Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Composite door

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 emeraldpearl

in2dark wrote: »
    so just to update on my research.

I went today to the company that sells it for 1600 supplied and fitted. Descent people is all i can say. They charge extras for the likes of door knocker etc. So the design I like will eventually cost 1680. Nowhere near the 2250 or the 2400 I got from other ones with showroom.

As i said before i got from individuals with no showroom prices from 1600 up to 1900.

I believe it is a no brainer to go with the co i visited today, On top of that they have a couple positive reviews on google regarding their fitting.

Hi, is it possible if you could pm me also of the guys you went with? I would appreciate it. Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I went today to the company that sells it for 1600 supplied and fitted. Descent people is all i can say. They charge extras for the likes of door knocker etc. So the design I like will eventually cost 1680. Nowhere near the 2250 or the 2400 I got from other ones with showroom.

As i said before i got from individuals with no showroom prices from 1600 up to 1900.

I believe it is a no brainer to go with the co i visited today, On top of that they have a couple positive reviews on google regarding their fitting.

Can you PM me company name please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

If anyone on here has used a company in the vicinity of Bailieborough/Shercock or close that they would recommend for doors & windows could they pm me the details
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hannah2011

Hi there, I got a quote for €2,450 for a composite front door, it just has a pane of glass above the door so no side panels. It is a very reputable company, but I do wonder if that is rather pricey?

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Hannah2011 wrote: »
    Hi there, I got a quote for €2,450 for a composite front door, it just has a pane of glass above the door so no side panels. It is a very reputable company, but I do wonder if that is rather pricey?

Without knowing exactly what you're ordering (handles, knockers etc can increase the price) I'd say it sounds a bit pricer than I've heard for a door with glass on the side. Wouldn't think glass on top would be much different.

Get other quotes IMO, go with whoever you're most comfortable with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

in2dark wrote:

Can you pm me the company name? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭famagusta

in2dark wrote:

Can you send me the company name ad well please?

Also, I was wondering about colours, if we have a red door with red framed side panels outside, we were thinking of white frame inside and a red door or just have it all white, what is the most common?!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hannah2011

If not too late, could you also Pm me the name?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭geo88

geo88 wrote: »
    For anyone that has had a composite door installed - what can you expect in terms of installation and damage to the walls/hallway, if any?

Do you need to do any work after the door is installed to get everything good again? (E.g.: plastering, re-painting, re-flooring, skirting re-done around the door etc.). Or is it generally done in such a way that there's no damage at the end?

Hating to quote myself, however, I was wondering if in the meantime anyone has had a door installed and can speak about the experience and what work might still be needed afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

geo88 wrote: »
    Hating to quote myself, however, I was wondering if in the meantime anyone has had a door installed and can speak about the experience and what work might still be needed afterwards.

A normal door installer will repair all interior plaster work and repair any exterior render that gets damaged in the fitting . All flooring, skirting and painting would be your responsibility to sort afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Eire885

Hi, I'd also appreciate a PM with the name of the company - cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

were getting one in Galway for about 1600 for just door and frame, inlaws are getting one too with larger side panel/window for about 2400

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

Eire885 wrote: »
    Hi, I'd also appreciate a PM with the name of the company - cheers

please pm me details,much appreciated
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 miss jenny2010

Hi can you pm me the name of the company please

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

If something is too good to be true ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Hi could you pm me the name please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

just buy door then get carpenter to put in
    for security if it's outside I would get steel door
    and avoid glass so robbers can't look in or break glass to open lock
    also make sure lock has handle inside in case fires it might be cheaper to look up north or uk

https://www.lathamssteeldoors.co.uk/security-front-doors/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIreyRsrCM7AIVeT2tBh1eogoIEAAYASADEgJ04vD_BwE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    just buy door then get carpenter to put in
    for security if it's outside I would get steel door
    and avoid glass so robbers can't look in or break glass to open lock
    also make sure lock has handle inside in case fires it might be cheaper to look up north or uk

https://www.lathamssteeldoors.co.uk/security-front-doors/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIreyRsrCM7AIVeT2tBh1eogoIEAAYASADEgJ04vD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Togglename

Hi, is it possible if you could pm me also of the guys you went with?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 warrensworld2

Hi any chance you could also pm me that company details, seems like a very good find.

Thanks

quote="in2dark;113656879"]so just to update on my research.

I believe it is a no brainer to go with the co i visited today, On top of that they have a couple positive reviews on google regarding their fitting.[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Would also request the name of the company above if someone could send it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 warrensworld2

Hi did you ever find out the name of the company?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

What I dont understand on this forum is that in the other thread about kitchens, suppliers are mentioned and people are giving their experiences on those suppliers, good and bad and personal recommendations.

Why is the thread about doors different and all about private messages? Its not very consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭leduigs

Anyone able to PM the details of that good price of 1600 from Dublin please.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭in2dark

Here is the price I found for the single palladio fitted

https://bpmsupplies.ie/products/the-palladio-composite-doors-single-fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭leduigs

Here is the price I found for the single palladio fitted

https://bpmsupplies.ie/products/the-palladio-composite-doors-single-fitted

That's great, thank you for sending.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

We paid almost 3,700e (before grant, as we are getting a full retrofit through a seai scheme) for one of these Palladio doors but we have a panel either side and a panel above the door, which increases the price to at least 2,500 on that site (plus whatever the cost of the panel above the door) and our price included for the letterbox, threshold etc. I knew we weren't paying the most competitive price (limited opportunity to shop around within the seai scheme) but we are happy enough, particularly after the grant is factored in.

Door looks great (will be better when the house is finished) but in terms of accoustics, is only marginally better than the uPvc door it replaced. Will be impossible to tell whether it makes any difference in terms of hear loss.

Apologies for the mess but you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Alkers wrote: »
    We paid almost 3,700e (before grant, as we are getting a full retrofit through a seai scheme) for one of these Palladio doors but we have a panel either side and a panel above the door, which increases the price to at least 2,500 on that site (plus whatever the cost of the panel above the door) and our price included for the letterbox, threshold etc. I knew we weren't paying the most competitive price (limited opportunity to shop around within the seai scheme) but we are happy enough, particularly after the grant is factored in.

Door looks great (will be better when the house is finished) but in terms of accoustics, is only marginally better than the uPvc door it replaced. Will be impossible to tell whether it makes any difference in terms of hear loss.

Apologies for the mess but you get the idea.
    What color is your frame.???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

massy086 wrote: »
    What color is your frame.???

Looks like a Dublin door in blue and frame in anthracite grey. I only know as I looked at both colours when buying mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

anewme wrote: »
    Looks like a Dublin door in blue and frame in anthracite grey. I only know as I looked at both colours when buying mine

Definitely anthracite frame, no sure of the name of the blue. White inside

Advertisement