Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Random Lego chatter!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

just made an order for the Starry night (surprisingly no price rise for this huh) for the missus and some lego wall hanger + CINCH BUCKET (didnt see this before and it looks good for storage ha) with a couple nice freebies:

You've qualified for a Winter Holiday Train (30584)

You've qualified for a Fun and Funky VIP Add On Pack (40512)

You've qualified for a Santa's Workshop (40565)

You've qualified for a LR PIRATE ADVENTURE RIDE (5007427)

You've qualified for a LEGO® Fleece Blanket (5007622)

I actually claimed one more fleece blanket via reward so I will buy something in Jan ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Quick question and apologies if this is the wrong thread to be asking in.

Are there any bricks and mortar stores where I could pick up the Back to the Future set at short notice or is the Lego website the only option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭Jacovs

There are 2 of them for sale on adverts. 1 in Limerick, 1 in dublin, both looking for €200. Both says brand new in box.

If that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭stevexo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

That's a nice haul I saw that as well, I'm 117 points short to get the VIP fleece blanket. If I was near the lego shop I would buy something for about 20 euro to get the points on straight away then just do a 200 euro order online to get all the loot you got above plus the VIP fleece. Have gotten the daughter the star night for Xmas as well.

the blanket actually looks nice (not sure if it is the same design from last year), and missus thought so too so ya. Will report back if they are actually nice ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭davetherave

Double VIP points now active until Tuesday. Raging though, I was going to get the McLaren F1 Technic set during black friday weekend when it was down to 160 and use their points offer to get €20 off for the price of €5. Those digital vouchers ended up selling out, so I said right stuff it, I'll get it again at some stage but at some stage last week I went back the Lego site and saw that I had five items in my basket instead of just the one. Had a quick look at old emails and VIP GWP calendars and I couldn't see that there would be another double points for Christmas so just said feck it, I'll get it now with all the freebies, the blanket, the holiday train, Santa Workshop etc.. Was on back order until today too. Might chance my arm on the chat if when it dispatches and the points get added to the account.

Should have just gotten it in Smyths and be done with it. :D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Had the same dilemma with some Christmas presents, but didn't want to risk it in case shipping would be slow. Chasing 2 x Vip and gwp's is a like a dog chasing its tail.

For Star Wars fans,

Jan 2023 wave has leaked,

only a few sets till March/May : 501st bp, Tie Bomber, x-wing polybag and slave-1 microfighter. I'm not a fan of Tie/Imperial ships but I'll have to get it for the new Admiral. My table in the Death-star is getting pretty full.

• Advertisement

I'm glad it's not the biggest wave out in January. Probably will cost 100 to 120 the most for them all. I think the tie bomber looks cool now but looking forward to a proper review on it.

I done 2 separate orders there well one just after midnight on the 9th for 202 euro to get the fleece blanket and I had the code for the camera to use so happy there as got a lot of free stuff there. Was 187 points short to get the other fleece blanket. But the other half and my daughter are in Birmingham so I asked them to pop inrmto lego store there which they did and spent 13 pounds and I got the 187 points on mto my account so I just went on and could get the other fleece blanket. Made the order there for 60 euro and threw the fleece code in as well. So fingers crossed I get them before Xmas as will give my 2 boys a fleece blanket each. Had ordered stuff black Friday and only arrived over last few days so I say it will be touch and go if I get them before Xmas but here is hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I had a go at my first winter Lego scene. It's a bit basic and I chucked in a couple of Harry Potter sets with the Christmas sets (and the wife's art school!). I think it looks pretty good though. The table gives it an icy feel: perfect for these cold days. I'm not a big Lego collector and had to work with what I have. I only spend €10 a week on Lego and only started when COVID kicked off in 2020, but I've got a few nice sets now. I also couldn't justify spending big money on lighting kits, so I just bunged on a cheap set of Christmas lights on this! Hope you all enjoy. Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas fellow Lego fans !!! :)

that looks absolutely incredible aha!

Ye i never understood how those light sets cost so much - honestly most of them dont even look that good... so your lights actually look good in comparison ha, it makes sense to light up the surrounding rather than the inside of the set lol. great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭davetherave

Chanced my arm on the chat with customer support about getting the double points applied to the Technic Mclaren set I ordered last week before the 2 x points was announced. It was on back-order until Friday and only shipped yesterday so I said I'd chance my arm because it was a big set. Went on and was nice and polite, gave him the story, and that it had dispatched during the promotion period and fair play to him, he said they can't always apply promotions outside of the promotion date and this should not be taken as a precedence but I should see them appearing on the account in a few hours. That'll will pay for another one of the adventure rides.

• Advertisement

That's cool now. I suppose there looking at it that it's points and not a GWP you were looking for so maybe a bit more wriggle room for them to give you that.

Post edited by syboit on

Yeah I think you done right I made an order on the 9th and 10th of December. Still in warehouse. Was hoping to get them before Xmas. They would want to be shipped by Friday the latest to hopefully have a chance to get them for Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭brianomc

Has anyone tried using a one4all card in the Lego shop in town? It's not on the list of retailers but as its a new enough shop I was hoping they just weren't added to the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

doubt it - one4all vouchers are a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement

Well my 2 lego orders came yesterday. Was happy out as got the 2 blankets between the 2 orders and a lot of the free lego GWP purchases as well. I believe there maybe from 1st January 2023 a 1980s space themed GWP with 150 spend so people might want to hold off till then if ordering after Xmas.

cheers for that tips actually, i still have another blanket voucher to use aha (thinking one of those chinese new year sets. The blanket is surprisingly a good size and nice quality - it smells bad though so we gave it a quick wash ha.

And ohye I just saw today there is a sweepstake on this rando 2014 LotR fig - I spent 50 points for the lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It can be hard getting rid of those cards. I generally get onto the support and get them to transfer the balance to my bank account. They charge €3, at least it was a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah I still have the 2 blankets in their plastic but yeah heavy now and big was surprised to be fair. Yeah would be tempted lile you to use my points to get another one ha. The Chinese set for 100 seems v good value as lots of minifigures. I want to get the new monkey kid set base for 100 that's out 1st January. I would not be surprised if the GWP isn't 1st January as lego would sell loads then would of thought more mid January.

That's it apparently.

Here is my updated Christmas village

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

That looks excellent, great job.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Love it! The Shrieking Shack is a nice addition.

Cheers, I love the idea of the TARDIS hiding in the corner. The Doctor always has to have a Christmas adventure!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

My first time building a winter Village. Happy with the outcome.

• Advertisement

That's awesome! Well done. Nice set up on the scene and the lighting makes it look magical. How did you do the ice rink? Custom job or is it the Chinese New Year set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭Glebee

Is there usually any discount on Lego in the sales after Christmas, want to pick up something for myself to tide me through to new year.

Usually argos would have a good sale on them from today but its crap this year, really disappointing. Lego site has sets reduced nothing I want tho. Smyths might come 1st January when the new lego sets reduced. I thought amazon would of had a sale today as most places do but no nothing. So it's really bad this year at this time of year usually I would of gotten loads in argos sale today but there reductions are really poor this time round.

Argos used to have great sales, with stuff marked down and then a further 20% off with a code. I got some great sets that way. Don't know what's happened recently but I haven't got any bargains in a long time anywhere. The only thing I see at the moment that is a good deal is the Seinfeld set for €56 on the Lego website, but I bought it already (at €80).

Yeah really disappointing this time round at this time of year. Argos has not been as great this year but I have gotten some good deals still but usually on Stephens day they would have half price sets on sale. Yeah I got the Seinfeld at the reduced price before, wasn't going to let that set slide by me.

Very little reduction in any Lego stuff post Christmas, if anything some prices have increased. Will hang on till Jan 1st and see what that brings.

Yeah it's the Chinese new year set, just modified a good bit. Fits in well with winter village and loads of mini figs

Had to bite the bullet as loved the 80s and early 90s lego theme. Just wish the threshold wasn't as high or literally wasn't right after Xmas but I would regret not getting same if sold out. So spent 190 today on lego site to get the free GWP. I just won't look at the credit card bill for a while lol.

Anyone manage to pickup the speed champs Nissan Skyline? Smyths in carrickmines only had a few of the new sets, seemed to be clearing shelves. Only managed to get the new Bugatti. Much stock in the lego shop I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭T.C.

Yeah, they've got some in the Lego store.. I can count about 8 on the shelf :)

Finally got my hands on my Christmas Lego gift to myself, got the Range Rover on sale so it will look good beside Ecto 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just finished the Light House set which I got for Christmas. It's a stunning build. Ideas really has produced some of my all time favourites now. It'll look great when worked in with the Old Fishing Store. The price is steep though. 300 euro is an awful lot; but then again the Jazz Club should be no more than around 160 in my mind... and they're charging 230 for that. If you were to subtract that much inflation from the lighthouse you'd have a much more reasonable 230 euro set. I'll also say for the piece count, that the box is ridiculously heavy, so there's lot of large parts along with the motors and lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Argos closing which is a shame for many reasons but also that they did have some great sales on Lego at times.

Literally going to post that. They really had the best lego deals when on sale. Sure I picked up a few the other day from them on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,788 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Not sure if I am supposed to be able to post in here, but I'll ask my question anyway. I have a box of very assorted old (probably 40 years or so, mostly the weetabix lego) , is it likely to be of interest to anyone or should i just leave it in to a charity shop? It's about a good size shoe box full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

totally random when i was clicking through Amazon - saw the awesome 3000+ pieces Greyskull castle non lego set (discounted from £220 down to £95) i posted it in the bargain thread ha. Not sure if we have any MOTU fans here ha.

It is actually great to see so many uprising brick toy companies in recent years (why not, when Lego shows that the market is so huge and lots of profit to make). I saw time to time on Amazon on alot of these Asian theme sets (like Japanese restaurant shops etc) truly look incredible, so tempting at times lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,513 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Buying fake lego just feels wrong 😬

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭HorseSea

Yes and it also causes chaos in the aftermarket as parts get mixed and buying or selling used parts is a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

These two are available from today to redeem with points. I reckon the Architecture set will be quite popular.

• Advertisement
Advertisement