Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Composite door

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

We went with 'bog oak' as it was the closest to black that we could get. There is a very very slight brown tint to it in very strong sunlight but 99% of the time it looks black. Plan is to paint the window frames to match this year.

We also went with a while inside to match the colours in the hall.

As a matter of interest... can White PVC Window Frames be painted???? I have seen 'older' houses like my own with Grey window frames but assumed he replaced his windows and and chose the frame colour at the factory stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I've seen people doing it online and a few companies offering it as a service. I've used a product called plastidip on car parts before and I'm going to use that on the PVC frames. Its removable so if it goes wrong or looks bad I can peel it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Masala wrote: »
    As a matter of interest... can White PVC Window Frames be painted???? I have seen 'older' houses like my own with Grey window frames but assumed he replaced his windows and and chose the frame colour at the factory stage!!

Seen some got them sprayed and they have come out very well. Family member considering getting it done. Changing their door but keeping and spraying the white windows, nothing wrong with the windows, just dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

Hi Folks,

Has anyone dealt with Murphy Larkin for Palladio doors? Listing the Sunbeam 2 for €1290 on their website. I was quoted €2200 by another company but that includes a overhead window and fitting

https://murphylarkin.com/composite-doors/Palladio-Sunbeam-CD-Glazed-Door-and-frame-Set?limit=100

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

Hi, anyone order a composite door recently. Looking to get one with one full length side panel and quotes are all over €3k so far just wanting to see if it's in line with what everyone else may have come across. Based in Dublin here so prices might be cheaper for users outside of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Ravendale

Supply and fit door (with standard handles) low threshold and standard sidelight approx 2. 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

Cheers my lowest quote for Palladio door is €2690.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ebayissues

Can anyone pm companies would paint pvc windows - getting door fitted... door colour and window are different colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

There is a company called UPVC revive... iv never used them, just know of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4 offersinshops.com

To update this thread I am getting priced for (supply + fit)

1 side panel + Palladio door, standard handle = 2700

2 side panels + Palladio door, standard handle = 3000 (500 extra for bar)

2 side panels + Apeer door, standard handle = 4000

Are these the new prices with inflation you would expect or am I just not shopping enough ?

If so PM me please with better suggestions and I will post the other prices I get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 offersinshops.com

Just got another quote for 2 side panels + Palladio door, standard handle = 4817 (for same Palladio door as above)

By the way shopping around it seems like you can get around 10% discount if you can change the windows at the same time. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

2 side panels + Palladio door, standard handle = 3000 (500 extra for bar)

Not much below what i was quoted recently. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Got a quote yesterday for a new front door for our holiday home.

2100 for a Palladio composite door, fully fitted, no side panels, circular porthole, standard handle.

We are considering going for a PVC door as it's cheaper at 1350, less color choice but can't justify the spend on a composite door.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Limbo159

I have a current quote of 4800 for a apeer door. 2 side panel and premium colour. Sick looking back through this thread on how much they have inflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Seems like a lot of price gouging going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Registered Users Posts: 25 IanFrawls

@babyj - considering ordering a door from the same company, can you tell me how your door worked out please? Are you happy with it? PM me if you prefer. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MildThing84

Had a rhino "Pearse Door Anthrocite Grey" composite door (page 16 top middle of their brochure) with two side panels supplied and fitted for 2,600 in May.

Some of the prices here are outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Juran

Early 2020 (just before covid), we paid €2,000 for a black Camden composite door with 2 stained glass inserts, plus side panels with opaq glass, fully fitted, old door removed and plastering finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jaydel92

Hi all,

I run a window & door firm. We went into business last year and I confirm that we are not price gouging, for us to buy the windows & doors now is crazy money. 40% increase on the frames and glass.

Very hard to sell with the inflated prices.

For example a Cairo Door, with two sidescreens ,& stormguard threshold is selling at 4k.

Crazy I know

• Registered Users Posts: 30 finnyob

While this is trending, we got a Palladio 'Dublin' door, chartwell green outside, white inside, with standard handles and a single side screen same colour scheme, fully fitted for 2600 back in May. Always worth asking "how much can you do for 'cash'?" to knock a few quid off. We're Dublin based.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭me4many

Hi folks..

May I ask if anyone has had the small pane of glass in composite door replaced and if so what was the procedure and was it a success.

Thanks.

When our composite door was installed a few years ago, the 2 small panes of glass had a rose design ... which was not what we ordered, we order a stained glass. The door company arrive a week later and replaced the 2 small panes with the correct design. We werent home, but I believe it took them 10 minutes. You would not notice a thing, fully sealed, no damage, and no problems since.

The doors are designed that the beading can be removed without damage, glass replaced, and beading put back again.

Thank you for that info..

Would you know if the work was carried out on the inside or outside of the door i.e which side was the beading taken off .

Thank you..

I can't say, as we werent home when it was sorted. We left a key out for the window fitters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Palladio front door fitted with a widish side panel of glass on one side in April - just under 3k.

Worth every penny in terms of keeping heat in mind you, in an already draughty house.

We got a back door also, in total the whole lot was just under 5k.

Separately, 2 small windows were 840eur.Our supplier/fitter was a lovely man, who told us from the outset costs were sky rocketing.He held off his first quote for us to wait for the cost of glass to settle, rather than give us the wrong quote, as everything was going up

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 niairin

Hello,

I'm looking into getting a composite door in Cork. Prices vary for a single door from 1600 - 2700 for the same door e.g. palladio. I'm slow to go with the cheapest option but don't fancy being ripped off. Clearly the difference in price is installation. Is the lower price worth it?

Eilis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

We are replacing a upvc door with a composite door 2 side panels and a top arch. Quotes we are getting are ranging from 3700 to 4500. I know everything has gone up but these prices seem a bit mad. Anyone replaced one recently similar to my one?

Advertisement