Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭DvB

& every one of them (in that werewolf thread) went whoosh over my head!!!🤣

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Yep, skimmed the first post and was completely lost so decided wasn't for me!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Honestly if ye get time read over the game thread, it's a fantastic game of bluff. Very easy to play and so addictive, @kitten_k can confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yes I personally blame @Loughc for my addiction!!

And wait until you guys see the post count at the end of the game!!

Ahhhh, now it makes sense... is this @Loughc 's attempt at getting our post count up for the year!? 🤣

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

I reckon so!! These games do run into the thousands of posts depending on who is playing. If Necro was playing he usually gets that on his own 🤣🤣🤣

But I’m all seriousness, try following the game or read it over when it’s done, it’s great fun.

There is also a dead room on Discord where people watching who are to playing or people who have died in the game will be watching the game and posting about it so that would help with understanding it too.

I read the thread there at lunchtime and hand on heart haven't a breeze as to what's going on... I genuinely am struggling to see the point of the game and how the end goal is achieved. Maybe, as you say it will be clearer at the end, but for now I'm lost.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's simple there are villagers, and amongst the villagers are bad guys, wolves.

The Objective of the villagers is to catch and kill all the wolves. The objective of the wolves is to stay hidden amongst the villagers for as long as possible so they end on parity with the villagers.

The wolves get to kill one person per day and the villagers get to vote to lynch someone each night.

Okay, that seems simple enough, do the wolves know who the other wolves are? and can they converse between themselves?

• Advertisement

Yes there is a back room (off site) where they can talk.

All players with a role (good or bad) get a backroom

Yep the wolves can plot and plan in a backroom, they are currently using discord.

Do I have to live in my parent's basement to play?? 🤣

Ha ha no, we an alright bunch once you get to know us 🤣🤣

I'm actually excluding the WW posts from the stats count, it'll flex the results too much. Kinda like COVID did for the previous 2 years.

We ended up November 233 posts ahead of November last year. We finally beat a month from last year! :P

Still trailing last year by 4,818 posts. Stupid COVID. We are on the verge of breaking the 9k mark for the year. On course to end up as the 3rd/4th busiest year ever for the forum.

Are we on track for busiest ‘non- COVID’ year?

Yes but It'll be close with 2019, that had a very strong end to the year.

We can definitely make 2022 the busiest non Asterix year!

The stats for 2022 are in.....

• Advertisement

And 2022 ranked 4th busiest. Falling behind the 2 covid years 2021 & 2020 and just 66 posts short of 2019!!

A look at how the year went, November was our busiest month, in line with previous trends. Aug onwards saw the upward trend and summer had a big drop off.

Sooooooooo close!

Some interesting numbers in there (for us stat nerds!). A thousand posts in a summer month (May 2021) is crazy and can't think that we would ever get near that again. The more telling numbers for me are that we beat the BER months (total) from 2021, which is really the business end of the year for us.

Some random stats for 2022.

We had 5 days last year if had it not have been for @freshpopcorn we would have had zero posts.

3 of which were Saturdays and 2 were mid-week in July. The countdown saved our bacon!

Monday was the busiest day of the week by a large margin, 267 posts ahead of Thursday which was the second busiest day of the week.

Saturday was the quietest day for posting for us, coming in over a 1,000 posts behind Monday and 500 posts behind Wednesday which was the 5th busiest.

Sunday was the second quietest day coming in 200 posts ahead of Saturday.

One the flip side of this we had 9 days each exceeding 100 posts.

3 came in January due to tournaments, 2 came in February, 3 in November and 1 in December when we had snow.

Interesting to see the breakdown for different days. Seems broadly inline with previous years from what I remember.

Just a week in and we have surpassed April, May and July 2022 totals. Nice.

Whatever about the weekend days the mid week ones are a surprise.

I'm pretty sure I checked in every day at some point last year and whilst there was some quiet days I never noticed no posts (other than the countdown)

I'd actually be frightened to look at my post count in here last year.

• Advertisement

I'd say I'm definitely guilt of checking in the odd day and seeing no bold posts and not posting. Not many mind.

The stats are in for Jan.

We ended up 467 posts behind 2022. We did beat 2020 Jan total pre-pandemic by 2 posts. So we are defintitely back at pre-pandemic levels.

4th busiest January, falling behind 2021,2022 and 2018. Not sure what was happening in 2018 that was so busy haha.

Tuesday is currently the busiest day of the week for posts and Saturday the quietest day.

Shame we fell below 2021 & 2022 but with those two following Covid Christmas's I suspect we're returning to normal service here. I suspect 2019 is the year to reference moreso looking back, that being the last full year with no pandemic factor influencing it.

Not too surprised by those numbers. Wonder what was going on in 2018?!

The stats are in....

February ended up 355 posts behind last year, leaving us 822 post behind year to date.

However this was the 3rd strongest amount for February, trailing behind 2022 & 2021.

• Advertisement

Tuesday is still the busiest day of the week for posts, but Monday is catching up. Saturday is still the quietest by a long shot.

We were in lockdown Jan & Feb last year right??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

It wasn't a full lockdown though, the schools were open - all the kids were in pods to try and minimise their contacts.

I know I was in the office last Jan & Feb, we haven't been full time remote working since May 2021 so definitely not a lockdown.

Last of the school closures ended in Feb 2021, with the kids back start of March that year & have been back ever since. Hard to believe that's 2 years ago now.

• Advertisement

It's amazing how quickly you forget these things. Maybe not the worst thing to be forgetting about!

The last 3 years have all blended into each other for me at this rate!

Wait till you hit my age, it's whole decades that are mashed together. If it wasn't for the kids birthdays I'd be lost...😀

March 2022 total has already been surpassed already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Woop woop 🙌🙌🙌

March 2023 ended up 307 posts ahead of last year and 101 posts ahead of last month. A good result for March, now the second highest March on record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

🎉🎉🙌🙌🙌

Suspect April may be harder, dont know why but I'm getting the feeling that posting has slowed down in the forum in the last week or so. Hopefully I'm worng and its just my own perception because I havent been logging in as much.

No you’re very much correct but surprisingly last April started similarity as well.

I’ve been slammed lately in work and when I do finish work the nice weather encouraged me to get out for a walk in the evenings.

April ended up 44 posts ahead of last year but we are 471 down up to April year to date on last year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement