Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The stats are in for Jan.

We ended up 467 posts behind 2022. We did beat 2020 Jan total pre-pandemic by 2 posts. So we are defintitely back at pre-pandemic levels.

4th busiest January, falling behind 2021,2022 and 2018. Not sure what was happening in 2018 that was so busy haha.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tuesday is currently the busiest day of the week for posts and Saturday the quietest day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Shame we fell below 2021 & 2022 but with those two following Covid Christmas's I suspect we're returning to normal service here. I suspect 2019 is the year to reference moreso looking back, that being the last full year with no pandemic factor influencing it.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Not too surprised by those numbers. Wonder what was going on in 2018?!

The stats are in....

February ended up 355 posts behind last year, leaving us 822 post behind year to date.

However this was the 3rd strongest amount for February, trailing behind 2022 & 2021.

• Advertisement

Tuesday is still the busiest day of the week for posts, but Monday is catching up. Saturday is still the quietest by a long shot.

We were in lockdown Jan & Feb last year right??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

It wasn't a full lockdown though, the schools were open - all the kids were in pods to try and minimise their contacts.

I know I was in the office last Jan & Feb, we haven't been full time remote working since May 2021 so definitely not a lockdown.

Last of the school closures ended in Feb 2021, with the kids back start of March that year & have been back ever since. Hard to believe that's 2 years ago now.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

It's amazing how quickly you forget these things. Maybe not the worst thing to be forgetting about!

The last 3 years have all blended into each other for me at this rate!

Wait till you hit my age, it's whole decades that are mashed together. If it wasn't for the kids birthdays I'd be lost...😀

March 2022 total has already been surpassed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Woop woop 🙌🙌🙌

March 2023 ended up 307 posts ahead of last year and 101 posts ahead of last month. A good result for March, now the second highest March on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

🎉🎉🙌🙌🙌

Suspect April may be harder, dont know why but I'm getting the feeling that posting has slowed down in the forum in the last week or so. Hopefully I'm worng and its just my own perception because I havent been logging in as much.

No you’re very much correct but surprisingly last April started similarity as well.

I’ve been slammed lately in work and when I do finish work the nice weather encouraged me to get out for a walk in the evenings.

April ended up 44 posts ahead of last year but we are 471 down up to April year to date on last year.

• Advertisement

May looking like it will end up about 50 posts behind on last year which makes sense as it is very quiet here these days. The glorious weather doesn't help that haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hard to think of Christmas when the weather is so glorious!

Quietest in here its been in a long time... surprised we're only 50 posts down on May 2022 actually, would have thought we're way lower.

Same but I think we had a similar issue last year with this time of year and weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,169 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hopefully I'm back annoying ye all again, it will get the numbers up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

😂😂

Be interested to see the next stats update, suspect our numbers have plummeted. Though with the decent weather of late thats understandable. Hard to think of autumn/winter when its this warm & humid.

Yeah I always struggle to think of Christmas when I’m bathing in factor 50

• Advertisement

Could do with that x2 at the moment, real feel on the phone said it was 41 degrees here yesterday and it's already got a real feel of 35 this morning... scorchio!!

Rain forecast for tomorrow evening though which I suspect will cool us down a little thankfully.

Advertisement