Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Great set! but why did you buy it abroad? could just get in dublin or order online..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I had dollars and was birthday so I said feck it. Was more wasn't buyi g much more so I said I might as well with double VIP points. I didn't want to put stuff on credit card but yeah would of been much easier to get it from lego website by a mile.

Just wondering anyone in lego store just wondering if you spend 180 do they still have the free GWP the 4 by 4 ambulance if you spend 100 and the free GWP if you spend 180. Thinking of going in on Sat and if both there might spend the 180

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

There’s movement on the brick link designer programme sets. The winter chalet has shipped for me and the mountain observatory I got an it’s out of stock so it will

be a little longer notification..

Yeah have the 1950s diner on back order it had changed to awaiting more stock but went back to back order. The mountain observatory looks deadly now you got a good 1 there. Did you get any free gifts with purchase when it was sent or do they qualify as such for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Winter chalet arrived today, no GWP I say it goes by order date for the GWP rather then shipment dates maybe and also probably just cause it’s bricklink they’re probably not entitled to them..

Thanks. I say your right about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

My modular Construction Site has gone to in warehouse and my money had been taken. Pretty awful timing for.my bank account

Same here regards the 1950s diner. Least its the cheapest set unlike your 1 sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

theres a sort of promo going on this week where you make your own shamrock in store and can bring it home, can’t beat free Lego!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,281 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Careful in regards the lego magazines. I bought 3 of the star wars magazines yesterday in Tesco but I only realised today that when I went to open 1 of them a smart person made a small hole in the packet and got the minifigure out that way and packet was still left on magazine. With them been paper now its easy to do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Anyone buy the Rivendell Set yet? I love all things Lord of the Rings, the price was putting me off but I saw it assembled in a Lego shop and now I cant get it out of my head.

Is it worth it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Been a while since I posted in here...

...so I paid my second visit to the Lego store on Grafton St. yesterday evening after work and just could not resist buying the new Galaxy Explorer set which is a lovely reboot of the original 1979 Legoland space ship.

It was €100 which I thought was pretty reasonable for 1,256 pieces, especially compared to Star Wars sets of similar size.

As a child back in the 1980s I had an awful lot of Lego town and space but never the biggest spaceships of the time.

It was hard to only come away from there with one set but I did get my VIP points plus two extra "freebie" sets - an Easter bunny limited edition set and a Creator bag set of Easter chicks. Very pleased! 😁👍👍

Planning to build it over the Easter but my partner was asking where we'd find the space to put it!

Post edited by JupiterKid on

Great set to pick up and get to get the 2 GWP as well. My little lad wants that set as well. But yeah space for lego is always the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,281 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

If anyone bought Rivendell from the Dublin store within the first week of it being available, it might be worth opening it as they received a bad batch which included 2x bag 6 and no bag 9.

Thankfully customer services were able to send a new bag 9 once they verified the batch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Dying to buy Rivendell, waiting for a double VIP points weekend or else a decent GWP though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

I'm the exact same as you

PS. You get 2% cashback with Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I love LOTR and the Rivendell set is amazing but a bit too expensive for my taste.

However, it looks huuuuge when assembled. Very impressive kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Is the Rivendell set on display in the Lego store in Dublin? I'd like to get a look at it in person before considering buying. Not a lord of the rings fan but I love anything medieval or castle-like. I was nearly going to part with over €300 for the Lego fishing store 21310 this week, which I missed out on when it was first released, but now I'm thinking I'll put the money towards Rivendell instead. I'll wait for double points and a good GWP before buying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

assume you have the 90th anniversary Castle from last summer?

No, I've decided not to buy it. I saw it on display and I thought it is a bit small, too expensive for what it is, plus I'm not a fan of the shade of grey on it. I'm going to get another couple of the creator 3in1 castles (31120) when they are on sale again for €80, and do some of the MOCs from Rebrickable. All in €240 for three of those sets vs €400 for the Lion Knight's castle. Rivendell is tempting me though. I'm heading to Dublin tomorrow hopefully, so will pop to the Lego shop and see if it is on display before I go for it. I'm not an impulse buyer; it takes me a lot of deliberation before I part with cash for Lego :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

Yes, it's in the Dublin store on display. They have it split into sections (it's designed to be split) as they couldn't fit it in the glass case all connected.

Would you not buy the lego castle and have the 3 in 1 sets surrounding it to add to it like an outer wall?

Now that's a good but dangerous idea. Not good for my wallet! I'll have a look at the Lion Knight's castle in store tomorrow and think about it. I'm leaning more towards Rivendell just because it looks fantastic not to mention huge, so I'm hoping the display model is as impressive in person.

Ahhh I understand to be fair Rivendell looks brilliant now. But the castle would be cool now. You could get a viking 3 in 1 set have that set as the port and have the castle set a bit back from it and have 3 to 4 creator castle sets surrounding them. So would look like a medeival strong hold with a port.

Well I came up to Dublin today, and went to the Lego store all excited to see the big price sets on display, and there were hardly any! Rivendell is split in two and stuck under the staircase in a cramped display case. No Lion Knight's castle, no lighthouse; these are ones that I wanted to have a good look at before buying. Meanwhile, they had loads of cheaper Lego Friends/Creator 3-in-1 sets on display. It seems a bit bizarre to not push the high prices items. They have a big display of Trinity college taking up loads of space, and it just looks dull and repetitive. Rivendell is like an afterthought tossed beside it! They'd be better served having the big items displayed when you walk in the door. Blow our minds a bit if you are going to ask us to spend hundreds of euros. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have the Lego store but they need to put a bit of thought into their displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Masterkey01

I was also there today, It was lovely and quite thank god, I had been in the store on a Sunday about 3 weeks ago and it was manic, Ive been able to visit Lots of Lego stores around the world as of recent and yes i agree with you, The sets that they had on display in Dublin were very underwhelming, Although it is a very cramped store compared to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,040 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The lighthouse was on display a few weeks ago.

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if they look at moving to a bigger shop in a couple of years.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement