Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

Finally got my hands on my Christmas Lego gift to myself, got the Range Rover on sale so it will look good beside Ecto 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just finished the Light House set which I got for Christmas. It's a stunning build. Ideas really has produced some of my all time favourites now. It'll look great when worked in with the Old Fishing Store. The price is steep though. 300 euro is an awful lot; but then again the Jazz Club should be no more than around 160 in my mind... and they're charging 230 for that. If you were to subtract that much inflation from the lighthouse you'd have a much more reasonable 230 euro set. I'll also say for the piece count, that the box is ridiculously heavy, so there's lot of large parts along with the motors and lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Argos closing which is a shame for many reasons but also that they did have some great sales on Lego at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Literally going to post that. They really had the best lego deals when on sale. Sure I picked up a few the other day from them on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Not sure if I am supposed to be able to post in here, but I'll ask my question anyway. I have a box of very assorted old (probably 40 years or so, mostly the weetabix lego) , is it likely to be of interest to anyone or should i just leave it in to a charity shop? It's about a good size shoe box full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

totally random when i was clicking through Amazon - saw the awesome 3000+ pieces Greyskull castle non lego set (discounted from £220 down to £95) i posted it in the bargain thread ha. Not sure if we have any MOTU fans here ha.

It is actually great to see so many uprising brick toy companies in recent years (why not, when Lego shows that the market is so huge and lots of profit to make). I saw time to time on Amazon on alot of these Asian theme sets (like Japanese restaurant shops etc) truly look incredible, so tempting at times lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Buying fake lego just feels wrong 😬

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭HorseSea

Yes and it also causes chaos in the aftermarket as parts get mixed and buying or selling used parts is a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

These two are available from today to redeem with points. I reckon the Architecture set will be quite popular.

• Advertisement

I don't mind lego doing it that way to use your points but I hate that you can only claim 1 in each order you make and not altogether. I know its a smart move on lego to get you to spend more money with them but I find it extremely annoying all the same.

We all paid premium for the QC cost for lego bricks (and their patent minifig ha) - the brick design is actually not originated by lego (they actually copied some other company back then). If these other new/uprising toy makers can produce good quality bricks, why not?

The enjoyment comes from the building process and that matters most for me, especially for a display piece for a franchise that unlikely Lego will have a set on (and Mega Bloks is not some chinese sweatshop, they are a Mattel company that owns MOTU). That said, I haven't had any non lego bricks in house lol...

I am super keen on the architect GWP since I like mini sets and I actually don't have the Taj Mahal and Great Wall ahhh i didnt plan to buy anything again so soonnn (just claimed now lmao).

Yeah done the same there. I will hold off claiming it until there is 1 of those VIP accessories packs when you spend over 50 threshold as I would like to get something free when making an order and don't want to spend big on lego site at moment. So need to do 55 euro spend to get the free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭omri

Any nice gwp in lego store in dublin? Thinking of buying that new wood cabin and cashing in some vip points.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I got the Bionicle GWP, a city food truck thing and the Lunar VIP pack with the Cabin last Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Niska

New Rivendell set (from Lord of the Rings) officially revealed.

6167 pieces

15 minifigs

€500

Releases March 8th

I wants it, my preciousssss.

Looks brilliant. I wish it wasn't 500 tho. Some lego sets getting pricey as hell. Double VIP points from the 10th of this mth for 6 days I believe and there will be a GWP purchase for 100 spend. Its an off road ambulance. Looks good now, its like a 20 euro city set if you were to go out and buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah €20 would probably be about right. As it happens back in September or October I'd gone an rebuilt the ambulance from this set https://brickset.com/sets/60330-1/Hospital in bricklink studio, following along step-by-step with the instruction pages from the lego website. To make an inventory list that I could then export to bricklink itself so I'd have all the parts to do with my nephew, and it did come in at about €21-22 including minifig.

yes i just saw it - so smart they use the tvshow to release the old lotr - and this one looks greattt. and more sets to come!

and ah 500e - it is supposed to be £430 *smirk + roll eyes*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Lego are a bunch of shites! I wanted 1 months break for the wallet in march (even though i'll buy the speed champions and the Ford GT.) Now this glorious set!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭davetherave

Picked up the Lego Star Wars magazine this morning on the way in to work. No major interest in it but the minifig is Ba-Katan for anyone interested in Star Wars side of things. It has only been in one set before this, so basically a decent minifig for €7.

It's gas though, the average sale price for her on bricklink has plummeted. Averaging €16 in October, November, December, and January. Then it is the freebie with this months magazine and suddenly there's loads of them available for €6 or €7

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw1163&#T=P

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭stevexo

There's rumours of a new store opening in Cork city

Funny just in lego store in Jersey Gardens a few mins ago and they have sets up to 20% off as boxes a bit bashed. Like the office set for 96 dollars as box bashed. I wonder do they do that in Dublin store.

Some pics of lego store 5th avenue. It's absolutely brilliant to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

LOL @ Hulk with taxi. Needs more brooding Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

picked this set up today caravan family holiday, bought it in anticipation of buying the beautiful looking a-frame cabin later in the year saw the idea on Reddit that they’d work well together. . Had a 50 euro one for all so was able to use that against it which was nice.

Picked up the lion knights castle. Will leave the box in the hotel as it won't fit into suitcase but really glad I got it. Had lego castle when I was small always had great memories from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I love this set. The lighthouse secondary build is great too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Beyond excited for this set which is coming out on April 1st.

Advertisement