Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Ah I expected the post count to be down, its definitely been the quietest year in a while. Dare I say it, are we running out of things to say about Christmas!!!

Clearly not, or the post count would have fallen off a cliff, but I think as we rediscovered life after covid people have been busier & busier & jut dont have the time to spend online.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 34 reactadabtc

It's amazing how busy the last few years are given the drop in boards.ie traffic overall. Goes to show what a good community can do

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

This is very true; I used to check a couple of other forums in here but since the change to the new Boards, this is pretty much the only one I look at...maybe the Travel one when I'm planning my hols

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The stats for 2023 are in!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2023 is the 6th busiest on record and in a very welcoming twist it is the first year ever December had more posts than November. December ended up with 125 posts more than November and 357 posts behind on Dec-22. YTD we were behind by 2,135 posts on last year.

I really proud of December 2023, the conversations had here were very organic and some fantastic threads, loved the Christmas Dinner one!

A look at some of the stats for 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Interesting figures. You can almost take the covid years out of it from an analysis point of view. Conditions very different for those two years.

Yeah agreed with the covid years. I think we are down a lot for 2023 as I didn’t have the time to host or come up with any games like know your elves etc.

I would like to get back to doing know your elves as that’s really interesting. Hopefully my schedule/life allows for it to happen.

• Advertisement

I agree that the 2 primary covid years at 15k posts each are a real outlier and shouldn't really be the par for years to come, I reckon the 2 10k years either side are more reflective of the group on here nowadays.

Surprised we're down so much (c.20%) on last year though, had a feeling we were down on previous years but would have thought we'd have been reasonably close to last year rather than being down a full fifth.

Post edited by DvB on

Discussion did feel organic and natural, though, like you said, without 'forcing' or helping things along with games. Spring/summer lulls can be a better time for tournaments etc, as the conversation naturally flows more freely in the run up to Christmas.

I'd say this has got to be one of the only forums (fora) where figures are on the increase every year though- especially with the number of people lost after the switch to the new 'improved' platform; plus the natural decline of message boards as more people online struggle to express themselves coherently. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

You're right @Posy. Seems boards not as popular as it once was. There were a few very regular posters here that don't seem to post any more. Suppose people on.

We broke the 1,000 post mark for the month yesterday. Been a real fun month on the forum, the conversation has been flowing like a fine wine.

Nicely phrased! 😁

We ended up the month of Jan only 22 posts behind last years figure. breaking the 1k mark in the process.

Great month, been good conversations had. Inevitably there will be a drop in Feb as Jan is partly still in season so more traffic.

What was last Februarys total post count? This is my one stop shop for stress relief at the moment so am happy to post away, even if here by myself LOL!!

Given my level of activity on here, you're never on your own haha. Last Feb was 677.

• Advertisement

no I mean 10%.. sure thats just 67/68 posts today... no problem at all!! 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Andrew93

When reading about the post count I always feel guilty as I lurk daily in multiple threads but don't often comment.

I need to change that. Sometimes its feeling like your commenting for the sake of it rather than to contribute that stops me.

Much like right now...

Mad day at work, so no time to post

at

all

My boss showed me what’s in the pipeline for 2024 and well I wish it was 2025 😂😂

Seems there's a few of us up to our eyes with work... this bank holiday is unbelievably well timed in that regard...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I'm also reading every day but not posting. Work is busy, still finding my feet, so am exhausted when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Had a day off so popped up to see my aunt. Ended up taking her to a Dr appt which ended with her being referred to hospital to recuperate as she really isn't well. Has a horrible chest infection or something for ages now, antibiotics not working, and gastritis with it. She looked so frail today and she's not even 70 yet!

Advertisement