NCT is out but booked in for Feb 5th. What I think it will need to pass the NCT is the back door drivers side looking at as for some reason, when I unlock the car it wont open from the outside, until I open it from the inside. Then it will open from the outside no problem 🤷‍♂️ Anyway I would hope to have that sorted for the test but it does have other things it needs sorting from a walk around by myself, listed below.

Needs a service

Timing belt is due very soon

Rear brake pads need replacing soon

Tyres are legal but fronts will need changing soon

Turbo is making a whistle/siren sound but has done since the day I took ownership 3 years ago, so dont know how much of an issue that is. Ive heard a few VW's make that noise

I see that these Passats are still getting decent money second hand. Assuming I would do the brake pads and and service myself, is it worth fixing and NCT'ing?? or the other questions, whats it worth as is??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭User1998

Looks clean. I’d imagine you’d get around €1,000 as is, or maybe €2,000 with problems fixed and new NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Get it through test and sell.

Wouldn't worry about door lock.

Don't spend anything on it. Test it. By the sounds of things, rear pads if very low are the only issue you see re getting it tested.

I'd certainly put it through as is and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Buffman

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Bump from bangernomics. Let’s see if we can get this thread going again.

€1350, needs a clutch and flywheel

@GavPJ

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Advertisement