Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tghkhbd

Thank you for the amazing information, but then it made me lose..

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭floyd333

I was on the older SKY+HD package. It was €39.90 per month but has gone up to €49 after the year's contract was up. I called asking about a deal and the best they would give me was Sky Signature with HD for €37 euro for 6 months and €41 for 6 months.

I told them to cancel.

A new subscriber can get sky signature and Netflix for 35 euro per month for a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

What are the prices / discounts generally looking like these days ? I’ve to ring during the week to do my parents yearly haggle.

Last years lad seemed to be more on the ball & looked at my previous deals & was reluctant to give me anything as I get something every year.

Looking at their bill they pay €23.40 for signature & €26 for sport, anybody getting similar or better prices lately ?

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Havent got a call from them in a while but there current offers end on the 11th of nov so id imagine teh black friday offers will be after that if they can sign up as new customer

• Advertisement

I never got around to ringing sky to haggle instead they have just emailed me telling me they extended my discount for the next 12 months ! Anybody else get this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

No but would love an offer like that. How many weeks were left on your contract when they sent the email?

I have 31 days left on my contract so was considering calling tomorrow to cancel but maybe I’m better off waiting to see if they mail me too..

My contract is up in early December, 5th maybe so I was a few days past my 31 days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

I cancelled Multi Room and HD. From Jan 31st my monthly bill will be €48.72 pm for Signature. That’s pretty steep for a single box so I’ll be getting rid of Sky completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭CoBo55

• Advertisement

Rang today to cancel after being on €65 deal for internet, TV, sky sports and sport extra package - they offered me same for €108 with breakdown as follows;

Internet €40

Sky Signature €38

Sky Sports €20

Sports Extra €10

I will definitely keep the internet at that price. I want the sports but I’m essentially paying €68 for it when you add in Signature which we don’t use much - so I could just get NOW TV for a good bit cheaper.

If I go through with TV cancellation will I get a better offer there and then or hope for a call back before contract ends in 31 days?

Went through with the cancellation - they came with no counter offers! I'd like to keep it really so hopefully they'll be in touch with an offer - if not I'll have to go crawling back!

Will they still offer me discounts if I call back or will I be looking at the full price?

I was coming to the end of my 6 months half price deals, the bill was jumping from 63 to 99. Tried my best but couldn't get him below 72 which is for Sig, multi room, HD, kids and movies. That will bring me to the end of my contact next year, I'll either go for Q or go to VM.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭geriatric

Are Sky obliged to let you know that your TV contract is coming to an end?

Mine expired in Nov 21 and they've charged me €43 since then for Signature package? Up from €22.

No I don't think so that's where they get you. They are obliged to inform you of price increases and are obliged to let you out of contract if it's over a certain percentage, (4% I think).

Pity it doesn't apply to energy providers I'm after been skulled by energia since October by much more than 4% and not one peep from them😡

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭kenn0

Hi all starting cancellation today. What deals are people getting ? This what I will be paying if I go full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 090LD

Hi does anyone know if you get treated as a new customer if your already have a TV sub but looking to add Broadband?

43 euro. 

The discount we now have is 5 euro off signature, with an additional 7 euro off the core package. Reducing the bill to 31 euro.

any key get better than this??

I only have Tv with sky no BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Just coming to the end of first year as "new customer" with Signature pack. Was due to jump from 25 p/m to 43.

Got someone fairly quickly on the phone and was offered 29pm straight away, no haggling. I know new customers are now paying 30 p/m for Signature and the agent confirmed that. Was happy enough with keeping it sub 30 till I see one or two people here are still getting it for 21 - 23. Maybe I should have cancelled and see what they offer as last resort. 🤔

Hi all further updates

I’m going sky Q

free upgrade and install. €31 per month for sub.

happy enough with that.

• Advertisement

Very nice. I'm thinking of going Q myself. Did you ring them or did they contact you?

I emailed to cancel

I got a call a week later offering skyHD at €31

and or change to sky Q €33 install fee sky q for free. Didn’t commit on call.

then contacted them through Facebook messenger. Offered free install, free 1TB sky q box and €31 pm for 12 months.

happy enough to change for that. Install next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Having an awful time trying to cancel sports and Cinema. I keep getting passed around through departments.

I get it through Now TV and they won't believe me that it's cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭TheHulk

Don't think you have HD there - just something to watch out for in case you expected it. Would be up to a tenner on top of the €31

We've been Sky customers for over 20 years. But we have Sky Signature+Kids that was going to be 47, sent them a message on Facebook and they said 35 but later in the day before I responded brought it to 33 for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

thanks for this. I want to message them too. Is it just through sky tv page on facebook?

Yep. I went to the page facebook.com/skyireland good luck. 👍🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Contacted the facebook post a few days ago to cancel sky. Got a SMS back saying i had to phone them to cancel...Ok...

on hold for 10 or so, got through and they verified i am a gold vip member, 5 years blah blah.

Current pricing was 91 euro in total, which was going to 146 euro soon.

Sky signature 43 euro

Kids package 8

Sky go extra free

Sky ultrafast max 1gb 44 euro (this is the one that is increasing to 95!)

Offer when i asked for cancellations

Sky signature 33 euro (for 1 year)

Kids 4 euro for 6 months only, no contract, month to month

Broadband 55 euro.

Total of...drum roll please.... 92 euro!

One euro more then i was on when i called them!

told them to go ahead with the cancellation. While i do like sky, thats far too much for whats on offer with no multiroom, no HD, no movies or sports etc

Advertisement